Sponsored

Saving Up for a GT350

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White w/Blue Stripes
Honestly, it's just me, but I wouldn't spend $62,000 on a car if it's going to be in a garage for half the year. It just...defeats the purpose of buying said car. Wait until the day you move out; if you move to another state, then get one and drive it year-round. Also, age has no bearing on being in a family plan. What does is the cost of that plan, which gets cheaper when you turn 26 iirc.
Sponsored

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm prepared for maintenance and insurance. I have factored in all of those costs along with my monthly payment. What credit union did you get in touch with and what are you loan details (payment, APR, years etc...?) You can private messages me, thanks for all the great support and info so far. Great online community.
See if there are any Credit Unions locally and go talk to them and after giving some basic financial info about yourself ask them if you would have a good chance of getting their best rate before actually submitting an application. Check out Capital One bank, they have decent rates. I went with a local credit union but I'm in CA so it wouldn't help you. Check out the 20/4/10 rule, if you wanna be financially "responsible" with buying a car. I didn't exactly adhere to it, but I kept it in mind, and sort of adhered to it, lol.

A_Bau3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Honestly, it's just me, but I wouldn't spend $62,000 on a car if it's going to be in a garage for half the year. It just...defeats the purpose of buying said car. Wait until the day you move out; if you move to another state, then get one and drive it year-round. Also, age has no bearing on being in a family plan. What does is the cost of that plan, which gets cheaper when you turn 26 iirc.
I’m actually military and I’m in the DMV area, just threw the Wisconsin part in there because that’s where I’m from and I’d register the car there for the fees and insurance aspect. And I’d most definitely want to drive the car year round, however I’d rather not deal with the shitty drivers out here during winter months, and having the constant urge to clean the car everyday because of the salt on the roads.

OP
OP

random155

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150 FX4
I’m actually military and I’m in the DMV area, just threw the Wisconsin part in there because that’s where I’m from and I’d register the car there for the fees and insurance aspect. And I’d most definitely want to drive the car year round, however I’d rather not deal with the shitty drivers out here during winter months, and having the constant urge to clean the car everyday because of the salt on the roads.
Yeah I won't be a fan of winter driving in this car either, especially in NJ. I will take it out, but not when the roads are covered in snow or salt.

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
I would buy a used Boss. Probably fits the payment better, especially if you will have it bedded down for the winter each year. If I lived in a snow state, I would be driving an all wheel drive car like an Audi or BMW.

Dave

Sponsored

OP
OP

random155

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150 FX4
I would buy a used Boss. Probably fits the payment better, especially if you will have it bedded down for the winter each year. If I lived in a snow state, I would be driving an all wheel drive car like an Audi or BMW.

Dave
Dead set on GT350. I drive my F150 as a daily driver so no worries there.

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
the insurance was more on my wrangler than the 350. 100 octane was an expense i had not counted on but it was so worth it

OP
OP

random155

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150 FX4
the insurance was more on my wrangler than the 350. 100 octane was an expense i had not counted on but it was so worth it
I already have quote of $1000 a year for full coverage with my current insurance company.

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I already have quote of $1000 a year for full coverage with my current insurance company.
lucky sons of b's not living in CA's Bay Area haha

I'm paying over double that with a clean record ;(

Sponsored

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha I bet that weather is worth it tho!
weather is good but living out here is boring as fuck, nothing to do, at least compared to SoCal

OP
OP

random155

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150 FX4
weather is good but living out here is boring as fuck, nothing to do, at least compared to SoCal
Trying living in South Jersey.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
It’s definitely worth the wait. I live in Utah so I get to store mine during the winter as well. That first Spring drive is amazing! I financed mine through Navy Fed CU, is there a police credit union in Jersey? Maybe keep an eye on their rates.

Thank you for your service and stay safe out there.

OP
OP

random155

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150 FX4
It’s definitely worth the wait. I live in Utah so I get to store mine during the winter as well. That first Spring drive is amazing! I financed mine through Navy Fed CU, is there a police credit union in Jersey? Maybe keep an eye on their rates.

Thank you for your service and stay safe out there.
Thank you. I've looked into police and fire federal credit union, but in the end I think I just need to get a nice chunk of money to put down to make it less stressful for me to manage.

ameapm2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Genesis 2018 GT350
Don't forget to add insurance cost which would be around $300 since you are from NJ.

If you are speeding and a cop pulls you over, can you get away just by showing your badge? :p
Sponsored