Sponsored

2019 GT350 Order - How long until dealer had the VIN?

Shipey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt.
Checking to see how long it took until your dealer provided you with a VIN after your order for a 2019 GT350 was sent to Ford. A good friend placed his order a month ago, and the dealer is claiming still no VIN. Seems unreasonable to me. When I placed the order for my Bullitt my dealer (different dealer) provided me the VIN in two weeks.

Thanks!
Sponsored

sumfoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350, 57-tbird, 61 Galaxie, 2014 Wrangler unlimited rubicon, and a 1999 F150
I read an article that said the engine block is being switched over to the gt500 block once gt500 production begins, i'm wondering if they are holding the 2019s hostage until that happens or not.

Also the article could be phooey... it was on the internet.

OP
OP
Shipey

Shipey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt.
I read an article that said the engine block is being switched over to the gt500 block once gt500 production begins, i'm wondering if they are holding the 2019s hostage until that happens or not.

Also the article could be phooey... it was on the internet.
My buddy just got his VIN about 15 minutes ago for his GT350 (not an R). Expected delivery May 30... so the 2019 is in production and being held up for the revised block.

Awesomo4308

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro V6
I think I got my VIN in mid Jan for EDD of 2/18 but got held up due to the factory supply issues. Supposedly to arrive Monday but we'll see about that.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
ordered 1/4/19 got vin 2/21/19... supposedly build week of 3/25/19 but that part isn't showing up online yet....

Sponsored

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
As it was explained to me by my dealer (owner - he manages their Shelby program) it depends on where in the allocation order you are for your respective dealer in that the factory scheduling is done to spread out allocations in time (I imagine that keeps values up for any dealer orders & stocking). So my dealer has 2 allocations for 350's (no R's). The 1st one was sold to a guy (ordered in early Dec) who's 2018 was bought back after engine failure & replacement meant no numbers match. His 2019 will be built & delivered before mine (mine ordered in later December) is even processed - so he gets his in spring and I get mine in summer from this particular dealer. I believe I heard all of that right. I've got an email filter set to blast out a loud GT350 drag/pull wav file when he emails me next with hopefully some updates (the last email was to come by & pick up 2019 GT350 pre-order swag). Though the winter means its just as well this is put off still the waiting is the hardest part (T.Petty). Cheers. BTW - The rumors of engine block changes to xplane makes no sense ESPECIALLY as a mid or late season change. The 2019 GT350/R order details and all the literature is voodoo/FLAT-plane-crank centric. Mine is being built to order mid to late summer....fpc for sure.
(fixed xplane to fpc)

Last edited:

vancouver_voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019
As it was explained to me by my dealer (owner - he manages their Shelby program) it depends on where in the allocation order you are for your respective dealer in that the factory scheduling is done to spread out allocations in time (I imagine that keeps values up for any dealer orders & stocking). So my dealer has 2 allocations for 350's (no R's). The 1st one was sold to a guy (ordered in early Dec) who's 2018 was bought back after engine failure & replacement meant no numbers match. His 2019 will be built & delivered before mine (mine ordered in later December) is even processed - so he gets his in spring and I get mine in summer from this particular dealer. I believe I heard all of that right. I've got an email filter set to blast out a loud GT350 drag/pull wav file when he emails me next with hopefully some updates (the last email was to come by & pick up 2019 GT350 pre-order swag). Though the winter means its just as well this is put off still the waiting is the hardest part (T.Petty). Cheers. BTW - The rumors of engine block changes makes no sense ESPECIALLY as a mid or late season change. The 2019 GT350/R order details and all the literature is coyote/cross-plane-crank centric. Mine is being built to order mid to late summer....with a coyote I'm certain.
What’s considered pre order? I ordered mine in Jan. And what kind of swag did you get?

