Shelby American Teasers

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
I'm sure it looks better in person, but the press reveal photos aren't doing it for me (as if I really matter anyhow).

I like the hood though. That's pretty sweet.

As others had said, the front looks very busy.

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
All the info has been posted to Shelby America’s website.
They must’ve been a little slow to push the button on the site. I went to their site about 10 minutes after the reveal and it wasn’t up yet 🤷🏻‍♂️

Shelbeast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAJ
Vehicle(s)
GT500, MME-GT, BMW X-1
You can't shine a turd (7G). Just kidding! The Shelby versions fixed Ford's previous mistakes, they can do it again.

Sponsored

Shelbeast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAJ
Vehicle(s)
GT500, MME-GT, BMW X-1
PS. I think Shelby fixed the rear overhang by curving it. Looks better. I wonder if the measurements are a throwback to the Cobra. I was told once the front brow of the 2011 GT500 was the same measurements as the original Cobra front.

Edit: I don't like the front grill plastic. Looks terrible.

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
PS. I think Shelby fixed the rear overhang by curving it. Looks better. I wonder if the measurements are a throwback to the Cobra. I was told once the front brow of the 2011 GT500 was the same measurements as the original Cobra front.

Yeah, there's just alot going on in different places on the car. The Shelby American website shows different color combos, and some look better in my opinion and work better with the front grill.

Shelbeast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAJ
Vehicle(s)
GT500, MME-GT, BMW X-1
Yeah, there's just alot going on in different places on the car. The Shelby American website shows different color combos, and some look better in my opinion and work better with the front grill.
Agree, the brighter colors help the back. The dark colors help the front.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I don't know why but the grill reminds me of a cat fish.

I miss the cobra snake look.
<grinning> I went back to look at the photos after reading your post, Dan and I immediately saw the catfish.

Here is the You Tube
Thanks for that, Chris, a lot more views of everything.

FWIW, ($.02) would be about right,) <grin> I'm not fond of the grill area either, RAJ. IMHO, Ford knocked it out of the park with the S550 500 front end. Sadly, they got rid of the painted bumper on the S650 which I think really gave the front end the perfect look.

Chances are, I may get some grief for this one but I have never warmed up to the way SA does Super Snake stripes and this iteration is no different. I so wish they would have stayed with the simple, original, double stripe and no outboard pin stripe.

Finally, and this is no big deal but, I loathe the "SHELBY" lettering on the side, it looks SO damn out of place and it hurts my brain because it seems totally out of place, like a really lousy afterthought.

I realize the S650 design of the doors and rockers limited what SA could do with lettering, italicizing "SHELBY" would be a little better but if I signed up for one, I would request no side lettering, vinyl or painted.

Shelbeast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAJ
Vehicle(s)
GT500, MME-GT, BMW X-1
<grinning> I went back to look at the photos after reading your post, Dan and I immediately saw the catfish.

Thanks for that, Chris, a lot more views of everything.

FWIW, ($.02) would be about right,) <grin> I'm not fond of the grill area either, RAJ. IMHO, Ford knocked it out of the park with the S550 500 front end. Sadly, they got rid of the painted bumper on the S650 which I think really gave the front end the perfect look.

Chances are, I may get some grief for this one but I have never warmed up to the way SA does Super Snake stripes and this iteration is no different. I so wish they would have stayed with the simple, original, double stripe and no outboard pin stripe.

Finally, and this is no big deal but, I loathe the "SHELBY" lettering on the side, it looks SO damn out of place and it hurts my brain because it seems totally out of place, like a really lousy afterthought.

I realize the S650 design of the doors and rockers limited what SA could do with lettering, italicizing "SHELBY" would be a little better but if I signed up for one, I would request no side lettering, vinyl or painted.
I agree! You hit on all the detail issues. IMO the GT350 and 500 have had some of the best frontal looks. I grew to love the painted bumper. It's a perfect visual and balanced.

I have never liked the SA stripes either. They do great hoods.

YES! the Shelby lettering looks like an afterthought. I always like the cursive writing on the challenger or any other car. Never been a fan of the rocker writing.

Not sure if I like the letters on the back trunk either. It worked in the 2010s with the bigger taillights.

Overall, for the price, Ford Shelbys have been better for the price IMO. I have always wanted a wide body though. My first love was the 2008 KR. That was a beauty ahead of its time. Silver and blue stripes.

Very sad the sun is setting on all of it. Horsepower war...great time to be alive.

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Does it even have a tremec?
Since it’s GT based, no. It has the MT82. Unless they’re using the Tremec for the GT now but I don’t think that’s the case
Sponsored