Senior S550 Owners Like Black Wheels?

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
I’m in my 50’s and my near-50 wife lobbied for black wheels else I likely would have got silver. The black helps complete the mid-life-crisis thing. I don’t mind them.

I know what would complete the mid life crisis thing, a near 20 something wife...
Sponsored

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
My black PP1 wheels show the brown Brembo brake dust quite well.

FWIW I'm almost 60 and I like black wheels. I really like the way they look on my Ruby GT, but a shiny machined rim would be an improvement.
I use Bead Maker on my wheels and the brake dust comes off 10x easier than before.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 50 and I prefer black wheels just not any of the ones that come on Mustang GT's.

1darkhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
OK, so there is no separate senior folder yet (and maybe there will never be), but this question is targeted at 50 and up owners. Do you like black wheels? It's fairly obvious they are more popular with the younger crowd.

I did not like them at all when they first became prevalent, but they have grown on me somewhat on cars in certain colors. (Mean look with magnetic.) Even so, I would only consider gloss black because you know when they're clean. Also, mesh style or any intricate spoke pattern seems pointless since it's difficult to see except up close. Black PP1 wheels come to mind. In most cases a charcoal or graphite will show the spoke pattern much better while still giving a darker look.

What do you think of them? :)
Loving it! Black on Black
806FF2E1-0556-43F9-9CFC-9693071EA515.jpeg

Sponsored

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I heard Cragar S/S!

I'm also 50+ and kept saying I am old school, which means I like shiny chrome rims and shiny metallic paint! Then, I bought the Shelby and, well, if I'm going modern muscle, that includes muted paint and black rims. Now, I like it, at least on this car. Old cars get old style, new ones get new style.

Also, when the cars had chrome bumpers and trim, it was a no-brainer that the rims were chrome. My GT350 has black stripes and so much black accent work, that it looks good with black rims.

20150808_154226.jpg
IMG_20190317_113917.jpg

oncewas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'm 69 and I peronally love the black pp1 wheels on my GT I'm also getting the 5.0, the GT and the pony in black and finally getting rid of all the cheap looking chrome.
first look.jpg

GregP27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2007 Nissan Titan; 2010 Hyundai Veracruz; 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP1
Personally, DrGrabster, I would never have connected Black Wheels and Brussel Sprouts ... but, now that you mention it, I can see they might be related ... :-)

Then again, I have been drinking awhile ...

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Personally, DrGrabster, I would never have connected Black Wheels and Brussel Sprouts ... but, now that you mention it, I can see they might be related ... :-)

Then again, I have been drinking awhile ...
I don't think I can drink enough to make that connection! ;)
But back on topic I didn't care for the black PP1 wheels but they looked stronger than the silver option. I will probably have them painted or such when I need new tires (about 3 years at my current mileage rate).

PVAMT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Deep impact blue / silver stripes, red pinstripes
Vehicle Showcase
Not a fan. That’s why I sought out the silver pp wheels.

OK, so there is no separate senior folder yet (and maybe there will never be), but this question is targeted at 50 and up owners. Do you like black wheels? It's fairly obvious they are more popular with the younger crowd.

I did not like them at all when they first became prevalent, but they have grown on me somewhat on cars in certain colors. (Mean look with magnetic.) Even so, I would only consider gloss black because you know when they're clean. Also, mesh style or any intricate spoke pattern seems pointless since it's difficult to see except up close. Black PP1 wheels come to mind. In most cases a charcoal or graphite will show the spoke pattern much better while still giving a darker look.

What do you think of them? :)

Sponsored

local driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS
I'm 66 and I think black wheels look OK with some colors: orange, yellow, white, black, and light silver.

They look bad on dark grey (like magnetic), and any shade of red or blue. These colors should have painted or polished aluminum wheels.

But there's no accounting for taste, so do as you will.

hws52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I'm 67 and absolutely HATE black wheels. When I ordered my 2018 GT PP, I paid more to ditch the black wheels for these ones. I love the look.
IMG_0198.JPG
Love your wheels. They weren't available yet when I bought my "18 GT and I didn't want a staggered setup. I was going to order the black front PP gloss wheels from Ford Performance but not available. I then found the wheels on your car wholesale and I love them. I'm 67 and old school although the gloss black do look good on certain colors but not for me.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Black on Race Red..........

47955101673_0ac7d6297b_b.jpg

But now I am having second thoughts, chrome or go home..........

IMG_0240_zpsqj7lhbge.jpg

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
I like the black wheels after having chrome on the last car. spent a lot of time keeping them clean, these not so much. 65 here
Sponsored