Sponsored

Service Advancetrac, lights and steering HELP

Pauliejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I was driving home from work yesterday and out of no where my abs, airbag light, traction control light, stability control light, and service Advancetrac warning came on, and shortly after I loose my power steering aka electric steering......

I’ve ready Advancetrac issue and no one seems to have an answer.

However I don’t think I’ve seen the issue with ALL of these lights and the steering.

If I turn the car off. Start it up again and slowly start rolling, everything clears out and seems fine. Then I start to drive and everything comes back.

If I start to slowly drive in first gear and gradually start I increase speed very slowly I feel the car almost struggling and it feels/ jumps as if it is bogging down/ being pulled back. If I give it hard gas/ normal acceleration the light come back up right away.

The steering gets very hard very shortly after this.

HERES THE BEST PART

All of the ford dealers in my area have a 1 1/2 - 2 week wait for service :|

Any help is greatly appreciated as my cat is my DD
Sponsored

Nonsequitur

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Euro Spec - 2014 Focus ST with EFR7163
Look for loose ground wires starting with the ones near your battery. Make sure all the ground wires are secured and have a good connection. I had a friend's car with the same problem and it turned out to be a ground wire near the passenger side shock tower that wasn't grounded properly. Hope this helps!

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
Look for loose ground wires starting with the ones near your battery. Make sure all the ground wires are secured and have a good connection. Hope this helps!
Yes - this. Also...

Re&re the battery terminal (reboot the car). Also...

Please post a follow-up as soon as you discover something.

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the Jms pedal max installed for the throttle

OP
OP

Pauliejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Why all, so the problem is still present I just got home from work.

Just as an insite. Within the last 5 month I have changed the front shocks and the springs with koni yellows about a month ago. Exhaust was done 5 months ago? And I had a cai installed about 5 months ago. I also swapped my head unit about a month ago as well.

Just some insite as to maybe something that could have been loosened in an install?

Car has been fine until yesterday. Also I’ve definitely notice that if I start the car and move slow and it resets. It’s defenitely being triggered once the car starts moving and the brakes are definitely bro g Engadged

Sponsored

OP
OP

Pauliejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Yes - this. Also...

Re&re the battery terminal (reboot the car). Also...

Please post a follow-up as soon as you discover something.
I have rebooted the battery a few times. Any idea on some spots to look for a bad ground? Anything specific I should look at that may come loose or something I could have loosened after an install?

I was going to start swapping abs sensors.

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you have the pedal max installed it can go bad and cause those problems Mine went bad and my car would freak out similar to your and go into limp mode

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
It's unlikely that the installation process for the mods you listed could have led to this. I'd suggest you not tinker with the ABS components; your issue seems more straightforward. Follow the advice provided by user Nonsequitur. You should probably remove the CAI and see if there are any grounding issues lurking beneath. (And by "remove" I don't mean return to stock; I mean lift it out so you can see. When you've policed the area you can put it back.)

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a tune if try returning to stock and reload the tune

OP
OP

Pauliejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Do you have a tune if try returning to stock and reload the tune
I do have a dyno tune loaded on my Sct.

I actually reloaded that tune yesterday. Is there a difference if I load the stock tune first then reload? Not sure if that will make a difference.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Pauliejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
It's unlikely that the installation process for the mods you listed could have led to this. I'd suggest you not tinker with the ABS components; your issue seems more straightforward. Follow the advice provided by user Nonsequitur. You should probably remove the CAI and see if there are any grounding issues lurking beneath. (And by "remove" I don't mean return to stock; I mean lift it out so you can see. When you've policed the area you can put it back.)
Thank you I will check whatever ground bolt I can find. I’m guessing it would have to be a bad ground ( if it’s the issue) that is related to a module or something in that system. A bad ground or shorted ground on my head unit or radar/laser shifter install should affect this.

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I do have a dyno tune loaded on my Sct.

I actually reloaded that tune yesterday. Is there a difference if I load the stock tune first then reload? Not sure if that will make a difference.

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you I will check whatever ground bolt I can find. I’m guessing it would have to be a bad ground ( if it’s the issue) that is related to a module or something in that system. A bad ground or shorted ground on my head unit or radar/laser shifter install should affect this.
You should have the stock tune on your SCT return your car to stock then reload the tune that you use for your car. It's worth a shot it happens.

OP
OP

Pauliejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Let me clarify. I didn’t just load it yesterday causing the issue. I reloaded it as a fix option. But I just reloaded it. I didn’t return to stock first.

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would have reloaded it to stock so everything is back to ground zero as in all settings. Then reload the tune I had problems with bama tune and I did that and everything was back to normal.
Sponsored