mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I know many people have done extensive calling to dealers. My question isn't about deals people have secured but instead around dealers that have put in orders for their allocation themselves and not sold them yet.

I know of a dealer that told me that have an allocation of 8 (base and R combined, 2 of them are R), but after pressing one of the managers there, he still insists he doesn't have any further details about them and the GM hasn't decided how he's going to sell them yet.

It sounds to me like he's not going to presell any of them. I'm betting to have them halo on the floor and ask a larger than market ADM in the hopes that those with instant gratification requirements will see the car in front of them and just plop down whatever money they ask on it.

Kind of a bummer for me, I had hoped with their large allocation they could've been "my ticket", but I really want the exact GT350 I want and probably not whatever they have ordered. (Deep Impact Blue, White Stripes and Tech Package please :) I've never had the privilege of ordering exactly what I want before and sometimes my purchases can have some satisfaction taken away because they're missing this or that.

Anyway, I'm betting there's more than a few dealers like this that haven't pre-sold some or any of their cars and there will be a pretty healthy amount of them in dealer showrooms (large price tags inevitably). I've only talked to a few dealers though.
Sponsored

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
When I was looking around the Southwest I'd say close to half the dealers I talked to were ordering what they wanted as dealer stock. I immediately put them on the sucklist, never to call them again, for any reason.

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
What is more crazy is even the dealer transfer companies (or at least one in particular)are trying to get in on the action. They broadcast an email late last week to all Ford dealers saying they have a GT350R at 10K over cost and they will deliver to any dealer nationwide for another $5K fee or $15K over MSRP delivered but that is before the receiving dealer places their markup on it. Slimy stuff...

Last edited:

blondie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang V6
yeah a couple around me ordered the "classic" white and blue stripes track pack to have on the lot...why? since they didnt have any they could order at the moment i moved on. even so one wanted 20k over for that car. its not what i want, the tech pack, and its got the stripes...not my thing.

Sponsored

MisterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'13 Taurus SHO & '16 GT350R
I'm dealing with the same issue. Dealership has the allocation for an R but isn't sure how they want to handle. I'm not in their face all the time but I remind them that I am here. Hopefully being a current customer will ultimately secure my spot.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I know many people have done extensive calling to dealers. My question isn't about deals people have secured but instead around dealers that have put in orders for their allocation themselves and not sold them yet.

I know of a dealer that told me that have an allocation of 8 (base and R combined, 2 of them are R), but after pressing one of the managers there, he still insists he doesn't have any further details about them and the GM hasn't decided how he's going to sell them yet.

It sounds to me like he's not going to presell any of them. I'm betting to have them halo on the floor and ask a larger than market ADM in the hopes that those with instant gratification requirements will see the car in front of them and just plop down whatever money they ask on it.

Kind of a bummer for me, I had hoped with their large allocation they could've been "my ticket", but I really want the exact GT350 I want and probably not whatever they have ordered. (Deep Impact Blue, White Stripes and Tech Package please :) I've never had the privilege of ordering exactly what I want before and sometimes my purchases can have some satisfaction taken away because they're missing this or that.

Anyway, I'm betting there's more than a few dealers like this that haven't pre-sold some or any of their cars and there will be a pretty healthy amount of them in dealer showrooms (large price tags inevitably). I've only talked to a few dealers though.
Yeah, sucks to have dealers use up their allocations on whatever they think will sell the best (and make them the most money), rather than allowing a custom order. And I mean that, not trying to be sarcastic.

The nice thing about your combo, is that I think it will be one of the more common choices, so you may actually have some luck finding it on the lot.

-T

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
my dealer has 2 gt350 and 1 gt350r they have not ordered as of yet, but there is ADM on them. mine is the only one they have ordered so far. they will take an order on them if you pay the adm on it.

Last edited:

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Question----Even tho they aren't taking any customer orders and doing dealer stock, wonder if you can still get on a waiting list to be contacted when they come in? One dealer I contacted is doing this.

OP
OP
mattlqx

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
He told me that they may do an on-site auction for them. Which of course doesn't sound appealing at all to me, but I'd rather be in the loop than not.

Other than that, I'm sure they're going to make a run down their list at some absurd markup when one comes in and keep doing that until they run out of people on the list or run out of cars.

Sponsored

OctopusWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP & AP
Are you comfortable sharing what dealer in the PHX area you were talking to?
It sucks that Ford worked so hard to get so much performance as affordable as possible only to have these dealers let greed get in the way.

But to be fair, they are in the business to make money, because if they don't, they go out of business. To completely undo what Ford did with this car affordability wise is disappointing.

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I just talked to a dealer who is holding their allocation back for this very purpose. Said they were punching the order today, and wanted to see what the market for the car was when they received it and go from there. Said they had heard that these cars were selling for "$15k to $20k over".

So yeah, markup is the game with some of the dealerships. I'm not saying they're wrong for doing it, because...well, America!, but it is a shame that some folks that could make it work for $55k - $60k won't be able to get into one because of ADM.

s4-to-15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt black perf pack 6mt
hopefully dealers will wake up and start pricing these cars right with the stock market losing $2.1 trillion in the last couple of weeks.

needspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Challenger Hellcat - Tored
It is unfortunate that they are doing this. Sightly off-topic will sold orders get filled first or it does not matter to Ford?

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
It is unfortunate that they are doing this. Sightly off-topic will sold orders get filled first or it does not matter to Ford?
Stock orders will be built first until the "okay to buy" is given (meaning there are no production issues), then Ford will start scheduling sold (retail) orders for customers. That means the first few hundred built will be going to dealers who just ordered for store inventory.
Sponsored