Sponsored

Saving Up for a GT350

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Prediction OPINIONS wanted! Do you predict an influx of used GT350's to come on the market when the GT500 is re-released? How many plan on trading in your GT350 for the GT500?? This could be very good for me.
IMO the GT350 is too good for prices to fall extremely quickly, but yes I do think some people will sell their GT350s for GT500s or whatever else happens to be on the market. It's the kind of car that attracts buyers (like me) who are flighty and like to try different things.
Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Why not a lightly used 19 Bullitt? Still get some exclusivity, def cheaper, Bullitts are badass, maintenance costs are less. My Bullitt gets more comments on the road than the 350. Get the magneride and recaros and strap yourself in for some fun. Bullitts sound badass too. anyway head on down to the Bullitt forum and read the buyers remorse thread.

I fhought about that too, but no Vodoo and Tremec.. I test drove several GT's and the difference between the Tremec 6 speed and MT-82 in the non-Shelby models. But the Vodoo is really what sets the GT350 apart and makes it special.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
IMO the GT350 is too good for prices to fall extremely quickly, but yes I do think some people will sell their GT350s for GT500s or whatever else happens to be on the market. It's the kind of car that attracts buyers (like me) who are flighty and like to try different things.
The used market is driven largely by supply and demand and wholesale/auction. The more supply the lower the price. If enough GT350 owners sell their cars for GT500's it absolutely will affect resale.

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase
random155 sit on auto trader and keep track of prices, miles, colors, and distance. Does not help if you buy a car in CA if it cost 1500 to ship to NJ.

I bought mine 3 weeks ago now.. 17 with 7600 miles for 47.5. I have not seen a better one since however does not mean they dont come up.

Are you getting closer? I have a finance job and sit on a computer all day and dont mind looking for you if you want.

ps, thank you for your service.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
I fhought about that too, but no Vodoo and Tremec.. I test drove several GT's and the difference between the Tremec 6 speed and MT-82 in the non-Shelby models. But the Vodoo is really what sets the GT350 apart and makes it special.
It's also what makes it expensive.....

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The used market is driven largely by supply and demand and wholesale/auction. The more supply the lower the price. If enough GT350 owners sell their cars for GT500's it absolutely will affect resale.
I 100% agree with supply and demand impacting price. My belief is that there is a lot of pent up demand - mostly for used GT350s that are a little less expensive compared to buying new - that will prevent the price from falling too much. Especially since the new GTs are so expensive, a used GT350 looks like a good deal. I'm planning/hoping to find a lightly used GT350 to purchase, so I'm part of that potential demand.

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra, 20 twister orange350R
Thank you. I've looked into police and fire federal credit union, but in the end I think I just need to get a nice chunk of money to put down to make it less stressful for me to manage.
I’m in the same boat.... your going to just throw a big chunk of change down to get an affordable payment- so just keep saving and maybe stay off this site because it will kill you inside looking at all these dam cars we DONT have just yet

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Good points. I test drove a Bullitt, mostly to experience the mganaride suspension. I had not driven a GT350. I assumed they would be very close. I was very wrong. The Bullitt's suspension tuning is slightly softer (although I liked it). But the clutch and shifter pale to the GT350. I stalled the Bullitt twice and could not launch it smoothly. When I got the GT350 I was shocked how easy and smooth it was to launch, the clutch and Tremec are the easiest I have ever driven. Then there is the Voodoo. Along with the clutch and Tremec, it transforms the car. It is so visceral and yet it can be driven smoothly, easily and with even roads, very comfortably.

RaceRed19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Random, I feel your struggle brother! I was in the exact same boat! Initially it was a 13/14 GT500 battle or a GT350. I looked for months online at both knowing at the time that I could not afford either at the time. My wife would just smile at night while we were watching tv and I had my phone up scrolling and searching. Because she knows all to well that when I become hell bent on making something happen, it will in due time. After reading a ton, it become a no brainer for me to set dead sights on a GT350. This was what I did to make it happen for me.

I was driving a 09 F250 and she an 11 Wrangler. I went to my credit union and got preapproved for a loan based of refinancing our Jeep and selling/trading the F250. I still had a loan on both, but had decent equity in both. I was trying to scrap and save all I could which was not much. I get the whole kids in sports thing! Combined, we have 6 kids together! Her 3, me 2, and we have 1 together. I'm gladly the mechanic for the older 4 since they all drive now. I found a 03 Tahoe LTZ 4x4 online with 240k miles. Guy was asking $2200 and I haggled him down to $1,800 and bought it. It needed a good cleaning and a couple odds and ends that were easily done in my driveway. It was going to be my new daily. I loved my F250, but I wanted the GT350 more.

