Sponsored

Should I be worried - interior windscreen condensation (again!)?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
When I fitted switchbacks to my LHD the clicking sounded like a pony galloping but indicators still flashed normal speed
Yeah it's called "Hyperblink" if you've got the wrong resistor layout, wrong canbus layout etc it'll cause it to have a little fit (or in switchback case, it's usually because of the "load" to the lights.

Not sure why Kris' are kicking off as Hyperblink also occurs for other reasons.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well, so far so good! After a thorough clean Friday, I'm pleased to report no condensation dramas. Even after a little panic - I got in and turned the power on (not engine) about an hour after having driven it following my wash - instant condensation. 99% sure that was just the warm air hitting the now cool glass! This whole thing has made me paranoid I'll admit. Will keep an eye on it.

There is a hint of a rattle/buzz coming from the passenger door/glove box area. Not 100% convinced though, so I am monitoring.

Dealership have offered to replace my GT350 shift knob they scratched.

Dash indicator still fast. Shouldn't be, as no bulbs have been replaced, so I'm still seeking a fix for that. Surprisingly annoying (for me). Haven't yet tried the battery out for 20 mins as recommended by Manders. Been busy!

It was great to be able to give it a proper clean on Friday. It was quite filthy inside & out, and even if the dealership were capable of a good wash, I doubt they would have spent the time needed for a "deep clean" as I did. Exhaust is great fun, EXACTLY the sound I was hoping for. Quiet when it needs to be but holy hell, it's a great noise when you give it some! Will take some getting used to however, certain speeds/rpm's to give a hint of drone (to my ears). This exhaust is renowned for zero drone, but being the first aftermarket exhaust I've ever owned it's all very different! Worth every penny though :sunglasses:

I'll be sure to keep this thread updated with anything new, but a big thanks to everyone who kept track of this wild warranty ride - your support has been greatly appreciated!

Anyway, some celebratory photos from the weekend! Enjoy :rockon:

IMG_9689.jpg
57496527645__E49BEC33-5341-4A78-B64D-0EBC42FC319C.JPG
IMG_9697.jpg
IMG_9698.jpg
IMG_9701.jpg
IMG_9692.jpg

IMG_7703.JPG
IMG_7710.JPG

IMG_9781_edit.jpg
IMG_9815_edit.JPG

COLD27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Velocity Blue GT
Exhaust is great fun, EXACTLY the sound I was hoping for. Quiet when it needs to be but holy hell, it's a great noise when you give it some! Will take some getting used to however, certain speeds/rpm's to give a hint of drone (to my ears). This exhaust is renowned for zero drone, but being the first aftermarket exhaust I've ever owned it's all very different! Worth every penny though :sunglasses:
I am very tempted by this exhaust as well, although I have read a few reports of mild droning now. How do you find it on cold start vs the stock exhaust?

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I am very tempted by this exhaust as well, although I have read a few reports of mild droning now. How do you find it on cold start vs the stock exhaust?
Interesting, I guess all exhaust will have some level of drone - to my ears, the stock exhaust can drone in the right scenario. Depends what you are used to I guess. Supposedly the sound does mellow out after a few hundred miles so, I'll report back in a month or so.

Cold start definitely louder than stock but not excessively so. I don't think its a "wake the neighbors" level of loud. It's the reason I didn't go for the Roush actually - even though that was my favorite by a mile for a long time, the cold start is quite harsh/aggressive. Not so much with the Ford Touring, i'd say it's got a deeper tone, where as the Roush tends to be a bit raspier - and, I'm pretty sure louder overall. Been meaning to get some videos so will make sure I post them somewhere & include a link here.

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Little update. Dropped car off yesterday to have the fast indicator clicking looked at and an intermittent dash rattle.

Despite all being connected & working from the outside, apparently one of the rear light connectors was not clicked in to place fully. Now it is pushed in, my dash indicators are running at normal speed!

Took them a few attempts to reproduce my rattle, but they eventually did & seemed to think it was coming from the glove box area. Few cables were moved around, and from my 20 min drive - all seems well.

Really enjoying having the car back, still feels a little surreal! Blasted through a full tank since filling up Thursday afternoon, but wouldn't change it for the world :sunglasses:

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Really pleased for you, matey. She's looking gorgeous after your detail..........and looks like you're just in time to enjoy a bit of sunshine.

