Sponsored

Shaker™ Pro Audio System vs. Premium 9 Speaker System

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I added a Zenclosure single 10'' rear facing sub box with a Kicker CVX and Kicker CXA600.1 mono amp. It absolutely blows the stock 12 speaker sub away. Not even remotely comparable. In my 16 I have the 9 speaker and my moms ecoboost has the 12. Any time I drive hers I am disappointed in the sound. I got their box that has the built in amp rack, so everything is hidden between the rear seat back and the amp rack space. I don't use my trunk pass through, so it was a huge win for me. The only wiring you can see is my LOC that I used.

36608030015_88dba40cf2_b.jpg
Sponsored

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
For 2018, the Shaker 12 speaker is a standalone $850 option over the speaker. Is it worth that much over the 9 speaker? Is there noticably better base, mids, soundstage? $850 is lot for just a sub and a couple tweeters if that's the only difference.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I've thought about this in the past when playing around with prices for different builds. I am currently driving with a semi-premium audio system (VW Fender) - for stock, it sounds wonderful, but as mentioned above, you have to take into consideration what your main listening source will be.

I listen to a lot of satellite radio, which has an absolutely awful bitrate. I would imagine that someone listening to the same source in a Mustang would probably notice little difference between the 9 speaker and Shaker system.

When I pull the trigger on a Mustang within the next few years, it's a decision I'll have to make. I'd like to think that I would just turn off the radio and listen to the engine note :)
Sat radio in the mustang sounds like absolute dog shit. They kept on calling me after my subscription expired...trying to get me to pay. When I told them what I thought of the sound quality, they chuckled and said they understood.

FM radio sounds leap years better than XM sat.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Sat radio in the mustang sounds like absolute dog shit. They kept on calling me after my subscription expired...trying to get me to pay. When I told them what I thought of the sound quality, they chuckled and said they understood.

Yes! I just cancelled my subscription for the GT and F150 for just this reason.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I added a Zenclosure single 10'' rear facing sub box with a Kicker CVX and Kicker CXA600.1 mono amp. It absolutely blows the stock 12 speaker sub away. Not even remotely comparable. In my 16 I have the 9 speaker and my moms ecoboost has the 12. Any time I drive hers I am disappointed in the sound. I got their box that has the built in amp rack, so everything is hidden between the rear seat back and the amp rack space. I don't use my trunk pass through, so it was a huge win for me. The only wiring you can see is my LOC that I used.
Your sub may blow the OEM sub out of the water but the OEM trunk blows your now 2 cu.ft. trunk out of the water.

Sponsored

Nvr2mucHP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Roush Warrior
FWIW, I didn't realize my 17 Stang would have the Pro sub. I was shocked at how good it sounded compared to my 14 (which didn't have the sub). If your not a total audiophile, I would say that the Pro is more than adequate.

PSUpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 V-6 Premium Convertible

I agree XM is awful even for the 5$ per month that I would get them down to. As to the Shaker Pro radio, I think you need it if you want to get HD radio that I find I like a lot.

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
I don't use the trunk in my car. Had the premium sound system which didn't have enough base. Bolted a box with 2 12 inch subs in and called it a day.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10

Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy

Yeah SAT sounds horrible. I would buy it if sounded better but it don't. Radio sounds good but what really sounds good is a flash drive stuck in a USB port.

To the OP. I have no idea if the 9 speaker systems sound as good as my 12 speaker Shaker system but I have NO regrets getting it. Everybody loves my sound system in my car especially with the flash stick with MP3's.

Last edited:

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I have a 400A with the Shaker w/o sub. I think it sounds pretty good and has pretty decent bass. Just goes to show we all have different ideas of what good is. I agree with others that say go hear them for yourself and decide.

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
The Shaker Pro has somewhat more bass. Have it in my 17. The 12 speakers sound a little more refined than the 9. The Premium 9 speaker system, sounds alright without the sub in the trunk. Kicker upgrades can always help .:headbang:

OP
OP

lpe403

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
The Shaker Pro has somewhat more bass. Have it in my 17. The 12 speakers sound a little more refined than the 9. The Premium 9 speaker system, sounds alright without the sub in the trunk. Kicker upgrades can always help .:headbang:
How much approximately would it cost to put a Kicker sub into a 9 speaker car?
Sponsored