corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I don't know, the more I drive this thing, the more I like the poke (and, I'm 56).

full.jpg
I'm OK with a little poke relative to the sheetmetal, as long as it's because of wide wheels that are already using up all or most of the available inboard clearance. I think we're both looking at it as hinting at the car's cornering credibility.

The front tire and wheel clearances to the struts for my "track set" are tighter than 0.050".
285/35's on 18x11's . . . I know that's not everybody else's cup of tea either.

IMG_2065.JPG

The '66 in the background is sitting on an axle from a much wider car just to hold it up off the floor. Car was sold since the picture was taken, wrong-car axle and all.

Norm

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'm technically several years from being a senior at the ripe old age of 50, but one mod I cannot stand are the tacked-on widebody kits. Ugh. That stuff only looks good on Jeeps.

If you're going to do it, do it right with metal flares and all the bodywork that goes with it.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I'm OK with a little poke relative to the sheetmetal, as long as it's because of wide wheels that are already using up all or most of the available inboard clearance. I think we're both looking at it as hinting at the car's cornering credibility.

Norm
Exactly. I knew the limits of my GTO well and felt very comfortable driving at those limits. This thing is scary to get to the limits. 8K miles behind the wheel, and I still don't feel comfortable taking it to the limit. And, that's not even on the SC2's. The wide stance on some decent 305 summer tires with the Magneride set on track is amazing for a factory stock 3800 lb coupe. Every time I think I'm pushing it, it just feels so planted and wanting more.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Exactly. I knew the limits of my GTO well and felt very comfortable driving at those limits. This thing is scary to get to the limits. 8K miles behind the wheel, and I still don't feel comfortable taking it to the limit. And, that's not even on the SC2's. The wide stance on some decent 305 summer tires with the Magneride set on track is amazing for a factory stock 3800 lb coupe. Every time I think I'm pushing it, it just feels so planted and wanting more.
Just to maintain a tiny scrap of relevance to the topic, there's a "mod" that you probably should do for that . . . the "driver mod". Just based on its specs, your car should be feeling far more stuck down, for far longer/higher lateral g's, than what your experience to date has led you to expect. Basically, you're expecting the car's handling crispness to progressively soften faster and sooner than it's ready to. Track days, or at least autocross, beckon . . .

Norm

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Just to maintain a tiny scrap of relevance to the topic, there's a "mod" that you probably should do for that . . . the "driver mod". Just based on its specs, your car should be feeling far more stuck down, for far longer/higher lateral g's, than what your experience to date has led you to expect. Basically, you're expecting the car's handling crispness to progressively soften faster and sooner than it's ready to. Track days, or at least autocross, beckon . . .

Norm
I get that. I'm just not sure where to buy a bigger set of balls. :cwl:

I've had it on the track once at HPT. But, there's a lot of concrete there, not necessarily the type of place you want to test the limits. There's a track about 2 hours north of me just south of Omaha. Really flat with tons of grassy runoffs. I want to get up there, but it's been under water this year from all the flooding.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
You can bag a car and not set it at a stupid ride height. Some of you 'seniors' might actually enjoy the Cadillac-like ride quality..
I understand the first.

But if softish ride quality was something I wanted (at 71, it's still not), I hope by now I'd have recognized it from the get-go, where neither the Mustang nor any of its competitors would make the short list of new-car candidates.

I don't think I could own a Mustang - or for that matter, any car - solely for its image or appearance.

Norm

Hidalgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, Premium, Magnetic, Int. Midnight Blue, 401A Pkge, 10Sp. AT, Smart & Safe Pkge, Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Shaker Pro, 20" Alum wheels; 2015 BMW M235i, Vert, Twin Turbo, JB4; BMW 2017 X5, M Sports Pkge
No Senior's here.
Anyone who owns a Mustang has Youth in their Mind and Heart.
Mod away if you like, it's your ride, you have to look at it, and drive it.
I'm not a fan of the fake stuff.
You have a GT, but put 350, or 500 stickers on it.
Supercharged, wh
18qfrfszniutxjpg.jpg
en you are not.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase

Got any pictures?

OP
OP
MidwayJ

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I don't mind stripes, spoilers, or even side scoops. But I think the Mustang looks really good as is, so I would never do one of those big hoods or an over the top wing.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
These all look like mods no normal human being should be allowed to do let alone seniors. Also might I suggest a "Senior" section to this forum we can even call it the Retirement Home.