The01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
User name: christaindest

Email: [email protected]

Name on PayPal Suleiman Ngongo

Going on different forums with no history saying he has parts for people. Offered to sell me mirror covers and after I sent PayPal secured payment. He refused to do business unless I return my own payment and send it as friends and family unsecured. I open a PayPal dispute and then do some checking and he’s on forums in other countries doing the same tactics of

Contact me outside the forum by email to complete transaction as he did with me but I left it on the forum and used the conversation in my PayPal dispute.
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
It happens pretty often when posting in the WTB section.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Roy_Steeda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP, 2014 Mercedes E550
Vehicle Showcase
These people are getting bolder and bolder. It’s ruining the online community and trust factor. I’ve been burnt several times and now if the seller is not local where I can pick it up I just pass and do business with reputable companies - at least your protected with them and can get a refund

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Interestingly I just finished a block of moderator training last night and it talks a lot about bias. I won't tell you what my first thought was upon seeing the name.

When I see names like this.. that's a hard pass.

Sponsored

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Glad to hear he didn't get your money! Seems scammers are everywhere right now - it's pathetic!

OP
OP

The01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Interestingly I just finished a block of moderator training last night and it talks a lot about bias. I won't tell you what my first thought was upon seeing the name.
To see his username and then an actual name was a flag for me not because of the origin of the name. After I did IP check and some other things. I learned that his IP has been flagged for being used in multiple areas. Then profile is California, has IP location showing in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, gives me a Indiana phone number and paypal has no verification info other than a name. No confirmed paypal address. Then see he’s in the Singapore BMW group selling parts requesting it’s done off the website by same email using same user name as on here.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
You did great research and glad you were able to warn others.

To see his username and then an actual name was a flag for me not because of the origin of the name. After I did IP check and some other things. I learned that his IP has been flagged for being used in multiple areas. Then profile is California, has IP location showing in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, gives me a Indiana phone number and paypal has no verification info other than a name. No confirmed paypal address. Then see he’s in the Singapore BMW group selling parts requesting it’s done off the website by same email using same user name as on here.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
not because of the origin of the name
These are the most frequent type of names that come up for these particular kinds of scams is all I was alluding to.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
How can someone set up a PayPal account (today) and not have to be verified??

OP
OP

The01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
How can someone set up a PayPal account (today) and not have to be verified??
Was wondering the same thing. Wont even show me anything but his name associated with the email for PayPal. Then tells me he has a problem with my funds and it’s gonna have to wait so I ask for screen shot and shows me one with a flag on his PayPal saying transaction on hold due to no address verification. So I immediately opened dispute and forward everything I found prior to seeing that to include him asking me to resend the money unsecured.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Thank you for alerting us to this. The user has now been banned.

In future, the quickest way would be to hit the "report" button, either on a post on the forum or a message in your inbox. That way an email is sent to all the moderators and we can act on it quickly. Usually, these scammers will have just one or two posts to their username, so that should be your first red flag. If in any doubt, just hit the "report" button :like:

OP
OP

The01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Thank you for alerting us to this. The user has now been banned.

In future, the quickest way would be to hit the "report" button, either on a post on the forum or a message in your inbox. That way an email is sent to all the moderators and we can act on it quickly. Usually, these scammers will have just one or two posts to their username, so that should be your first red flag. If in any doubt, just hit the "report" button :like:
I reported him prior to the post and again after.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
These people are getting bolder and bolder. It’s ruining the online community and trust factor. I’ve been burnt several times and now if the seller is not local where I can pick it up I just pass and do business with reputable companies - at least your protected with them and can get a refund
That has always made good sense to me. And a big reason the DEAL is short lived.

Never have had a problem paying the price for many things. Don't expect something for nothing, to add anything used is another gamble.
Sponsored