Fingers crossed your problems are now a thing of a past :)

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
After 3 months and 25 days my car was ready. Seems bone dry with no pond smells. Nice to have her back, dirty but no giant knob scuffed into the bonnet.

A K6 but with potential to escalate up the K scale.
Good you have the car back.
Hopefully an end of the issue now.
Fill the tank & enjoy!
:thumbsup:

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Been following your thread.......... what an experience. So sorry you had to go through that, but it must be nice to know it was fixed right. It's hard to find a good dealership.. kind of a roll of the dice so to speak. One thing on the exhaust... the Ford Performance by Borla are known to drone a bit and every person's sensitivity is different. I had a Borla sport on my coupe and could not keep it because I was so sensitive to the drone. Ended up going with the Corsa Sport catback which has zero drone... quiet when you want it to be and loud when you get on it as well. It does not have that deep muscle car sound, but deep enough to complement the coyote motor. Just an option for you if you can't live with the drone.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Little update. Dropped car off yesterday to have the fast indicator clicking looked at and an intermittent dash rattle.

Despite all being connected & working from the outside, apparently one of the rear light connectors was not clicked in to place fully. Now it is pushed in, my dash indicators are running at normal speed!

Took them a few attempts to reproduce my rattle, but they eventually did & seemed to think it was coming from the glove box area. Few cables were moved around, and from my 20 min drive - all seems well.

Really enjoying having the car back, still feels a little surreal! Blasted through a full tank since filling up Thursday afternoon, but wouldn't change it for the world :sunglasses:

Just catching up, you have had a nightmare time, I hope you can now enjoy your Beautiful Stang, and have thousands of hours, of happy motoring. :-)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
After 2 whole months of making my final complaint to Ford Finance (19th March), I finally received their response in the post...

It was a little frustrating to read their written justification about why they offered what they did - they've missed some key details, got some dates wrong, and for some bizarre reason fail to see how my fault was not present at point of sale! Despite me taking it in just inside the 6 month cut off window (legally Ford would need to prove it wasn't faulty on collection if within 6 months - if this went any further). The guy also seemed to have glossed over the fact that despite my 2018 experience being "resolved" it actually wasn't, he seemed more focused on my complaint about this year - in terms of their compensation offer.

Anyway...they decided to reimburse 50% of 3 months of my finance payments + an additional ÂŁ250 "for the trouble". That pretty much covers my PS4S I had put on a few weeks back. This is in addition to the goodwill offered from Ford UK - enough for a couple of services just about, and I still have a voucher from Think Ford from last year that should cover a service too - not that I would have one done there! (I can also use on parts).

I've only thought on it overnight, but taking everything in to consideration, I'm happy with that outcome, so I'm going to take it & move on! As much as I feel compelled to drag Ford through the mud for this - it's a poor & lazy response IMO, I don't want all the extra hassle of going back to the Ombudsman & dealing with all of that for probably little gain.

Absolutely in love with the car now that it's fixed, and really bonded with it on my recent Wales road trip, so that's the end of that :sunglasses:

Thanks to everyone who chimed in & read my crazy ramblings, it did help!

Cheers

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Correct decision imo, as continuing to pursue Ford will negatively impact on your enjoyment of the car.
It's a week shy of two months since I reported some corrosion on my front wings and heard nothing which means I need to step up the hassling.

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
* nervous sweating *

20191002 - condensation.jpg

Has ANYONE had anything else like this today? Nice crisp morning - 6 degrees ish when I pulled up at work, following a good hour drive the interior was nice and toasty. Photo taken half an hour after i'd parked up. Had the driver window down, then the door open as I got in to the car park. So my initial thought (and hope) is that all the warm air stayed over on the pass side? Worth a mention too that the door shuts are still plenty wet from all this rain we've been having.

If you know this thread, then you'll excuse my overreaction!

Any input and reassurance welcome :)

Count Drunkula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hmmn, I think you're right to be concerned. Mine's not doing that....

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmn, I think you're right to be concerned. Mine's not doing that....
Fwiw mine did a lotttt of times yesterday - albeit i was getting in and out of a car, and the floor mat was wet af.
Sponsored