Sponsored

Sagging bumper; how many had it fixed @ Dealer?

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I am contemplating taking mine to the dealer, to fix the bumper sagging. I am handy with a spanner, and I can take it off myself to lift it for sure, especially seeing the tutorials here.

Just wondering if any one had it fixed by dealer and are happy with how it turned out, and nothing else was damaged in the process (of which I am mostly concerned).

Many thanks
Sponsored

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Dealer tried and made it slightly better but they were afraid not to damage things (at least they were honest) to try harder.

I even offered to pay a top local bodyshop to fix it and they would not take my money which tells me that they know they have not been too successful fixing it for the long term (at a reasonable cost that is).

horns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony Car
Had the dealer work on mine. It actually went to their body shop. When I met the writer at the body shop he told me he has one guy that he lets work on all Mustangs that come in. Also said the fit on most of the new Mustangs is crap which we all know.

They did a pretty good job. The adjusted my back bumper, the hood, and the front right fender. The back bumper still isn't as good as what you can find on a $20k car, but it's much better than it was. They said a clip or fastener was missing.

I didn't get any free, new damage while it was in their possession.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
There’s a DIY fix on another forum I’ll try to find. Mine has stagnated (not gotten any worse), so as long as that remains true, I’m gonna leave it alone.

Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Several if not most have this with the rear fascia. Even if not there when first bought most will get the sag, some more than others. Both 350's I bought new didn't have it at first but eventually showed up. As far as correction no one I know or have read have been able to completely eliminate it. A guy put screws etc. and it came back just not as bad. Body shops can not get rid of it as far as I've read. So as much as I dislike it as many others I've learned to just live with it.

Tribefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Found this post. It should help. I need to do this too. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2191917&postcount=27

Text from the post itself:

Here ya go - go to this thread below and watch the clip regarding how to swap over to the Roush rear valance. It shows every aspect of the rear bumper cover fastener locations and hardware locations (screws), as well where to press to get the clips to snap into place.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...17&postcount=8

It's a long video (but that's what fast forward is for), hopefully it helps to answer your questions.

Also here is this thread for you and others that includes detailed pics showing how to fix any rear bumper cover panel gaps:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...ghlight=Bumper

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 - Oxford White
Brought mine to the dealer several times to have it fixed. The whole care had panel fitment issues but the only one they were able to correct fully were the gaps between the doors and the front fenders. The rear bumper fitment couldn't be corrected because of the design of the clips that hold it up. They offered to have a new bumper ordered/painted/refitted but was told it would be 50-50 on whether or not the new bumper would have better fitment

OP
OP
torque124

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Brought mine to the dealer several times to have it fixed. The whole care had panel fitment issues but the only one they were able to correct fully were the gaps between the doors and the front fenders. The rear bumper fitment couldn't be corrected because of the design of the clips that hold it up. They offered to have a new bumper ordered/painted/refitted but was told it would be 50-50 on whether or not the new bumper would have better fitment
I am not too concerned about anything else but the rear bumper... my doors and fenders seem fine. OK, not BMW fine, but I don't care :)

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Mine has a bit of a gap, but hasn't gotten any worse over time. Honestly, I ignore it and I wouldn't expect a dealership to be able to do anything about it.

I prefer to concentrate on the things about the car that make me happy.

Sponsored

bobmclean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
The Fender Gap

I fixed it myself in less than an hour with the help of a friend.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pictures please bobmclean and detailed description of how you were able to get it back up flush.

bobmclean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Gap

I took the tail lights out super simple. My buddy pushed up on the panel & I used a sheet metal screw to hold it in place put the light back in. At least I know it not going to fall off....

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok seen where a guy posted pictures of doing the same thing. But then some time later he posted that it was sagging again but not quite as bad. And that he gave up. Let us know if it stays tight with no gap. Thanks

Last edited:

1slow_shleby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cedric
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Since I purchased my car new I’ve taken my car to the dealer for a few mi or issues I’ve found with the car. Chin spoiler had a gap, rear bumper had a slight sag, and front bumper and hood had minor paint defects. Ford covered everything and the car looks perfect now, it all depends on your dealership
Sponsored