Sales guy says six weeks to build... #Doubt

DanFord25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 King Ranch
I ordered a GT/CS Vert on May 3rd and was told 3 to 5 months. I'm thinking 5 months would be the earliest.
Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
This could be interesting, I wonder if a 301a car gets built faster? All of the warnings now on the build site talk about features being unavailable. Chevy is straight up delivering cars with features removed. No apologies, no promise to add later, no discount offered. It seems to me the cars with less modules needed are turning quicker but that could just be me getting impatient.

Ruin

Scouts Out!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.froglevelbrewing.com
Vehicle(s)
15: GT/PP - TY
I was told ~12 weeks when I placed my order on 4/1. Got a build date and VIN on 4/26. I *should* have it by mid to late July putting it at 12 weeks to be built and up to 16 total weeks to have it delivered depending on what transportation is like. I’m in a major metro area and using a high volume dealer fwiw. Smaller dealerships will have longer wait times, as I understand it.

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
My salesman told me 16 weeks back in Feb, I still didn't have a build date in mid-April when I cancelled the reservation to buy dealer stock '22.

GT500HE61

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT 500 Heritage
6wks sounds like a bs promise to get you excited so you place your order immediately with him/her.

Sponsored

tjwreds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
I'm in the process of selling my Cobra for something a little more family friendly and that looks like a new GT. I don't mind waiting, even like several months, but the sales guy said once my order is placed they can have it built in 6 weeks. That sounds like bullshit to me... so... what do you guys think?

anyhow, here's the snek up for grabs. too many mods to list.

Dude, I ordered my mach 1 in mid feb, got it the last week of April. the answer is it all depends on if they have to wait for parts "x,y,z" and then inter-related constraints, if any, at the time of order/build. There is no "one answer" it is always, "it depends on ...."

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
went to a dealership today to look at a 2019 bullitt in good shape mechanically but beat to shit cosmetically. we couldn't deal because the clown of a salesguy tried to steal my truck from me at 20K (2016 64K miles ecoboost supercab 3.31 gears, mint condition no mechanical issues).

homie literally told me he was done with me when i said you can't use tax savings as a reason to not give me what my truck is worth.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know what issues Ford may be having but I ordered a Charger Scat-Pack at the beginning of May (May 5th), the Sales guy said 6-12 weeks before I had it, which I thought was on the low end, he just wanted to sell the car right?.. Charger forum also thought that was funny and not going to happen, some of them were waiting FOREVER for their car.. but the car is done being built already and waiting to be picked up, at the end of last week they told me 1-2 weeks and they should have it. So I think it is very possible you get it in that timeframe

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
I placed my order April 5th and it initially showed a June 6th build date. It went into production a week ago and I have the window sticker. GT manual 401a with active exhaust, spoiler delete, B&O, cyber orange.

Sponsored

luke1333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra
Tell salesman you will order but if it isn't here in 7 weeks (give him benefit of doubt) you don't want it and see what he says

fcuboi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium
Tell salesman you will order but if it isn't here in 7 weeks (give him benefit of doubt) you don't want it and see what he says
I'd imagine he wouldn't care... they will sell it anyway, potentially for more than they'd get on the order. My salesman told me if I changed my mind, it was practically a free allocation for them.

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
The deal I have running right now is 23K for my truck and 3K off build price, im trying to get them to cover TT&L if i let them have the truck now so they can essentially ride on pure profit for a few months until my car shows up which would also lock me in with them. if i can land that it would essentially be like getting 26K for my truck and charging them interest on the 3 month loan.
Sponsored