Should I get active exhaust?

holaz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP
I have it and I love it, there is a big difference when you switch your exhaust from Normal to Track. Never used it on quiet tho
:party::party::party:
Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I have AE on mine and love it. I have it set to quiet mode between midnight and 9am. It works great. After 9am it defaults to normal which is fine for me. Enough of a nice exhaust sound and not obnoxious for my taste. Iā€™ve had loud exhausts in the past and love this option.

Son of SVO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Ecoboost premium coupe
Can you get active exhausr for the ecoboost? The ecoboost is not that loud
Yes you can! The HPP comes with it and I really like it. Not sure but Quiet is probably similar to a standard Ecoboost, agree meh. Gets louder with more bark burble and deeper tone as you go to Sport and Track. I especially like Track. All modes are pretty quiet at low revs, however.
I'm not sure if it is still offered as a standalone option on the Ecoboost.

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
I don't have it and my exhuast sound is just fine -- It's just one less thing to mess around. Spending money to be quiet for your neighbor is just nuts. Just drive slow low RPM is quiet mode enough.

However, I would get the woofer.

Sponsored

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I really like active exhaust!!! And yes Martin you can get active exhaust on the ecoboost ,But! Its not the same.

OP
OP
RonsterGT

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 5.0 GT/ā€˜16 F150 XLT/ā€˜21 Explorer Platinum
I don't have it and my exhuast sound is just fine -- It's just one less thing to mess around. Spending money to be quiet for your neighbor is just nuts. Just drive slow low RPM is quiet mode enough.

Getting the woofer šŸ‘

Zacaxel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Fastback
Active comes standard here in AUS. I just swapped it out for an AWE Touring catback and couldn't be happier.
No need to switch the exhaust mode to loud every time I get in the car now.

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Track mode is obnoxious enough for me and garners much stares - especially in a downtown/buildings type situation or under a bridge. I don't think I would go with an aftermarket and I spend 99% of my time in track mode (programmed to MyMode).

Quiet start mode is great with the programmable time range. I keep it quiet after midnight and before 6am out of respect of the neighbors.

Where I live law enforcement can pull you over/ticket you for loud exhaust without any form of measurement - basically the officers discretion which you then need to waste time fighting in court. That's where Active Exhaust shines as when the police pull beside you at a light, a few flicks of the toggle and you are back to Normal mode and raises no eyebrows. Once you've past, flick back to Track and enjoy the noise.

I should also say, even track mode is subdued at low throttle input/RPM but when you get on it, it gets very loud very quickly.

I could only imagine the benefit if you do more exhaust modifications as the quiet mode would definitely come in more handy.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
yes

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Where I live law enforcement can pull you over/ticket you for loud exhaust without any form of measurement - basically the officers discretion which you then need to waste time fighting in court.
I would take the time to fight it in court, and once I proved my exhaust was stock I would sue the bejesus out of that cop. :devil:
Now, if my exhaust weren't stock and the cop were right... that would be a different story, of course.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma

Itā€™s not though because active exhaust also opens much louder than the stock one. I did the whole borla thing on my last mustang and donā€™t feel like messing around, and by getting a factory option like AE itā€™s perfect. I always run track mode and it sounds amazing.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
If you road trip AE is great. It's nice to not have a loud exhaust for 6+ hours straight. I think I'd be forced to go on trips in a Toyota if I didn't have it.

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
If you road trip AE is great. It's nice to not have a loud exhaust for 6+ hours straight. I think I'd be forced to go on trips in a Toyota if I didn't have it.
I sold my Ecoboost after 7 months of owning and bought a GT. At first, I got a slight headache from exhuast sound on my 800 mile drive home from Northern Virgina. Then I got used to it and enjoy the exhaust sound. When I drive my other vehicles they sound lame. LOL. Just no fun in it.
Sponsored