Sponsored

Shipping '"R" seats

rjm-1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I'm thinking of selling my "R" seats and wondered how to handle the packing and shipping. Does anyone have experience shipping seats?
Sponsored

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
I once bought a fixed back Recaro from a member on a different forum. We found that Greyhound shipping was cheapest by quite a bit. The buyer needs to go picking up at the local bus station but otherwise no issues.

OP
OP

rjm-1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I once bought a fixed back Recaro from a member on a different forum. We found that Greyhound shipping was cheapest by quite a bit. The buyer needs to go picking up at the local bus station but otherwise no issues.
Wow, Didn't know Greyhound did that. Thanks for the idea!

scannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2016 Miata (BBR turbo), '18 Subaru WRX
I bought a set of '16 5.0 seats from a dismantler. They came on a pallet with cardboard around the sides and between the pieces. Each piece was shrink wrapped and then the whole set and cardboard sides were shrink wrapped. No damage at all but it took well over an hour to get down to the bare seats.

Because it came from a dismantler I had to take both front and rear seats. The packaging and shipping cost about half of what the seats did.
IMG_0301.jpg

Sponsored

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Curious on what the going price is for R seats?

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Greyhound is a bit tricky but works if you can get them to the bus and the buyer can be there when the bus arrives. For shipping large things like that I’ve found the best rates to be through making a FedEx account and using your account number to setup the shipment. Doing that a couple years ago I was able to do door to door shipping of a hundred pound jet engine turbine to myself for less than $100, since the weight limit for ground shipping is about 125 pounds.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I would try 3PL over Greyhound but it all depends on where you are located. I do FedEx on a business account...

Sponsored
OP
OP

rjm-1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
3PL? What is it and how does it work? I searched 3PL and came up with Fastenal. If that's Fastenal, that may be the ticket as there is a Fastenal facility 5 miles from my house.

OP
OP

rjm-1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I would try 3PL over Greyhound but it all depends on where you are located. I do FedEx on a business account...
Should have used quote in my response. See my post for follow up to your remarks.

scannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2016 Miata (BBR turbo), '18 Subaru WRX
This is how a set of all four seats came to me from a '16 5.0 Mustang. Each piece was shrink wrapped and new thick cardboard was between all the pieces and around the outside. Then shrink wrap around the whole thing. No damage. The shipping was almost half the price of the seats.

It took more than an hour just to get everything unwrapped.
IMG_0301.jpg

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
U-haul wardrobe boxes with a platform to bolt the seats to, such as light plywood and lots of packing materials can work.
Sponsored