RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 5.0 GT/ā€˜16 F150 XLT/ā€˜21 Explorer Platinum
Hi everyone!

I have a '22 GT 6sp Fastback on order. No VIN as of yet, so changes to the order are still ok.

Should I order the active exhaust? Is it "worth it"?

I am trading my '20 GT and it has a Corsa Sport cat-back (non-active). Dealer said they would swap Corsa to new car if I wanted and put oem on my trade @ no charge.

I know exhaust tone/volume is subjective, maybe some here have experienced both and could comment?

Any insight is appreciated.

Thank you!
Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
This has been asked a lot. My answer is always the same. If you feel that you need to be quiet leaving your neighborhood or around your neighbors I would say yes. I did not get it because I have always been loud and proud. I got Ford performance by Borla sport exhaust and I am thrilled with it. I donā€™t need to be quiet so thatā€™s why I didnā€™t get it.

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
While I don't have a GT, I absolutely love it on the EB. Like said, great for quiet cold starts and cruising on the highway with minimal drone. Want to have fun? Set it to track and let the engine speak. It's like a giggle switch for me lol.

If you don't care about how loud you are, I'd say forgo it. There are also options that allow you to install non-AE onto an AE car and keep codes from being set, if you decide to order it and don't like it.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
yup. i love mine. i mainly run it in track mode, but still lol i love it

OP
OP
RonsterGT

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 5.0 GT/ā€˜16 F150 XLT/ā€˜21 Explorer Platinum
This has been asked a lot. My answer is always the same. If you feel that you need to be quiet leaving your neighborhood or around your neighbors I would say yes. I did not get it because I have always been loud and proud. I got Ford performance by Borla sport exhaust and I am thrilled with it. I donā€™t need to be quiet so thatā€™s why I didnā€™t get it.
Thanks for your reply.

Once upon a time I cared about being too noisy with my car in the neighbourhood until I had an epiphany one summer day this year.

My lovely wife and I were on the front porch at about 12 noon enjoying a cold beer when we realized our neighbourhood was 3/4 occupied with homes that have barking dogs.

This particular day, it seemed every single dog in the neighbourhood was outside barking simultaneously. Iā€™m not talking a random ā€œwoof woofā€ now and again at a squirrel or some critter, it was full on noise pollution.

It was the day I declared to my wife I no longer gave a shit about early morning cold-starts.

So yeah, Iā€™m ok with loud. I was more curious if sport/track settings on AE system sounded better than Corsa with double H.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Having the option for quiet/loud is ok. Have that on the wife's 2014 Jag. I finally figured out what the switch was for that has a pic on it that looks for all the world like a pair of sunglasses. That said, no idea what the long term reliability is for the servos on active exhaust. The engineer in me says, "something else that can fail" and be expensive to fix.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for your reply.

Once upon a time I cared about being too noisy with my car in the neighbourhood until I had an epiphany one summer day this year.

My lovely wife and I were on the front porch at about 12 noon enjoying a cold beer when we realized our neighbourhood was 3/4 occupied with homes that have barking dogs.

This particular day, it seemed every single dog in the neighbourhood was outside barking simultaneously. Iā€™m not talking a random ā€œwoof woofā€ now and again at a squirrel or some critter, it was full on noise pollution.

It was the day I declared to my wife I no longer gave a shit about early morning cold-starts.

So yeah, Iā€™m ok with loud. I was more curious if sport/track settings on AE system sounded better than Corsa with double H.

Good for you :thumbsup: LMAO........... totally true you have arrived, :champagne: exactly how I live, don't tread on me .

OP
, had factory AE, removed them for Roush axle backs. It got old real fast setting the system for loud every time I got in the car.

FYI if you like the voice, the axle backs, is money well spent and easiest to install, both being big winners .

Hard to imagine a loud jag, but loud jag driver. Don't worry the valves are a very common part. So the cost to replace when one fails will be less then whats spent on a cell phone.

Last edited:

wadewolf76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang coupe, 21 Twister Orange GT premium
I went with the active just for leaving for work in the morning. Mainly because I like to think that though I'm an asshole, I'm not a total dick.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Something to be said about turning off the loud button from the steering wheel in certain situations... I have AE using Corsa's catback and HH pipe, sounds awesome!

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the active just for leaving for work in the morning. Mainly because I like to think that though I'm an asshole, I'm not a total dick.

Says who ............. LMAO

Sponsored

food_fanaticz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT Premium
I've got AE and love it. I like having the option to go into quiet mode, I try to be considerate in the mornings lol. When driving, it's usually in sport or track mode :sunglasses:

CUL8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT vert. PP1, 401A, AE, 6spd, ESS G2/G3
Love the AE on my 20 GT! Mostly for the early morning departures and when the POPO are nearby :). H pipe and AE make a beautiful sound!! As the others have said, get it if you feel you'll use it's functionality, other wise do the swap.

Last edited:

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
YES, that was one option I had to have and with a resonator delete it makes the car sound even better. You can go from quiet to loud with a selection.

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
Go for it
Sponsored