Sponsored

Should I come back?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I was trading GTs every year and kept shopping Challengers, Camaros and Mustangs. I always liked my car but I was also always looking for something better. When I bought the GT350 that changed for me. Yes I have had problems and I even swapped out the transmission so I would have the coolers. But I really like the car and I'm still not bored after 3 years of ownership. It could be that part of it is going to the track with the car more, or just the fact that the GT350 seems special to me.

My point being consider making a step up in options and get what you really want. Yes the car will cost more, but if you are happy and keep the car longer you might come out ahead in the long run. I don't know if that means a Hellcat, ZL-1 or a GT350 - or even another manufacturer like BMW or Porsche. Depends on what you like.
Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I've driven an auto Scat Pack. I just test drove an A10 base Mustang GT yesterday. The A10 in the '19 GT was AWESOME. Best auto I've driven so far. Compared to the 2016 auto GT I test drove; night and day. I thought the A10 would still be soft down low. Nope. It's a rocket. In fact, I liked it so much that if I get another GT it will be an auto, base, with black accent package. I had a manual 15 GT PP and the shifter is decent but noisy. This A10 was really impressive.

That said....would I get rid of a Scat Pack that I like to get one? Only if I wanted something smaller that handled a bit better b/c you will be taking a beating on depreciation. And the Scat Pack ZF 8spd is pretty good as well. But I do think the new A10 is better. The Scat Challenger is cool looking too and is no slouch. But if you have the $ and really want a change, then go for it. But I wouldn't change for change sake. I'd change b/c the Mustang will give you something the Challenger can't. If not, you'll be wanting to change from the Mustang to something else soon. But if you have the $, then go for it.

OP
OP
Wally

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger Scat Pack
I was trading GTs every year and kept shopping Challengers, Camaros and Mustangs. I always liked my car but I was also always looking for something better. When I bought the GT350 that changed for me. Yes I have had problems and I even swapped out the transmission so I would have the coolers. But I really like the car and I'm still not bored after 3 years of ownership. It could be that part of it is going to the track with the car more, or just the fact that the GT350 seems special to me.

My point being consider making a step up in options and get what you really want. Yes the car will cost more, but if you are happy and keep the car longer you might come out ahead in the long run. I don't know if that means a Hellcat, ZL-1 or a GT350 - or even another manufacturer like BMW or Porsche. Depends on what you like.
Glad to hear you’re loving the GT350, it is an amazing car! I have thought about different models from zee Germans etc. and my dream car that is possibly attainable in the future is the C63s coupe. With the options I would want I’m looking at around $90k MSRP which would be a big stretch for me right now. I don’t want to have a huge car payment and not be able to afford other fun stuff because of it.

I looked at hellcats and I’m sure they are a blast as well as reasonably priced but the challenger just doesn’t do it for me like the S550 does. I’m sure the GT500 will be right up there with a C63 after ADM too.

Obviously I don’t need 600+ HP for a DD car but if I get a GT optioned exactly how I want it, I would consider adding a blower with the basic supporting mods maybe after a year or two. I’m pretty content with the 485 HP on tap with the scat though so more power is not a huge priority for me.

OP
OP
Wally

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger Scat Pack
I agree with this. Bleeding Ford Blue is a privilege not to be taken lightly. From Henry Ford, to Carroll Shelby to beating Enzo Ferrari at LeMans, it's an American tradition like no other. Dodge wouldn't even be around if they hadn't made money working for Ford. Ten million Mustangs have been sold since 1964. If mine is one of the few new ones around here, I'm cool with it.
Don’t worry, I’m in Florida so I won’t ruin the exclusivity of your mustang in Wisconsin lol.