Sponsored

Advancetrac issue

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I've tracked more Mustangs than I can count, and never had advancetrac reenable itself.

If you toggle and hold the switch for 8 seconds ...
Its rare, but it can happen. I’ve got a few hundred autox runs and lots of track sessions and its like 1 in 20 times (or less) it will error out (you get a dash message) and reboot a few seconds later to the default mode. Just because you haven’t personally seen it yet doesn’t mean it can’t happen. It usually takes a hard bump or a loose terrain to confuse it into rebooting.

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
Why hasn’t anyone suggested turning the nannies off in the tune? Mine are turned off, no error codes, etc....you just need to be mindful that they are off while street driving. They are turned off in both my Mustang GT w/m82 and my F150 w/10sp auto and both are much more fun to drive and seem a bit more responsive.

Rocwandrer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Its rare, but it can happen. I’ve got a few hundred autox runs and lots of track sessions and its like 1 in 20 times (or less) it will error out (you get a dash message) and reboot a few seconds later to the default mode. Just because you haven’t personally seen it yet doesn’t mean it can’t happen. It usually takes a hard bump or a loose terrain to confuse it into rebooting.
There is a spot on our local airfield venue that regularly causes the stability control to turn back on. It is an undulation in the concrete, that, if it happens to be mid sweeper in 3rd gear, causes the rear of the car to hop sideways 6" or so (it doesn't leave the ground or anything, just slides a hair.) Courses are often designed so they happen to run over it. I tighten my apex line a little in advance of it, hit it WOT and countersteer as the front comes over it, and dial back as the rear settles down. It seems like the fastest way to deal with it. Maybe 1 out of 3 times, "ding" and the rest of the run is ruined.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I had mine freak out on me after being turned all the way off (held for 5+ seconds till Advancetrac off warning comes up). This was the second time it's done this since owning the car, and definitely disrupts the run a bit. I turn it off always, though.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Back from the dead.

So... I did a little bit of experimenting.
My Solo2DL will record steering angle. I noticed this morning that it wasn't noting steering angle as it was a few days ago.
The only difference was I pulled the dyno plug which disables advancetrac and traction control.
When I plugged it back in, the steering angle returned.
So apparently, the advancetrac takes into account the steering angle (which makes sense).
I've heard from another member (I'll let him chime in) that 4 wheel ABS system uses steering angle as a reference too.
Question is: Though it doesn't seem like pulling the plug affects ABS, if in fact the ABS system relies on steering angle, how can it not be affected?
Discuss
Sponsored