Sponsored

Seriousy Ford Service cant even tighten an oil filter....

DeLorean17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Do what I do, leave your old-oil-filled jugs in front of the Autozone door at night. Then you don't have to wait 5 hours for the usual no-nothing scrub to pay attention to you when you go there. Or just walk in, walk to the back, drop the jugs off, and leave. I have done that numerous times and NOBODY takes mind of me walking to the back. It's hilarious...
Advance Auto makes us take our jugs back with us, but yeah, you can just walk to the back and dump it and walk out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chris796

Chris796

Ford CFO
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
10-14 update:

Service advisor is saying it'll need a new long block. Dealership refused to give me a loaner until they talked to Ford and got approval from them and they said that won't be until Monday afternoon. And of course none of the managers that can make any decisions are there at 230 on a Saturday. Very upset at the customer service over at Berge Ford. Will be calling Ford first thing Monday morning

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
At least you didn't have to drive a screwdriver through the filter. I had a filter/oil change done at a Dodge dealer for my Durango. I tried to change the oil/filter the next spring myself. The filter wrench would not grip hard enough to untwist the filter. I ended up driving a long handled screwdriver through the center of the filter. Eventually the filter came loose. Since then I try to change the oil/filter myself...if you wanted it done correctly, do it yourself.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Sorry to hear about that but not surprised it happened.

I know its tempting to get a "free" anything or the opposite side of that coin: to get what you already paid for because it was built into the price of the car.

But using a dealer for anything is a lot like not hitting your brakes or turning your steering wheel when someone is about to hit you because you have insurance. Yeah, it might not cost you money (then again it probably will) BUT it sure will play hell with your stress levels, schedules, plans, aggravation, etc..

I won't even use them for warranty repairs if the parts are cheap and I have the tools.

Sponsored

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
Looks like another genius Ford employee was ' texting and mechanicing ' again. L

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
wow that sucks, when my free oil change came from my dealer i just threw it away. hopefully it works out

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
I get the oil change certificate also. It's a $30 value. I told them to give me the oil and filter and I'll do it myself. That didn't work.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Man that sucks replacing a motor in a new car. That will also show up in carfax and it will hurt the value of the car.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Chris796

Chris796

Ford CFO
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
Man that sucks replacing a motor in a new car. That will also show up in carfax and it will hurt the value of the car.
Hence why I am trying to get them to buy it back and get me into something else. Even had one of their salesmen tell me ''You don't want to see my appraisal if it has to have an engine replaced''

Ford Warranty authorized them to start tearing into the engine to figure out what happened. Dealer is saying there is noooo way their tech didn't put the oil filter gasket on, and Ford Warranty is saying there is no way the oil pump piston stuck to get to high enough pressure to blow out the oil filter gasket without causing other damage. So now it's a battle between them on who is paying for it.

At this point I just need to know who will be buying the car back, because I no longer want it. :frusty: :(

So far my local Ford rep has still not returned my calls but everyone over at Ford Corporate has been great when I called, the people over at Berge Ford have been less than helpful and quite unpleasant to deal with. Waiting to speak with their GM...

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
What are they saying? The oil filter gasket wasn't put on? It's integrated with the filter isn't it?

OP
OP
Chris796

Chris796

Ford CFO
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
What are they saying? The oil filter gasket wasn't put on? It's integrated with the filter isn't it?
It is not, apparently they come off pretty easily.

The dealership is saying that the oil pump failed causing excessive pressure and that blew out the oil filter gasket.

Ford on the other hand is saying that's not likely and they are thinking it is much more likely the tech left the gasket off by mistake.

They pulled the engine out today and Ford is requesting that they send the oil pump back for them to diagnose what happened. Replacement engine is on the way.