Shop install time on edelbrock stage 2 kit

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible
Hey guys can anyone give me a good idea what the time is for a shop that normally installs super chargers would take to install the edelbrock stage 2 on. 19 gt

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
The shop that did my Whipple install did it in a day. They scheduled me to drop it off in the morning, and they called me and told me it was up and running, and that I could pick it up anytime after they opened the next day. Can't imagine that it would take much longer for the Edelbrock install, but it depends on their work load/scheduling.

OP
OP

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
The shop that did my Whipple install did it in a day. They scheduled me to drop it off in the morning, and they called me and told me it was up and running, and that I could pick it up anytime after they opened the next day. Can't imagine that it would take much longer for the Edelbrock install, but it depends on their work load/scheduling.
Man I dropped mine off last Saturday. I’m guessing they didn’t get started on it till Wednesday but still working on it today. Kinda has me worried taking so long. I get they might have other stuff but dropped it off with the expectation it would be done by this weekend. I think a week with the car is more than enough time

ColeTrickle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP, 09 G8 GT, 00 SS Camaro Conv
10-12 hours sounds right....

I think I could do it in my garage with my wife no problem over the course of a weekend without rushing and killing some beers.

If they have had it for a week other things got done while the car waited/sat.

OP
OP

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
10-12 hours sounds right....

I think I could do it in my garage with my wife no problem over the course of a weekend without rushing and killing some beers.

If they have had it for a week other things got done while the car waited/sat.
Yea fingers crossed they have this done by tomorrow. Edelbrock made this kit out to be simple to install for good mechanic

Sponsored

ColeTrickle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP, 09 G8 GT, 00 SS Camaro Conv
Yea fingers crossed they have this done by tomorrow. Edelbrock made this kit out to be simple to install for good mechanic
Make sure you give us feedback once you get it back. The Edelbrock kit is on my radar as pretty much the only carb approved roots style blower kit in CA .

Not sure if I need a stage 2 (stage 1 would probably be plenty on street tires) on my daily driver that won't see track duty but I'm on the fence.

OP
OP

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
Make sure you give us feedback once you get it back. The Edelbrock kit is on my radar as pretty much the only carb approved roots style blower kit in CA .

Not sure if I need a stage 2 (stage 1 would probably be plenty on street tires) on my daily driver that won't see track duty but I'm on the fence.
Will do

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
Hey guys can anyone give me a good idea what the time is for a shop that normally installs super chargers would take to install the edelbrock stage 2 on. 19 gt

Thanks in advance
Mine took a day to do, one thing you have to make sure you do is to get the calibration file before you do the installation (it doesn't come on the tuner).

Btw I'm running street tires and it's totally fine.
Sponsored