Service Advance Trac + ABS warning lights

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I replaced a confirmed bad battery (tested on AutoZone’s load tester) under warranty yesterday after chasing around what I presumed was related to not being able to access my line lock feature which was grayed out. After replacing the battery, I had the Service Advance Trac and ABS warning lights pop up on the dash.

I haven’t driven the car since replacing the battery (only started it). I tried disconnecting the battery to see if I could clear the lights, but they’re still there. I researched Service Advance Trac and ABS warning lights and noticed that many people with this issue have traced it to bad wheel speed sensors or ABS tone rings.

This made me take a look at mine. I found that both rear ABS rings were oily and grimy with brake dust and dirt (Likely impeding the signal that the PCM needs to see). I removed both rear sensors and cleaned them, along with the ABS rings and reinstalled the sensors. Next, I moved to the front wheel speed sensors and found the left front to have a couple drops of what looked to be black oil on it. I cleaned those as well and reinstalled them.

I’m assuming next, a road test is needed to allow the wheel speed sensors to take readings from the ABS rings and talk to the PCM. If the PCM is satisfied, it will reset and clear the lights. Can anyone tell me if this makes sense?

Here are pics of what the wheel speed sensors and rear ABS rings looked like prior to cleaning them. The puddle of dirt on the ground is all of the grime that came off of the ABS rings after spraying them down with brake and parts cleaner. They will now be included as regular maintenance items.

IMG_6316.jpeg

IMG_6311.jpeg

IMG_6321.jpeg

IMG_6320.jpeg

IMG_6318.jpeg

IMG_6314.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I haven’t driven the car since replacing the battery (only started it)...

I’m assuming next, a road test is needed to allow the wheel speed sensors to take readings from the ABS rings and talk to the PCM. If the PCM is satisfied, it will reset and clear the lights. Can anyone tell me if this makes sense?

Interesting. Please re-post after your road test.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I drove the car about 30 miles yesterday and the Service Advance Trac and ABS lights have cleared. The line lock feature is still grayed out in Trac Apps though.

GrayMater22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium
I drove the car about 30 miles yesterday and the Service Advance Trac and ABS lights have cleared. The line lock feature is still grayed out in Trac Apps though.
Do you have lane assist? If lane assist is on, it will lock you out of most track apps.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Do you have lane assist? If lane assist is on, it will lock you out of most track apps.
Yes I do. I’ll give that a shot and see what happens. Thank you for that tip.
Sponsored