Sponsored

Slowly Hating The Appearance Pkg ..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
I've actually done that. When the C7 Z06 was released, I had one of the first in the Dallas area. Got to where I would not go to the store for anything. I caught one azhat taking a picture of his kid sitting on the hood ! :angry: He was not a happy camper when the police responded. Worse for him, I was still active duty law enforcement. Kind of funny as his lawyer kept changing the court date hoping I wouldn't show up ......... Wrong, I did ! :crackup:
You called the cops because a kid was sitting on your hood? What the fk was the guy charged with?
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Unless he scratched or dented the car all I'd do was yell at him to get off it.

It's a waste of the cops time otherwise. People complain about the courts time being wasted on frivolous stuff, that's a perfect example.

both my 2003 Mach1 and the Bullitt constantly get people looking at me, stopping me and chatting me up at red lights and parking lots. Almost every time I go out.

So you hate people gawking at your car, and you waste taxes on people taking photos with it and not damaging it.... You sound like an "azhat" yourself.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
What was the charge?
Criminal mischief and, trespassing. In TX, one's vehicle is considered an extension of your home or place of residence. Covered by our castle law. Legally speaking, even looking into a private vehicle is considered an invasion of privacy.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
You called the cops because a kid was sitting on your hood? What the fk was the guy charged with?
I called the police because the father broke the law. Plain and simple. The parent is supposed to know the difference between right and wrong. If you want some kid sitting on the hood of your car and scraping the paint with his shoes, so be it.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Unless he scratched or dented the car all I'd do was yell at him to get off it.

It's a waste of the cops time otherwise. People complain about the courts time being wasted on frivolous stuff, that's a perfect example.

both my 2003 Mach1 and the Bullitt constantly get people looking at me, stopping me and chatting me up at red lights and parking lots. Almost every time I go out.

So you hate people gawking at your car, and you waste taxes on people taking photos with it and not damaging it.... You sound like an "azhat" yourself.
There is a difference between gawking at a car and damaging it. I'll wager if someone beat the crap out of your car you'd scream bloody murder.

Sponsored

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
I called the police because the father broke the law. Plain and simple. The parent is supposed to know the difference between right and wrong. If you want some kid sitting on the hood of your car and scraping the paint with his shoes, so be it.
you must be fun at parties

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
you must be fun at parties
Evidently, y'all don't give a damn about your car. The damn kid scraped the paint badly with his shoes. There were stones stuck in the grooves of his hiking boots. Absolutely nothing gives anyone the right to damage someone's private property.

ACMEguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP 'M3162'
Ya, and the next time they are truckin' down the highway and they come across a bunch of HA's at a roadside diner, maybe they'll put the kid on one of their hogs for a photo op :whew:!

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
Evidently, y'all don't give a damn about your car. The damn kid scraped the paint badly with his shoes. There were stones stuck in the grooves of his hiking boots. Absolutely nothing gives anyone the right to damage someone's private property.
Not to beat a dead horse (pun intended) its only material things. My kid scratched the side of my car with his bicycle handle and I didn't even call the cops on him or take him to court. One time a small rock flew up and hit my car, I didn't chase down the dump truck and shoot the driver. I just got in front of him. My car still looks amazing. But at the end of the day it's just a car. So no, I guess I don't give a damn about my car.

Sponsored

sleepy floy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'74 Ford Bronco, '15 Jeep Wrangler
Not to beat a dead horse (pun intended) its only material things. My kid scratched the side of my car with his bicycle handle and I didn't even call the cops on him or take him to court. One time a small rock flew up and hit my car, I didn't chase down the dump truck and shoot the driver. I just got in front of him. My car still looks amazing. But at the end of the day it's just a car. So no, I guess I don't give a damn about my car.
Shame on you, you should never pass up the opportunity to call the cops on your kid. What kind of parent are you?!!! :giggle:

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
There is a difference between gawking at a car and damaging it. I'll wager if someone beat the crap out of your car you'd scream bloody murder.
Yeah, I would but you said NOTHING about anyone "beating the crap out of" your car. Just " a kid sat on it".

I had someone open their car door and the wind blew pushing it into into mine. It is the Only paint chip on my car and it will cost me at least 1K to get rid of it and redo my paint protection. Did I call the cops? No. Because it was obviously an accident, and they apologized.

Shit happens. It's a car, not a family member or my whole life. Sometimes the important lesson is "learn when NOT to be a dick".

Last edited:
OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
There is a major difference here. Your kid, your car. It was an accident. Vastly different than an adult placing their child on a vehicle not owned by that person and, said vehicle is damaged such that it required repairs. As for the stone damage, that is on you. If the object strikes the road first before striking your car, it is considered road debris. Ask your insurance agent.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Yeah, I would but you said NOTHING about anyone "beating the crap out of" your car.

I had someone open their car door and the wind blew pushing it into into mine. It is the Only paint chip on my car and it will cost me at least 1K to get rid of it and redo my paint protection. Did I call the cops? No. Because it was obviously an accident, and they apologized.

Shit happens. It's a car, not a family member or my whole life. Sometimes the important lesson is "learn when NOT to be a dick".
You can look at the law anyway you wish to. I will look at it my way. Plain and simple, what the father did was against the law. Even where you live in PA. Break the law and there are ramifications.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.