Calif-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange (1 of 480)
Vehicle Showcase
I have base seats, very comfy, great for road trips though I do not find myself using either the heated or cooling functions that often where I live. The remote start can really mitigate the need for either. Someone mentioned back-pain, that’s a great point.

The irony is that if you search around a bit you'll find that the Recaros save you very little weight (less than 10lbs I believe) over the base seats, the benefit is more in the support and aesthetic.

I would go base, and buy a single aftermarket race seat for the rare track days.

Not a bad idea or even find a single used Recaro out of a GT500/350/Boss. I wonder how long the swap would take? My wife hated the Recaro passenger seat in my Boss. It sat very low for her, and she had trouble seeing over the dash. lol
Sponsored

clg82

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Save a shitload of money and by a similarly capable ZL1 with Recaros and get the heated and ventilated seats standard.

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250

Calif-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Save a shitload of money and by a similarly capable ZL1 with Recaros and get the heated and ventilated seats standard.

Maybe . . . But when you have a shitload of money you can spend it on whatever you like. 😎
- In before a YouTube video link
- In before a chart or HP list
- In before a "Shoot out" article
- In before "My brother's this is faster than my cousin's that"

OP
OP
JR369

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I do appreciate the attempt with this info but that ain't gonna happen.

Sponsored

Ashpian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I specifically wanted the Recaoro seats and have no regrets. Had the H/C seats in 2 out of my last 3 Mustangs and barely used them. Besides that, the Recaro seats are unique to the 500 and look awesome. You also get the suede seats in the back which look great as well.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I specifically wanted the Recaoro seats and have no regrets. Had the H/C seats in 2 out of my last 3 Mustangs and barely used them. Besides that, the Recaro seats are unique to the 500 and look awesome. You also get the suede seats in the back which look great as well.
I love the seats. I wish they had them in full leather. No Alcantara.

kcobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500, Base w/tech, black roof, vinyl stripes
Go with the standard heated/cooled seats. Recaro's look better and that is it. Maybe if they were all leather, like in the 14's, you would have a bit of sliding or looseness per say. Being alcantara, along with super tight fitting, it's like Velcro. Great for race day, but not to comfortable. I am a slim dude, small frame, 190 lbs, and the Recaro's were a no go.
Iconic is gorgeous with black stripes and black roof. I am partial because that is what mine is.

clg82

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Maybe . . . But when you have a shitload of money you can spend it on whatever you like. 😎
- In before a YouTube video link
- In before a chart or HP list
- In before a "Shoot out" article
- In before "My brother's this is faster than my cousin's that"
You know MOST on here don't have this "shitload" of money you speak of so they finance for 8 years lol and just an FYI i paid cash for my 500 so don't point fingers this way lol i'd never finance a GT500 or any car for that matter with how they depreciate.

Calif-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You know MOST on here don't have this "shitload" of money you speak of so they finance for 8 years lol and just an FYI i paid cash for my 500 so don't point fingers this way lol i'd never finance a GT500 or any car for that matter with how they depreciate.
I didn't point any fingers. The OP asked a question about which color and which seats are best for a GT500 and your response was "Save a shitload of money and by a similarly capable ZL1". I think if he was interested in a Camaro he would be in a Camaro forum asking about it.

As for "MOST on here finance", I think you are speculating. There is no difference in the depreciation rate based on financing or paying cash. It depreciates (or appreciates) the same amount. Some may chose to pay cash because that's how they roll. Others can chose to finance and keep their money in some other investment. Heck if you take $125K and pay cash you no longer have the $125K to invest. If you finance the car at say 3% (excellent credit) you could invest the $125K in the market and get a return ~9% . So you could actually make money by financing the car.

Different strokes for different folks. The only bad decision is getting the ZL1 over the GT500. lol

Sponsored

clg82

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
I didn't point any fingers. The OP asked a question about which color and which seats are best for a GT500 and your response was "Save a shitload of money and by a similarly capable ZL1". I think if he was interested in a Camaro he would be in a Camaro forum asking about it.

As for "MOST on here finance", I think you are speculating. There is no difference in the depreciation rate based on financing or paying cash. It depreciates (or appreciates) the same amount. Some may chose to pay cash because that's how they roll. Others can chose to finance and keep their money in some other investment. Heck if you take $125K and pay cash you no longer have the $125K to invest. If you finance the car at say 3% (excellent credit) you could invest the $125K in the market and get a return ~9% . So you could actually make money by financing the car.

Different strokes for different folks. The only bad decision is getting the ZL1 over the GT500. lol
LoL all great points until you get to your last sentence.....you can save even MORE money by going the ZL1 route, he gets what he wants at a much cheaper price and can still save a boat load (depending on markup) of cash by going with the Chevy rather than the Furd.... you're very smart it seems when it comes to finances, then you put on your blue oval glasses and you go crazy haha

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
LoL all great points until you get to your last sentence.....you can save even MORE money by going the ZL1 route, he gets what he wants at a much cheaper price and can still save a boat load (depending on markup) of cash by going with the Chevy rather than the Furd.... you're very smart it seems when it comes to finances, then you put on your blue oval glasses and you go crazy haha
Oh I see you lost your way again. I can only help so much.
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155

Calif-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's all good @clg82. I actually looked at the Camaro before I bought my GT500. The Camaro was just not for me. Besides being a girls car (sorry I couldn't resist lol) the short windows made me feel cramped and it was hard to see out of both the drivers window and the rear window. It just felt a bit claustrophobic to me.

The ZL1 is a great car for sure (I have a buddy that has a blue one) but just not for me. It seems like we fall into either Dodge boys, Bow Tie boys, or Pony boys, and we do love our cars in those groups. Each of them having pros and cons, and there is no perfect car, only what's perfect for you.

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I have the Carbonized Grey with the painted Ebony stripes and black roof like the vehicle pictured above. I also have the H/C seats and I love them. I had recaro's in my GT350, and I did not mind them, but my girl hated them. I will admit these are much more comfy.
Sponsored