Sponsored

Shortblock advice

GuardEcoBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 16 Ecoboost
The point is that they are all just as reliable. All are much stronger than stock
I seem to remember a video where John was talking about chains and he said that they were made at the same place, but his chains were heavier and different metals. That video was also a couple years old I believe.
Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I seem to remember a video where John was talking about chains and he said that they were made at the same place, but his chains were heavier and different metals. That video was also a couple years old I believe.
Heavier and stronger than stock. Yes

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Absolutely. But every time you take it down the track you know that there’s a chance it’s the last
Seen plenty of "built" engines pop on less power.

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
To be honest built engines blow more than stock ones. Most built engines do not have the same attention to detail as factory engines

Do you think the aluminator would be a little better than most “ built engine“ since it’s by Ford. I’ve seen a few builds ones let go and it seems to always result in he said she said and no one wants to assume responsibility. I know you can build one for less but Just for arguments sake, what’s your thought?

Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Do you think the aluminator would be a little better than most “ built engine“ since it’s by Ford. I’ve seen a few builds ones let go and it seems to always result in he said she said and no one wants to assume responsibility. I know you can build one for less but Just for arguments sake, what’s your thought?
In a word no. Ford products are generally way overpriced. Firstly, the FRPP products aren't max'd out (in terms of the most top notch quality components and elements) secondly, they cost more than what it would cost you to build your own through a custom shop for even better outcome.

sloride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
That’s why I’m building mine. If it blows up. Guess I messed up and don’t have to go through “he said she said”. If it stays together I’ve saved almost $3,000

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Aluminator is a stock coyote with rods and pistons. Yes it should be just as dependable as a stock coyote. The pistons and cylinders will wear slightly sooner do to the extra piston to wall clearance but still 100,000 miles if cared for. I would get a brand new short block and install Mahle drop in pistons the same as the aluminator. It will cost you around $3500
Sponsored