Shop Manual

Ecto1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Can anyone suggest a source for a shop manual? I made the mistake of buying one of the $20 downloadable manuals for my Tbird and its a bit of a disappointment. It looks to be a scanned in version of the actual Ford manual but not all of the Ford sections are included. Probably over half of the pages are there but LOTS of sections are missing. It makes the manual more of a source for hints than actual diag & repair guides.

Thx.
Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone suggest a source for a shop manual? I made the mistake of buying one of the $20 downloadable manuals for my Tbird and its a bit of a disappointment. It looks to be a scanned in version of the actual Ford manual but not all of the Ford sections are included. Probably over half of the pages are there but LOTS of sections are missing. It makes the manual more of a source for hints than actual diag & repair guides.

Thx.
i used to use Motor's for my 70 Torino Cobra, 71 cougar and 68 stang.
Haven't looked for them in years but they have good illustrations and details.
Not sure if they have for your T bird..depends on year.
Here's quick link to used on Amazon just for reference.....
https://www.amazon.com/Motors-Auto-Repair-Manual-MOTOR/dp/B000BJ0GMW

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Thx.
what year is your Tbird?

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
EBay, $20 used
Screenshot_2021-09-14-10-18-33.png

I also found the shop manuals for my 2010 Mustang (volume 1 & 2) $60 used

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My current bird is an '02. I'm currently in the process of acquiring an '04 Pac Coast Edition.
My current bird is an '02. I'm currently in the process of acquiring an '04 Pac Coast Edition.
found these on line...two volume soft cover and DVD. You can use one or the other....
https://diyrepairmanuals.com/produc...3S8BQCX_l-dPEzmlgtZ_-p4d_-fr5Kd8aAilIEALw_wcB

https://diyrepairmanuals.com/produc...VQDs-XDga1EK5wHbnIoQTI2ACF-blKbQaAoyjEALw_wcB

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
also found on Amazon. The Amazon has three volumes....includes wiring diagram. $300 not bad for factory manual. Their are a few sellers listed.....new is $700+.
If you're keeping the T bird and plan to do your own service, I would get the factory manuals. All other manuals are not as details or specific.
https://www.amazon.com/Thunderbird-Service-service-electrical-diagrams/dp/B005708EJM

Good luck

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Thx.
What you are after is HERE::
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/free-s550-repair-manuals.134712/#post-2773833

OP
OP
Ecto1

Ecto1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
also found on Amazon. The Amazon has three volumes....includes wiring diagram. $300 not bad for factory manual. Their are a few sellers listed.....new is $700+.
If you're keeping the T bird and plan to do your own service, I would get the factory manuals. All other manuals are not as details or specific.
https://www.amazon.com/Thunderbird-Service-service-electrical-diagrams/dp/B005708EJM

Good luck
Yeah, I know about those. Unfortunately I'm too cheap to go that route. I went the digital download path because the 'manual' was only $20. I'm sure I got more than $20's worth but I was hoping for $200 worth for $20. I think the man said: "I'm not cheap I'm just looking for a bargain." Word. I hate to spend $200+ on the manuals.

But I agree with you, the manufacturer's manuals are the only ones worth buying. I've had several over the years and they are complete and very thorough. They include theory of operation which I find very helpful in diagnosing things.

Thx for the help.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ecto1

Ecto1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's EXACTLY what I'm looking for. Much appreciated.
Im a bit confused. I thought you needed a service manual for an 02 T Bird. The link is for an S550.
Are there 02 T Bird manuals on there as well? Curious.

OP
OP
Ecto1

Ecto1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Im a bit confused. I thought you needed a service manual for an 02 T Bird. The link is for an S550.
Are there 02 T Bird manuals on there as well? Curious.
Sorry, I guess the original post wasn't clear. I'm looking for a low budget shop manual for the '15 ecoboob Mustang. I was just whining about the downloadable manual I bought for my '02 Tbird. It was cheap ($20 or $30 bucks) but it's not complete. I don't want another incomplete manual for the Mustang. I'm also too cheap to buy the Ford Shop manuals directly.
Sponsored