Nix2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacek
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550 V6, 2016 Package 051A
Hello
I want to "upgrade" the side mirrors. Originally ( V6 Base version) it has the simplest mirrors (only 3 pins) that they only have
electric control, nothing else, without signpost, heater, Mustang logo and folding. I want to put on used EU 9 pin mirrors because of the fact greater availability on the aftermarket. Some of the wires in the door are probably missing - will the connection be simple?

Regards! Nix
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Kinda depends on what you consider "simple"
It certainly won't be plug-n-play. It might not even be possible to make all the functions work. But I'm sure you can make a fair amount work.

JakeLethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Hello
I want to "upgrade" the side mirrors. Originally ( V6 Base version) it has the simplest mirrors (only 3 pins) that they only have
electric control, nothing else, without signpost, heater, Mustang logo and folding. I want to put on used EU 9 pin mirrors because of the fact greater availability on the aftermarket. Some of the wires in the door are probably missing - will the connection be simple?

Regards! Nix
Probably gonna have to look into some adapter harnesses to utilize all of the functions. Definitely not gonna be plug n play.

OP
OP

Nix2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacek
Vehicle(s)
Of course, I know that it will not be Plug & Play, there are probably no required cables and you need to install the missing cables. I have a diagram, but I do not know how to read some symbols - for example, how to read e.g. the right mirror for connector C626, pin No. 6 and output to "Heated window" 56-1 and 56-2. What do these numbers 56-1 and 56-2 mean?

Regards! Nix

lusterka 1.jpg

101a

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost 101a
Hey... I have a 101A Mustang and I put on the international mirrors. It was plug and play.

Heck, even the pony lights worked on my Mustang. The only wire that was missing from the factory lume was folding mirror relay. I have a still from a video I took from inside the door, if it helps.

1604450594003.png

To be fair, I still can't prove my mirrors are heated. I haven't had them snowed over yet but the connections were there.

1604450719623.jpeg

Sponsored

101a

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
I dug out my old mirrors. They're the 3 pin mirrors.

1604451846083.jpeg

OP
OP

Nix2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacek
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately, in my 2016 Base (Sub C) Mustang there is no wiring except for 3 pins ...

And does folding and unfolding the mirrors from the keyless key work in your cars?
Is folding the mirror connected with the simultaneous closing of the windows?

101a

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately, in my 2016 Base (Sub C) Mustang there is no wiring except for 3 pins ...

And does folding and unfolding the mirrors from the keyless key work in your cars?
Is folding the mirror connected with the simultaneous closing of the windows?
The wire for the power folding is missing in the harness, missing in the power window controller, and I also don’t have the relay to fold it.

I’ve looked for the part number for the relay https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/power-foldable-mirror-relay.144579/post-2960326 but haven’t found it. I could wire all the rest just like my rear fog light and its switch if I did get it though.

To answer your much earlier question, 56-1 and 56-2 are just diagrams referenced. If you look at my linked post, it would look something like the door/grid image.

Might be worth the $23 to buy a 72 hour subscription to https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Home/Index and get all the diagrams and wiring info. It will even tell you the correct pins and wires if you click on the page options. It was helpful for me at least.

OP
OP

Nix2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacek
Vehicle(s)
Things are slowly moving forward ...

There is probably a factory BCM-conektor C311 / 313 harness and only the harness inside the door is missing.
Would anyone have a diagram of the C313 / 311 connector in the door / body?

101a

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
Here's what I have from back in March.

Attachments

Sponsored
OP
OP

Nix2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacek
Vehicle(s)
I connected the mirrors, thanks everyone for the help!
Everything works except electric folding. I bought a universal mirror folding module and I will try to connect it, but I need two power supplies for the module:
+ 12V all the time, and the second + 12V after the ignition. I do not want to puncture the wires one by one, so maybe someone knows where in the BCM area I can find + 12V after the ignition?

I have + 12V all the time with BCM connector C2280H, pin 1.

BCM plus stały pin 1.jpg

101a

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
You're in Poland??? You could try tapping into fuse 23.

Can you find the official Ford part numbers for the folding mirror relay and the window mirror switch? I found some pictures but nothing that matches with anything I can search online.

1605755982510.png

1605756000432.png

1605756009290.png

I know you're trying a universal module but I've never found any part number for the Mustang relay. Only the relay connector, EU2Z-14S411-ZVA.

I actually have the switch module that would work but not the plastic housing to actually use it. With your help, I could finally finish this and get everything working.

1605756278093.png

OP
OP

Nix2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacek
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I'm from Poland, in fact I don't have:
a: wiring
b: relay
c: driver's door window / mirror switch with folding button

That's why I want to connect a universal module, which would additionally work with the original Mustang remote, so it would be more convenient than the factory folding button.

So it would be closing from the remote control, without the original folding button.

Therefore, in my folding system there will be no original relay and folding button, because their functions will be taken over by the universal folding module.

Last edited:

101a

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I'm from Poland, in fact I don't have:
a: wiring
b: relay
c: driver's door window / mirror switch with folding button

That's why I want to connect a universal module, which would additionally work with the original Mustang remote, so it would be more convenient than the factory folding button.

So it would be closing from the remote control, without the original folding button.

Therefore, in my folding system there will be no original relay and folding button, because their functions will be taken over by the universal folding module.
You're right. I shouldn't have asked for your help finding part numbers. If I knew you were going reiterate your situation for a second time I never would've asked you.

Tyeayo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Hey... I have a 101A Mustang and I put on the international mirrors. It was plug and play.

Heck, even the pony lights worked on my Mustang. The only wire that was missing from the factory lume was folding mirror relay. I have a still from a video I took from inside the door, if it helps.

1604450594003.png

To be fair, I still can't prove my mirrors are heated. I haven't had them snowed over yet but the connections were there.

1604450719623.jpeg
Folding mirror? They folded on their own??
Sponsored