Sponsored

Should’ve kept my boss 302

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
Too those commenting on how the GT350 is not as much fun on the street as the Boss is could you please dwell down on this. I presently have a mint 13 Boss with an CAI/AED tune, the car is great fun on the street, pulls really hard. I have never attended a track day, not sure I will, just too costly. This being said I have thought about selling the Boss and getting into a low mileage 16 GT350TP or 17 GT350.
Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 67 Camaro I should have held on to many years ago. The GT 350 pony is a great car in today's market. I've built my Coyote for twisty's w/ X-pipe like the R 350. Wish I could afford coolers and track expenses. I can only afford special track days at COTA. But the S550 chassis "braced" can give the thrill of a Mustang GT350 any day, just not the sound. BMR has really helped me out.
tn_IMG_20181110_112318_817.jpg

Ronin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTP Stage 1
I think we all have those cars we miss. I have been fortunate to have a few fun ones but below is what I'll miss forever. The most fun I have had in a while is my 16 GTP with a Stage 1. However one day, I may opt for a real Shelby/GT model. Not sure what that would be yet as I'm still learning , but these threads help. Best of luck going forward. You are in a good spot to be considering these cars....
GTO.jpg

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Bright side: you no longer have to look at those awful 2011-2012 taillights! :p
Crazy right? The '11 and '12 taillights were awful. Some of the worst Ford has ever made. They redeemed themselves because the '13 and '14 have some of the best taillights Ford has ever made.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
I would say every boss vs gt350 review pretty much says the same thing. It really comes down which attributes you like better. For me, in a direct head to head, GT350 wins in power, looks, handling, interior, clutch/trans, brakes, and exhaust. Boss wins in character, seats, and exhaust is a close 2nd. Both engines are amazing, but the Voodoo is really one of a kind, and has its own personality and sound that is unlike any other car. If you have zero interest in tracking, maybe the 350 is overkill. If the Boss had brakes like the shelby, and a good transmission and clutch, It would have made it much harder to make the switch. I think I'll have another Boss someday. They are both special in their own way. Everyday Driver review on youtube is pretty accurate. Its very difficult to access the capabilities of the 350 on the street. In someways its akin to watching nascar drivers trying keep the speed limit on pit road..I agree with @cosmo on everything he said.

Sponsored

1blkpny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT premium
I think we all have those cars we miss. I have been fortunate to have a few fun ones but below is what I'll miss forever. The most fun I have had in a while is my 16 GTP with a Stage 1. However one day, I may opt for a real Shelby/GT model. Not sure what that would be yet as I'm still learning , but these threads help. Best of luck going forward. You are in a good spot to be considering these cars....
GTO.jpg
Oh my!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing. That is beautiful

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Went from my S550 to my Boss. LOVE this car. Never getting rid of it! Just needs boost and some wheels.

bosss.jpg

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Went from my S550 to my Boss. LOVE this car. Never getting rid of it! Just needs boost and some wheels.

bosss.jpg
Are you close to Greensboro?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Traded in my very unique Limited production 2012 boss 302 competition orange ! traded for a 2018 GT350 .( Beautiful car by the way great motor )BUT .....now there’s a 2019 GT 350 soon to be a 2020 GT 350 with a GT 500 cross plane crank motor!!?? should’ve kept the BOSS!
You had a 2012 BOSS, but then there was the S550...then the GT350.....then the GT350R......soon there will be a GT500!!!!

OMG!!! It's, like, there's new cars coming out ALL THE TIME!!!!

How that means you should have kept your BOSS is beyond me.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
for many years i have been going to car shows and also making the yearly trek to ford carlisle in june, and i know of a couple who lives in the area (between my home and DC) that never has the same car year after year...
first started noticing this around 2006....they bought the top of the line then saleen and maybe the shelby....then the next year it was the parnelli jones ed., then when the body style changed it was a vert, then when the boss came out
they had one of those, then the next year the 662hp shelby, then the special ed 2015, and last i saw they had i think it was another shelby....

my point is the guy really didnt care what vehicle he had he just had to have the newest, shiniest and fastest...i think it still holds true today.....and i know that is how some are.....they have to have the newest, best thing out there....
always going to happen. i have my cars because i like them, sure are the newer cars faster? yes but i like what i have, i bought the cars because i like the way they look and drive and yes i have contemplated trading them
but i still have them. they are paid for and until something comes out that i really like then ill get it...but not necessarily trading any of the others in to get it.
everyone's preferences.

Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Agreed you can’t go back and the boss was more fun around town quicker at lower RPMs ...actually rarity was not the objective but uniqueness was and I believed the many articles I read regarding the limited production of the GT 350 which turned out not to be true.https://www.fordnxt.com/news/the-2018-shelby-gt350-production-run-is-truly-limited/
Don't get so caught up in the numbers you don't enjoy the car. I work on the northside of Atlanta in a very well to do area (literally blocks away from the Porsche, Maserati, Ferrari, and Bentley dealerships) and I used to see GT500's of all model years everyday when I had mine. Since 2015 (when they came out with the GT350 and I started working here) I've still only seen one a few times and 3 times it was the same dark blue with black stripe car taking the same exit after work. Sure it's not a 1 of 100, but it's still pretty damned rare to see one out in the wild compared to even other high end Mustangs.

Too those commenting on how the GT350 is not as much fun on the street as the Boss is could you please dwell down on this. I presently have a mint 13 Boss with an CAI/AED tune, the car is great fun on the street, pulls really hard. I have never attended a track day, not sure I will, just too costly. This being said I have thought about selling the Boss and getting into a low mileage 16 GT350TP or 17 GT350.
I traded my 660 whp 09 GT500 in on a GT350 with a resonator delete as the only modification. I couldn't be happier. In Atlanta I rarely ever had a moment to exploit all the power in the GT500 as there's too much traffic and the car wouldn't hook until 60+ unless I ran drag radials. It was ok to take up into the mountains 30 minutes north of my house, but you could tell how nose heavy it was and the car just wanted to plow or snap oversteer on throttle. The GT350 can use all of its power all of the time and the added amenities over my 2009 and ride quality leave the old GT500 in the dust.

In a straight up drag race, of course it's slower, but 0-60 or 25-60 I would bet the GT350 is damn close as I'd be pedaling the hell out of the throttle on the GT500. The way I use my car, in town in traffic or up in the mountains, the GT350 was hands down the better option.