After getting the Tahoe good to go, I knew it was time to sell or trade the F250. I'm in TN and tried to limit my GT350 search to a 250 mile radius. That way I could drive to pick up and drive home to not pay any shipping cost. I tried discussing the trade with a few of dealers on 16's and 17's. Based off pricing, I kept looking at those YM to try to make my budget work. I knew I had decent equity in my truck bet they were proud of the 350's. Numbers would not cut it for my budget.

A couple months of looking I sold the F250 locally. 2 weeks later, I found a 19 GT350 online at a dealer in Atlanta. It was a long shot to make it work with my new down payment money from the truck, but I said what the heck I'll give it a try. I called and kinda drilled the sales guy with tons of questions. He didn't have many answers and told me he would just let me discuss it with the sales manager since he knew the history with the car. It was sitting in their showroom and the sales manager would not let anyone drive it.

Several conversations later over a couple of days, the sales manager greatly appreciated my enthusiasm and knowledge of the car in general. He finally told me, "I can tell you really want this car...you're asking questions that no one has asked before. I'll tell you what, I can tell you're very serious and this is my drop dead best price" I knew from my preapproval where I needed to be and I about hit the floor because he had just almost hit it. I told him I would call him back in 30 minutes. Since it had been a few months from the initial preapproval at my credit union, I knew i had had a little more equity in the Jeep from the last few payments. I called the loan officer that I dealt with, told her my new balance on the Jeep. She ran my credit again since it had been more than a month from the first preapproval. Luckily for me the numbers hit perfect. Called the sales manager right back made a deal pending in person inspection and test drive. He slapped a sold sign in the window and sent me a picture.

I told him i would be down 2 days later since that would be a Saturday and we could make that work. Sales manager had emailed me a deal sheet, took it to my credit union and they cut me a check to take down. My wife and I rented a car to drive down to save the hassle of a 2 car drive back home. Drove down, first sight of the car, I was in awe! Luckily it was perfect! Only 2,600 miles on it.

At the end of the day, I'm only out of pocket 50 bucks more a month with the GT350 and the refinanced Jeep vs my original loans with the F250 and the Jeep. Having had the GT350 for around a month now, I can say easily it was worth every minute online and all the money switching and refinancing I did to make it work!

Vudu52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 / 04 Terminator Cobra / 22 Bronco
when I become hell bent on making something happen, it will in due time. After reading a ton, it become a no brainer for me to set dead sights on a GT350. This was what I did to make it happen for me!
Are we twins?

BTW great story! This started for me back in the summer of 2018 when I was dead set on getting a Terminator Cobra but in the past few months that has changed to wanting to get the GT350 just b/c of the massive jump in technology in the years between the two cars and b/c of the voodoo engine. In that time span I've been paying extra on my F150 to pay it off early b/c I want to get into another Mustang sooner than later. At this rate I'll have it paid off in early spring of 2021. Between my regular payment and what I pay extra each month I'm paying $800 a month on the truck. This is what got me thinking about the GT350 knowing I could afford a lot more than what the payment would be on a $25-30K Terminator. I'm looking to find a GT350 in the $40-$44K price range, trying to keep in in the $650 a month payment window. Hoping to find a 2019 with around 10,000-15,0000 miles on it and in the price range when the time comes. I've been keeping an eye on the 2017's and 2018's to see how their used prices are shaping up and crossing my fingers that the GT500 will settle down the used GT350 market around the time I will be ready to get one. Not a matter of if....just when.

Sponsored

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
Random, I feel your struggle brother! I was in the exact same boat! Initially it was a 13/14 GT500 battle or a GT350. I looked for months online at both knowing at the time that I could not afford either at the time. My wife would just smile at night while we were watching tv and I had my phone up scrolling and searching. Because she knows all to well that when I become hell bent on making something happen, it will in due time. After reading a ton, it become a no brainer for me to set dead sights on a GT350. This was what I did to make it happen for me.

