Sponsored

Single Brake Light Bar Stuck Bright

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Not my car, but yesterday I saw two different Mustangs with the inner-most tri-bar on the left brake light lit up as if the brakes were being pressed/turn signal was on. It was super obvious, as all the rest of the 5 tri-bars were just in running light mode and when these individuals would brake or use a turn signal, they'd light up appropriately. I thought to myself, maybe it's a setting in their particular cars where they can run a rear fog warning light similar to what I had on the cars I used when living in Europe, but neither of these cars had Canadian plates (some cars there have this feature).

Just thought I'd throw out that observation should anyone want to give their own car a lookover before their 36K warranty ends, or something. Just odd I saw TWO cars in the same day with this issue. That or there is some kind of light feature on the car I've not found, haha. :shrug:
Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I just noticed this tonight on mine. Driver side middle tri bar stuck in brake light mode. Warranty ended in April.....

jeffmac179

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium - 50 years edition
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like my 2015 GT is having a similar issue. The inner most tri-bar on the passenger side tail light is stuck on brake-light brightness when the lights are on. Rest are fine. Just bumping this thread in hopes maybe someone has found a remedy? Don't want to spend $500-$900 for a whole new unit for one LED issue.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Seems like my 2015 GT is having a similar issue. The inner most tri-bar on the passenger side tail light is stuck on brake-light brightness when the lights are on. Rest are fine. Just bumping this thread in hopes maybe someone has found a remedy? Don't want to spend $500-$900 for a whole new unit for one LED issue.
I had the exact same problem on driver side. No fix but a new tail lamp. Had my bcm reprogrammed for $135 and nothing. I bought a set of clean takeoffs from a member on here for a killer price. Look around.

jeffmac179

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium - 50 years edition
Vehicle Showcase
I had the exact same problem on driver side. No fix but a new tail lamp. Had my bcm reprogrammed for $135 and nothing. I bought a set of clean takeoffs from a member on here for a killer price. Look around.
Thanks for the reply and the info. If it continues to annoy me, I'll look into replacing the unit.

Sponsored

H35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Is a new taillight the fix?
I have the same problem, inner on the right stays bright

Dweisman429

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Similar issue here...except the outter bar on the left lamp.

I also bought a set of takeoffs for a very reasonable price and replaced it.

Not sure if the lamp could be repaired or not, but I'm not going to worry about it.

Dweisman429

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
On mine it did for me anyway.

I bought them from a guy that did euros...but before I bought them, I swapped it out with a buddy's car to make sure. Luckily I had that option available

Sponsored

Jeg70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt
I am having same issue with my 15 GT PP (orig owner 38k miles) with center tribar of left tail light always brighter than the remaining LEDs. Are there any other fixes besides full replacements? Disconnecting the battery had no impact? Thanks