Sponsored

S550 thoughts

SuperSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So, winter snuck on me. I had my good, summer wheels on. Winter rolled around. Pot holes. I hit one and blew out two tires. My bad. I should have planned ahead.

I took my 15 GT in to get the tires replace and the car inspected. My shop is good, but very busy. No big deal, I had a BMW X3 that I could use as long as needed. With snow here here in PA, I wasn’t in a rush to get my car back.

4 weeks later, I got it back, and realized how much I missed it and enjoy it! The ergonomics and driving experience is so much better than what’s in a BMW (I still can’t stand IDrive). After being without my car for a month, I appreciate it as much as I did when I bought it. The way it drives, shifts, how everything is laid out. I went out today just to drive!

I was hoping to someday upgrade to a GT350, but the S550 Mustang GT is a great car, and I am still happy with it. I purchased mine in Oct 14, and this is the longest that I’ve owned a car. No interest in something else. Occasionally, I look to see what else is out there, nothing that interests me. I came to this car from a few BMW 3 series, and no interest in going back.

Anyone else still in the honeymoon? Just as happy as I am with their Mustangs?

Folks may think of the G350 or the GT500 as the Holy Grail( I did), but the S550 GT is an awesome car! Not having it for a few weeks made me realize that.
Sponsored

Last edited:

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Mine is the longest mustang i have owned so far to. I am 33 and have had 10 mustangs so far. Gt500s, cobras,gt's you name it. Only car i would consider again is a 03/04 cobra. I love the s550 in every aspect

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Yep I love this car. Mine is a 2019 GT PP1 and I’ve had it since August. I don’t drive it every day and today is the first day I’ve driven it since last Monday and I missed driving it.

I hadn’t owned one in awhile so getting back into the Mustang scene has been fun. I came from Fox Bodies and SN-95’s so the S550 platform is night and day.

OP
OP

SuperSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
As cool as the GT500 looks, I am incredibly happy with my GT. Spend the extra $$$$ on something else or mods.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Without a doubt I'm still more than happy with mine. Bought it in October of 2015, did a SH*T load of mods to it, and miss it every winter until Spring rolls around.

Sponsored

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
I like mine much more after the blower install.

Unfortunately we have winter here as well, so all I do is go start it up every couple of weeks and wait for spring to come.

Ronin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTP Stage 1
My fav of all time may be a 1970 GTO I had a decade or so back. But nothing has come close except the Mustang. And that includes my last try at nirvana which was a 2002 Z06 Vette. Now this car is a little special (to me anyway) as I got to "interview" the shop that installed the Roush, Borla, bra and ceramic coat. Also spoke with the previous owner (traded for a GT 350).
I have never had a car that is so much fun and such a mixture of docile practicality and raucous mind bending flat out big can of "haul ass". So like most on here, I'm still on the honeymoon and it's going well. Only downside is after a few tweaks, badging, tint etc, I'm at a loss on what to do next! I'm out of ideas so I guess driving her is a great option. At about 9K miles. I too would think the only car I would even consider now would be a GT 350 or 500 but I'm not so sure. Hope to hear in good time from folks who have owned both. Also hope to hit a cars and coffee or a show or two this summer.....

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I love my s550 Mustang and hope to hold on to her forever

carlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Super happy here too. Love my S550.

You guys will beat on me for this. But, this car reminds me most of my late 90's Trans Am which was one of my favorite cars ever. It totally feels like it for me.

The S550 Mustang feels like this car for me in every way, but with improvements. It's almost like Ford took the design from GM and bettered it! Not sure why Camaro couldn't do this, but I feel like the current Camaros suck compared to the current S550 Stangs.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
My 2015’s Birthday is in two days, she’ll be 4. It’s still a honeymoon for me as well. I drive her everyday, and it never “gets old”. I smile and push the start button. I’m making mods and turning her into a very personalized ride. It still turns heads, it still looks great and for me it gets better and better. She took her first trophy last fall at a Mustang show and it looking forward to the show season this year. I’ll defin be putting it in more shows . Making some more appearance mods, but hopefully by next Spring I can start on some light performance mods. Exhaust, headers, CAI. Stuff like that. Eventually I’ll do wheels/tires, suspension upgrades as well as a leather interior. I’ve got a ways to go, but I think as the saying goes... it’s the journey, not the destination that counts.
Sponsored