BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
^^^This! the Scat Packs look really nice and perform from what I hear but I think the Stang looks better IMO, guess it's a matter of preference at the end of the day...
Sponsored

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
i'd like to know what sedans are in the 40k price range and also has 485hp. i like having options.
Not much, you are left with an sti which has less hp. Or tons of unreliable euros.
I never said they would have the same power lol. You may end up getting a '14 model too, or even a gently used '13. Just depends on your preference. My buddy is picking up an Audi S4 with 20k miles for $38k. It's a 2013. Plenty of warranty left too. My point is, there ARE other options out there if you look hard enough.

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
My last car was a 07 Sublime Daytona Charger.....bought it brand new off the lot and owned it for 8 years until 5 weeks ago when I got the stang. Only mechanical issues I had with it was replacing the radiator / cooling tank, replacing an AC door shutter, and it was about to need new front tie rods. I obviosly needed to do the regular stuff like new brake pads / rotors, battery, etc. Not bad for an 8yr old car I abused and had 24" wheels on. I was ABOUT to get another charger, but the body lines on the stang blow it away

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I never said they would have the same power lol. You may end up getting a '14 model too, or even a gently used '13. Just depends on your preference. My buddy is picking up an Audi S4 with 20k miles for $38k. It's a 2013. Plenty of warranty left too. My point is, there ARE other options out there if you look hard enough.
Don't group me in with that, I was just telling him his options. :D

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
ok, that's what i figured. i've owned used german cars in the past, and no i will not be going that route ever again.

if you asked me 5 years ago if i would ever own a ford, or any domestic vehicle, the answer would've been hell no. but things change, and the domestics have been stepping up. and here i am with a ford.

i'd love for the wife to get behind the wheel of a charger scat pack, but i don't think she'd be into it. she'd prob just get another econobox lease.

Sponsored

Supa LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok, that's what i figured. i've owned used german cars in the past, and no i will not be going that route ever again.

if you asked me 5 years ago if i would ever own a ford, or any domestic vehicle, the answer would've been hell no. but things change, and the domestics have been stepping up. and here i am with a ford.

i'd love for the wife to get behind the wheel of a charger scat pack, but i don't think she'd be into it. she'd prob just get another econobox lease.
Hence the warranty. I'd never buy a used Euro car without a warranty either. I'd quickly sell once it came time for said warranty to expire, also. The newer stuff has gotten a lot better tho. Just like Ford and some of the other domestics. Personal preference tho. I'd rock a S4 under warranty, all damn day.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
No euros have gotten worse supa. Way worse. Stuff from 25 years ago was decently reliable. This stuff we have now looks nice but is junk. Only way to own a euro is lease if someone has to have one.

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
I liked chargers about 6 years ago, when I was in HS...back when I had bad taste in cars.

Supa LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No euros have gotten worse supa. Way worse. Stuff from 25 years ago was decently reliable. This stuff we have now looks nice but is junk.
The early to mid 2000s models were/are garbage, sure. The new, new stuff has been improved what I've seen and heard. As in the latest models. I'm not a mechanic tho. Either way, is a Dodge going to be super reliable? I'd still never own one. Like I said earlier tho, everyone has their own preferences. Which is why the OP should make his OWN decision lol.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
The early to mid 2000s models were/are garbage, sure. The new, new stuff has been improved what I've seen and heard. As in the latest models. I'm not a mechanic tho. Either way, is a Dodge going to be super reliable? I'd still never own one. Like I said earlier tho, everyone has their own preferences. Which is why the OP should make his OWN decision lol.
Oh no...its only gotten worse. I promise. PM if youd like any details. Don't want to derail this thread with just how bad they are. :D

Id only own SRT models of any dodge if I was interested in one. If its not an SRT the quality of parts are seem to be lacking. Hell I see 3-4 year old dodges rusting more often then I should. However I haven't seen SRT'S rusting, Im not sure if its because the majority are garage kept and driven as a fun car. But id have a love affair with a Viper TA. :D

Sponsored

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
Can't go wrong with the charger scat pack. That's a great car for a family man. No way would I ever force someone to sit in the back of my mustang. It's essentially a storage shelf for my sun visor or other random things. I love the mustang but it's the wrong car for a man with kids.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
You guys realize the scat pack starts at 40k right?
This.

I know a guy that just got a Scat Pack Challenger that he ordered, sticker tally was $48K and change.

Nice car, but damn.....

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
i just configed a scat pack charger for 41,912 before TTL.

added tech group (for HIDs) which required the addition of driver confidence group and leather/alcantara.

she's a bargain....

i configed a similar chally the other week for 38k, minus the leather stuff which wasnt required for me to have HIDs

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
if i was shopping for a car today and not last year, i would've highly considered the scat pack chally/charger

but alas the mustang was the "hotness" back then.

will revisit this in about 2-4 years...
Sponsored