Calif-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange (1 of 480)
Vehicle Showcase
Recaro vs Sport seats really have nothing to do with driving your car to its limits.
It’s all about driving to YOUR limits. Hell there are very few here on this forum that truly drive these cars to the car’s limits.

Besides the seats make little difference to limits. It’s all about the Rain Tray. Remove that bad boy and then you are driving at the limits, lol:cwl:
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Recaro vs Sport seats really have nothing to do with driving your car to its limits.
It’s all about driving to YOUR limits. Hell there are very few here on this forum that truly drive these cars to the car’s limits.

Besides the seats make little difference to limits. It’s all about the Rain Tray. Remove that bad boy and then you are driving at the limits, lol:cwl:
I would like to add just how important it is to get your ice cream home before it melts. This is the best grocery getter I have ever owned. I’m glad I got the Recaro seats, otherwise mushy ice cream for me……….

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

I’ve had my rain tray out for a few months so I must be Mario Andretti by now lol

OP
OP
JR369

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I would like to add just how important it is to get your ice cream home before it melts. This is the best grocery getter I have ever owned. I’m glad I got the Recaro seats, otherwise mushy ice cream for me……….
If you got the ventilated seats your ice cream would last longer in TX. 😀

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I’m laughing and scratching my head at the same time reading all those comments about getting the Recaro if you track your car…that’s complete nonsense…
The Recaro are no race seats but rather seats designed to make the uninformed believe that you’re a racer….
When was the last time you saw a race/track seat with NO provision to mount a 5/6 pts harness??
…Seriously????

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I’m laughing and scratching my head at the same time reading all those comments about getting the Recaro if you track your car…that’s complete nonsense…
The Recaro are no race seats but rather seats designed to make the uninformed believe that you’re a racer….
When was the last time you saw a race/track seat with NO provision to mount a 5/6 pts harness??
…Seriously????
Well there’s different levels of racers. It’s a not a turn-key race car but a good starting platform should you want to make one. Any serious racer who doesn’t daily drive the car would strip the interior and put in a CF bucket and full roll cage. @Goose17 races his car a lot but also gets it out on the road.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
…Seriously????
I had a race seat in one of my cars, and it is much better for use on the track. But terrible for off-track use. Sold it.
The Recaro’s are much better than the couch seat on the track. Whatever helps keep your butt planted is better and less exhausting.
I do wish Ford would put a ASM belt slot in their Recaro’s.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Regardless if you race or just open track, the purpose of a racing harness and seat, beside obviously safety, is to hold you place
You can’t correctly drive a car on a racetrack if you are bracing yourself against the door or console
Simple as that

Last edited:

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I had a race seat in one of my cars, and it is much better for use on the track. But terrible for off-track use. Sold it.
The Recaro’s are much better than the couch seat on the track. Whatever helps keep your butt planted is better and less exhausting.
I do wish Ford would put a ASM belt slot in their Recaro’s.
I’m lucky that I don’t daily my car so the race seat stay in all the time
I have some friends for which their cars serve a dual purpose and therefore they simply switch seat forth an back
4 bolts and about 10 minutes

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Well there’s different levels of racers. It’s a not a turn-key race car but a good starting platform should you want to make one. Any serious racer who doesn’t daily drive the car would strip the interior and put in a CF bucket and full roll cage. @Goose17 races his car a lot but also gets it out on the road.
I think the track attack was his intro not too long ago.

Sponsored

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
The GT500 is a turn-key race car. The base is no slouch on the track and the CFTP dials it up to 11. Yes, you can do mods to tweak it, but it’s badass right out of the box. The base seats will leave you tired after a day at the track… you’ll spend the day with your left knee pressed against the door and your right against the center console. You’ll also have a death grip on the wheel to help keep you planted in the seat.

The Recaros reduce this workload, but not eliminate it. Maybe if you had some serious junk in the trunk… you know like if you heard “Oh my god Becky…” the Racaros would lock you down better. As a middleweight, I found myself bracing in the Recaros as well. This led me down the roll bar/harness setup that I installed. I race much more relaxed now.

A trick for those without harnesses… pull the seatbelt all the way out, let it go all the way in (pull it in tightly against your body) and then give it a quick jerk. It will lock and hold you against the seat better.

Twenty4/7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2021 RR GT500
I have driven mine at 196mph in comfort seats, how fast have you been? lol
Did 1.3 + g’s in the leather seats. It was serious battering every time. Like goose said the recaros aren’t perfect but they are a big step up. They sell seat belt locks to help without having a harness to respond to the other comment about harnesses holding you (this is very important yes)

the gt500 isn’t my race car. It’s a street car you can do racing in. My race car has a carbon seat. Not interested in a race seat in the gt500 that I drive around on the street 98% of the time. This doesn’t change the fact that the heated and cooled seats don’t belong in a car at that level of performance.

Attachments

Twenty4/7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2021 RR GT500
I think it’s great the GT500 has cooled/heated seats as do some other uph cars, luv that there’s an option for them or the Recaros.
Have you seen how the base leather seats look in other 100k dollar performance cars? You can have comfort and features while providing at least some support.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
The GT500 is not a Gran Turismo car. It’s a muscle car. You want power and luxury you need to be looking at cars with M or AMG on the trunk lids.
Sponsored