Sponsored

Second Track Day Video - MSR Houston

raidernixon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 & 16 GT; 20 GT500 CFTP; 21 Mach 1
We got the Mach 1 and 2016 GT (with a fresh, 500 mile old clutch) out to the track again this weekend at MSR Houston. This time I was armed with a GoPro Camera that lasted more than 2 minutes and captured more than just a cool down lap! The car is in track mode for this session. I apologize in advance for the audio clipping...I ran a mic outside the vehicle like I have done with the 2016 GT in the past, and came to find that the track mode exhaust on the Mach 1 completely overwhelms the mic under wide open throttle which was not the case for the 2016 GT with Ford Racing/Borla exhaust. So it seems this is a considerably louder car and I will need a different mic setup or position.

The car is still 99% stock, with the exception of Hawk HP racing brake pads and Castrol SRF brake fluid. It got an additional 300 miles of track time this weekend for a total of 800 miles on the car, nearly 500 of which are track time. Knock on wood, so far no problems concerning "break in".

Some stats - I am still getting about 6 MPG on the track (24 MPG on the highway!). The PS4S tires held great. No issues with the vehicle itself. The rev "limiter" is still displayed as 4,000 RPM, but I suspect this will go away after 1,000 miles. Overall, I feel like the car still has a lot more to give than what is shown in my video if a professional driver were to take the wheel.

Enjoy! (again, I apologize for the audio, but you can still catch some hints of the engine note)

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Using the car for what it was built for!!!! Thank you for posting so the rest of still waiting for our builds have something to help us pass the time!

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Looks like a great car and a lot of fun. So, my question is as a NYC person, where's the nearest track and what does time on the track cost?

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Almost felt like I was in the car myself when watching the video. Looks like it handles the corners really well.

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Looks like it corners really flat. NIce!
What does the front tire wear look like? Wondering if the front tires are rolling over a bit as most street alignments don't have much negative camber?
Do you know what the front alignment numbers are (camber and toe)?

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Looks like a great car and a lot of fun. So, my question is as a NYC person, where's the nearest track and what does time on the track cost?
there's the famous Watkins Glen Waceway depending on where you are in NY. And time on the track cost ($300+ depending on the organizer) plus everything needed like helmet and brake fluid/pads. You can check the track calendar to see HPDE events or big clubs like Chin Track Days, NASA, or SCCA. Theres other clubs depending on area.

Last edited:

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
there's the famous Watkins Glen Waceway depending on where you are in NY. And time on the track cost ($300+ depending on the organizer) plus everything needed like helmet and brake fluid/pads. You can check the track calendar to see HPDE events or big clubs like Chin Track Days, NASA, or SCCA. Theres other clubs depending on area.
A bit of a drive... but that's what a nice car is for. Thanks for that. I live about 16 miles East of Manhattan.

OP
OP
raidernixon

raidernixon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 & 16 GT; 20 GT500 CFTP; 21 Mach 1
Looks like it corners really flat. NIce!
What does the front tire wear look like? Wondering if the front tires are rolling over a bit as most street alignments don't have much negative camber?
Do you know what the front alignment numbers are (camber and toe)?
Apologies for the delay - I've been out of town for the past week.

The car does corner really flat; however, your assumption is correct concerning the front tires rolling a bit. Here are a few photos of the front driver side tire right after the event:
driver front.jpg

driver front 2.jpg

driver front 3.jpg

I was running the tires at about 30 cold PSI and right after each run they were between 38 and 40 PSI. I did a very rough camber measurement and it seems each side is nearly -1.2 degrees. I do not have a toe measurement at the moment.

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, if anyone intends to track their Mach 1, adjustable camber plates/the handling package is the way to go. I ordered a set of Vorshalg camber plates over the weekend and am looking forward to seeing how the car responds.

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
If you start at 26-28 PSI cold you should end up around 35-36 hot which should be ballpark. 38-40 PSI hot I suspect the tires are getting a bit "greasy."
You are right, you need more negative camber, probably something closer to -2.5 would be close.

Will be really interested to hear your experience with the Vorschlag camber plates. They are really top quality and should easily get you enough neg camber.

Last edited:

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
A bit of a drive... but that's what a nice car is for. Thanks for that. I live about 16 miles East of Manhattan.
Limerock Race Park in Lakeville, CT. Hutchinson River Parkway to 684 and head up 22. It has a decibel level restriction. Check the web site for events, start with a Time Trial event. It's not wheel to wheel with other cars.

Last edited:

Grey-Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Take a look in your shift tones/light. You can change it to whatever you want up to 7200. I was thinking the same-that it was some sort of an engine protector. 4000 is just the default rpm in the shift light/tone. But probably a good idea to keep at that if you’re trying to break it in. I was able to change mine at a little over 500 miles.
Sponsored