Sponsored

Should I be worried - interior windscreen condensation (again!)?

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
But yea, for peace of mind, I do need to keep an eye on the condensation for the near future. A few cold/wet days would actually be welcome right now - that's what will give me the confidence I'm all sorted.
Oi! - its 20 degrees in Yorkshire - and sunny! :sun: careful what you wish for!:rain:

Personally I agree - get it home - clean it (that way you can check for any additional damage) - then leave a hosepipe on it for a fair while ...
Sponsored

Andy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 race red gt
Apparently mine is nearly done. A leaky back window. This does seem sensible as the rear drivers carpet was soaking wet. They thought they had fixed it but a few drops came in when testing so they are resealing it. It's only taken 3 months.
I've ordered a digital moisture meter, ÂŁ6.55, to keep an eye on it.
That at evans halshaw preston?thats my nearest dealer.do they know what they are doing where mustang is involved?

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Apparently mine is nearly done. A leaky back window. This does seem sensible as the rear drivers carpet was soaking wet. They thought they had fixed it but a few drops came in when testing so they are resealing it. It's only taken 3 months.
I've ordered a digital moisture meter, ÂŁ6.55, to keep an eye on it.
Good to hear. Pretty bad for a window reseal though. Mine's been in about 10 weeks but was completely dismantled! Did they go to the lengths of stripping the interior like mine do you know?

Originally (last year) it was my rear drivers foot well that seemed to have the most water in it, but the front did as well. As far as I know that was a faulty seam in the A pillar.

Hope they have addressed your grommet too!

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
It took them two months to do anything. I mentioned the grommet which may or may not be looked at. EH Preston have sent the car to an independent body shop, so they might know what they are doing. I live in hope, but with my moisture meter at the ready. If dampness shows up again it is to Tootle the Mustang will go.
Worth triple checking on the grommet. My situation is living proof that one dealership ignored the request - or failed to address it sufficiently, which WILL come back to bite you in the ass! Especially concerning interior dampness/condensation.

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
No word from Ford today. This is torture!!!

Resisting the urge to call them :crazy:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Off I go....it's ready!

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
It was a quick event. Had to get back to the office...

The exhaust is absolute bliss! Epic sound - quiet when it needs to be, but comes alive when you get on it! Going to have so much fun with that. Massive grin on my face...

It was a bit surreal driving it again, will take some getting used to. Obviously nothing was as I left it, all my settings I think have been reset; sync 3 back on the daytime mode, trip counters etc. Seat/steering wheel just felt wayyy outta place. It's filthy - for my standards, but I have tomorrow to sort that out.

Couple of initial niggles. Gear knob has been scuffed - on the red plastic ring, not a major disaster though. The reverse sleeve doesn't seem to spring back down as well - after being lifted. Indicator click is abnormally fast, which I know will bug me.

Apart from that though, from the quick 15 min drive I had, it felt very well put together! No noticeable rattles - good news. I'll obviously have a closer inspection on everything when I clean tomorrow but for now, great to have it back.

Quick shot of the exhaust. I'll sort out a video over the next couple of days :sunglasses:

IMG_9657.jpg

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Couple of initial niggles. Gear knob has been scuffed - on the red plastic ring, not a major disaster though. The reverse sleeve doesn't seem to spring back down as well - after being lifted. Indicator click is abnormally fast, which I know will bug me.
I have a spare gt350r knob just needs a thread tap to fit uk shaft as its a yank one :)

the indicator click is more than likely come down to them fitting the wrong loom and they've fitted a yank loom instead. ours have a resistor inline that slows the click/flash down (same issue we have when fitting some after market side indicators needed a resistor splicing in to make them work) assuming you're are flashing at right speed and its only the click thats out pretty sure thats what it'll be.

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have a spare gt350r knob just needs a thread tap to fit uk shaft as its a yank one :)

the indicator click is more than likely come down to them fitting the wrong loom and they've fitted a yank loom instead. ours have a resistor inline that slows the click/flash down (same issue we have when fitting some after market side indicators needed a resistor splicing in to make them work) assuming you're are flashing at right speed and its only the click thats out pretty sure thats what it'll be.
You seem to have spares of everything! I'll bear that in mind - cheers.

I'll check the actual light speed, but as you say, it's likely just the clicking.

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
You seem to have spares of everything! I'll bear that in mind - cheers.

I'll check the actual light speed, but as you say, it's likely just the clicking.
excluding the chassis enough to build a 2nd mustang :)

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
excluding the chassis enough to build a 2nd mustang :)
Ha!

Indicators fine on the outside. Just the ticking on the dash, seems double speed.

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2017, Ford Fiesta ST200.
Really pleased you have her back. I hope you don't find anymore gremlins. I'll look forward to pictures etc.

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
Ha!

Indicators fine on the outside. Just the ticking on the dash, seems double speed.
When I fitted switchbacks to my LHD the clicking sounded like a pony galloping but indicators still flashed normal speed
Sponsored