I was driving a 09 F250 and she an 11 Wrangler. I went to my credit union and got preapproved for a loan based of refinancing our Jeep and selling/trading the F250. I still had a loan on both, but had decent equity in both. I was trying to scrap and save all I could which was not much. I get the whole kids in sports thing! Combined, we have 6 kids together! Her 3, me 2, and we have 1 together. I'm gladly the mechanic for the older 4 since they all drive now. I found a 03 Tahoe LTZ 4x4 online with 240k miles. Guy was asking $2200 and I haggled him down to $1,800 and bought it. It needed a good cleaning and a couple odds and ends that were easily done in my driveway. It was going to be my new daily. I loved my F250, but I wanted the GT350 more.

After getting the Tahoe good to go, I knew it was time to sell or trade the F250. I'm in TN and tried to limit my GT350 search to a 250 mile radius. That way I could drive to pick up and drive home to not pay any shipping cost. I tried discussing the trade with a few of dealers on 16's and 17's. Based off pricing, I kept looking at those YM to try to make my budget work. I knew I had decent equity in my truck bet they were proud of the 350's. Numbers would not cut it for my budget.

A couple months of looking I sold the F250 locally. 2 weeks later, I found a 19 GT350 online at a dealer in Atlanta. It was a long shot to make it work with my new down payment money from the truck, but I said what the heck I'll give it a try. I called and kinda drilled the sales guy with tons of questions. He didn't have many answers and told me he would just let me discuss it with the sales manager since he knew the history with the car. It was sitting in their showroom and the sales manager would not let anyone drive it.

Several conversations later over a couple of days, the sales manager greatly appreciated my enthusiasm and knowledge of the car in general. He finally told me, "I can tell you really want this car...you're asking questions that no one has asked before. I'll tell you what, I can tell you're very serious and this is my drop dead best price" I knew from my preapproval where I needed to be and I about hit the floor because he had just almost hit it. I told him I would call him back in 30 minutes. Since it had been a few months from the initial preapproval at my credit union, I knew i had had a little more equity in the Jeep from the last few payments. I called the loan officer that I dealt with, told her my new balance on the Jeep. She ran my credit again since it had been more than a month from the first preapproval. Luckily for me the numbers hit perfect. Called the sales manager right back made a deal pending in person inspection and test drive. He slapped a sold sign in the window and sent me a picture.

I told him i would be down 2 days later since that would be a Saturday and we could make that work. Sales manager had emailed me a deal sheet, took it to my credit union and they cut me a check to take down. My wife and I rented a car to drive down to save the hassle of a 2 car drive back home. Drove down, first sight of the car, I was in awe! Luckily it was perfect! Only 2,600 miles on it.

At the end of the day, I'm only out of pocket 50 bucks more a month with the GT350 and the refinanced Jeep vs my original loans with the F250 and the Jeep. Having had the GT350 for around a month now, I can say easily it was worth every minute online and all the money switching and refinancing I did to make it work!
Why not sell the kids? The GT350 is worth it. I couldn't afford any fun cars until my kids moved out.

RaceRed19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Are we twins?
Vudu52 we may just be twins haha! Put a plan together and it WILL happen! Great minds think alike!

The technology and the Voodoo made the 350 a must for me! Keep your eyes open for a bargain! Find it and jump! That's what I did on mine. Got it for $53k plus taxes. At that rate, just a couple thousand more for a 19 so I jumped in with both feet.

Best of luck on the search!

Doc...pretty much the same boat! 3 of the 4 older kids have moved out. That's one reason I've had to wait this long! Had 10 Mustangs in the past from 88GT being the first. Last before this 350 was an 95GT convertible back in 1999. Kids come along and fun toys died! You're right though!...GT350 is one hell of a fun ride!

Vudu52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 / 04 Terminator Cobra / 22 Bronco
Vudu52 we may just be twins haha! Put a plan together and it WILL happen! Great minds think alike!

The technology and the Voodoo made the 350 a must for me! Keep your eyes open for a bargain! Find it and jump! That's what I did on mine. Got it for $53k plus taxes. At that rate, just a couple thousand more for a 19 so I jumped in with both feet.

Best of luck on the search!!

That's the plan, when the time comes I'm hoping to find one quick and move in on it even quicker. I'm in the North East but distance does not matter to me, I'll either drive it back or ship it

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra, 20 twister orange350R
Same here not if but when the kids don’t help that’s the truth
Sponsored