Sponsored

Saving Up for a GT350

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I’m in a similar boat as well. I was able to get a quote of 5% interest based off credit (obv that can fluctuate) and I’m looking to buy a brand new 19 GT350. To be honest I’d love to know if there will be a 2020 model cause then I’ll continue to save and purchase an R instead. I know this might sound crazy to some but I’m only 21 and I’ll be putting $30k down on mine so the monthly payments will be under $500. Everyone tells me to just buy a 5.0 or wait until I get older, but honestly there’s just something about the FPC.. I was able to drive a friends 500rwhp 16’ 5.0 consistently during my time in Guam and it didn’t compare to when I had gotten the chance to test drive a 350 while I was back home.
5%? If you're paying that in interest on a car loan, you're nuts. You shouldn't finance period. Pay cash. Give the bank no extra money. But if you must finance, 1-2% max.
Sponsored

OP
OP

random155

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150 FX4
Don't forget to add insurance cost which would be around $300 since you are from NJ.

If you are speeding and a cop pulls you over, can you get away just by showing your badge? :p
Already factored in insurance. $1000 q year for full coverage. And I dont speed so I dont gave to worry about getting pulled over =)

ameapm2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Genesis 2018 GT350
Already factored in insurance. $1000 q year for full coverage. And I dont speed so I dont gave to worry about getting pulled over =)
You don't speed yet.
Wait until you get behind that GT350's wheel. :devil:

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I am paying 1.74% for a 65 months loan (40k) with DCU .... But those deals are gone since I got it 2 years ago. DCU offers now 2.74% for new and used car loans. Not bad after all... Check your local Credit Unions, you might be surprised.

I, personally, would not shy away from a low mileage second hand 2017 to be honest if savings are significant. Still has 2 years of Ford warranty, so you're covered.

Good luck.

Sponsored

OP
OP

random155

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150 FX4
I am paying 1.74% for a 65 months loan (40k) with DCU .... But those deals are gone since I got it 2 years ago. DCU offers now 2.74% for new and used car loans. Not bad after all... Check your local Credit Unions, you might be surprised.

I, personally, would not shy away from a low mileage second hand 2017 to be honest if savings are significant. Still has 2 years of Ford warranty, so you're covered.

Good luck.
Definitely getting used GT350. Just have to make enough of that down payment to make my monthly payment manageable for my situation.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I am paying 1.74% for a 65 months loan (40k) with DCU .... But those deals are gone since I got it 2 years ago. DCU offers now 2.74% for new and used car loans. Not bad after all... .
You're paying $2k more for the car financing it that long. 2.74% on a $40K loan would be like $3K in interest.
Not to mention the joys of making payments on a car for over 5 years. Moronic.

OP
OP

random155

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150 FX4
You're paying $2k more for the car financing it that long. 2.74% on a $40K loan would be like $3K in interest.
Not to mention the joys of making payments on a car for over 5 years. Moronic.
I wouldn't exactly say moronic. Not all people have the ability to pay for something like this all up front in cash. In order to get the car you want at the time you want it you have to pay more for it, by way of interest. In my situation, I don't want to wait 5 years or longer to save up 60k to buy a gt350 in cash, hence paying a few thousand in interest to get what I want sooner, so i can enjoy it while im young. It really comes down to what are you willing to pay to get what you want when you want it. I definitely wouldn't consider someone moronic if they are willing to pay a bank to lend them money to buy something that they really want but don't have the cash to buy. That goes for any loan, including mortgages. Just my opinion.

Sponsored
OP
OP

random155

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150 FX4
I found a 16 GT350 convenience package for 41k (29k miles) but the seller won't budge. I offered 38k and he said no. Sucks, because I can work with 38k as a finance amount if I put 3 or 4k down then I'm just about there. Anyone want to donate 3k to my cause, LOL! SO CLOSE!!!

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I’m in a similar boat as well. I was able to get a quote of 5% interest based off credit (obv that can fluctuate) and I’m looking to buy a brand new 19 GT350. To be honest I’d love to know if there will be a 2020 model cause then I’ll continue to save and purchase an R instead. I know this might sound crazy to some but I’m only 21 and I’ll be putting $30k down on mine so the monthly payments will be under $500. Everyone tells me to just buy a 5.0 or wait until I get older, but honestly there’s just something about the FPC.. I was able to drive a friends 500rwhp 16’ 5.0 consistently during my time in Guam and it didn’t compare to when I had gotten the chance to test drive a 350 while I was back home.
Im curious to hear what proper, full insurance coverage will cost you per month. I had to learn the lesson the hard way when I was 22 and bought a relatively cheap, new SUV. I paid $400 a month for full coverage on my own policy.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I found a 16 GT350 convenience package for 41k (29k miles) but the seller won't budge. I offered 38k and he said no. Sucks, because I can work with 38k as a finance amount if I put 3 or 4k down then I'm just about there. Anyone want to donate 3k to my cause, LOL! SO CLOSE!!!
$41k seems dirt cheap. I'm surprised he's not budging.

OP
OP

random155

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150 FX4
Im curious to hear what proper, full insurance coverage will cost you per month. I had to learn the lesson the hard way when I was 22 and bought a relatively cheap, new SUV. I paid $400 a month for full coverage on my own policy.
I pay my insurance up front. For the GT350 my quote was just shy of $1000. That is with a $1000 deductible.

OP
OP

random155

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150 FX4
$41k seems dirt cheap. I'm surprised he's not budging.
Believe me I know. The car is in a different state so I would have to pay shipping and for an inspection. But I figured I could find someone on here that lives close to the dealer in TX to check it out for me. The car looks clean. Does not have a clean carfax but the issue is no big deal. Car has been sitting for 3 months, just SELL IT TO ME!
Sponsored