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
As it was explained to me by my dealer (owner - he manages their Shelby program) it depends on where in the allocation order you are for your respective dealer in that the factory scheduling is done to spread out allocations in time (I imagine that keeps values up for any dealer orders & stocking). So my dealer has 2 allocations for 350's (no R's). The 1st one was sold to a guy (ordered in early Dec) who's 2018 was bought back after engine failure & replacement meant no numbers match. His 2019 will be built & delivered before mine (mine ordered in later December) is even processed - so he gets his in spring and I get mine in summer from this particular dealer. I believe I heard all of that right. I've got an email filter set to blast out a loud GT350 drag/pull wav file when he emails me next with hopefully some updates (the last email was to come by & pick up 2019 GT350 pre-order swag). Though the winter means its just as well this is put off still the waiting is the hardest part (T.Petty). Cheers. BTW - The rumors of engine block changes makes no sense ESPECIALLY as a mid or late season change. The 2019 GT350/R order details and all the literature is coyote/cross-plane-crank centric. Mine is being built to order mid to late summer....with a coyote I'm certain.
Interesting... I hope mine isn't coming with a cross plane coyote! I kinda had my heart set on the flat plane voodoo personally....

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Also, it's not mid/late season, the 1st 2019 gt350's started being built in february...

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
My buddy just got his VIN about 15 minutes ago for his GT350 (not an R). Expected delivery May 30... so the 2019 is in production and being held up for the revised block.
The "so the 2019 is in production and being held up for the revised block" part seems doubtful - there's no way he (or I) preordered a vehicle heavily marketed for it's voodoo flat-plane-crank engine only to have that changed despite the advertised current and printed configuration information. My dealer laughed when I mentioned that rumor in early Feb agreeing that such things aren't done as a surprise or midyear (and it is midyear 2019 despite GT350's only starting their assy run).

Sponsored

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
What’s considered pre order? I ordered mine in Jan. And what kind of swag did you get?
Sorry man - should have been FLAT not xplane crank.
I'll take a pic of the swag this weekend & will post it.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Also, it's not mid/late season, the 1st 2019 gt350's started being built in february...
AFIK the model year starts when they started making the platform Mustangs that they get scheduled with. I believe thats what my Dealer contact considers the time frames - he always related it time after the base platform production volume was half way through its production. This time Mustang 2019 start/Job1 was early @End of June 2018 for 2019's. It's 8 months later now - we're mid year - mine will be built late year on an towards end of the year 2019 roller (I'm told my GT350 delivery is late June or possibly July). Check out the final orders due date for 2019's is early May and 2020 production starts Aug ==>: https://www.donlen.com/buildstart-ford.html

On the production year topic - The GT500 VIN 001 that multi-millionaire Barrett Jackson (the guy) won the bid for at the charity auction is one where he can choose the color for "what will be" the "production spec" unit that will be VIN's as 001. How can he choose? Because it doesn't exist yet. The 500's they showed at auction & at the debuit & other car shows are presumably non production prototypes built on a 2019 chassis with a fake debut date in place of a VIN. They're proto marketing tools. Just just like the camouflaged prototype(s) that has been used & photographed as street testing mules for the last couple of years can not be a 2020 VIN and had to be built on).

Last edited:

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
The point is it wouldn't be a "change" since they hadn't started producing them yet. Doesn't matter though.

OP
OP
Shipey

Shipey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt.
The "so the 2019 is in production and being held up for the revised block" part seems doubtful - there's no way he (or I) preordered a vehicle heavily marketed for it's voodoo flat-plane-crank engine only to have that changed despite the advertised current and printed configuration information. My dealer laughed when I mentioned that rumor in early Feb agreeing that such things aren't done as a surprise or midyear (and it is midyear 2019 despite GT350's only starting their assy run).
Thanks for seeing my typo. I missed the word "not". From what I've read, they will use up the current supply of GT350 blocks, then switch to the reinforced block designed for the GT500 (IMO, if the GT350 even lives beyond the 2019 model).

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
The point is it wouldn't be a "change" since they hadn't started producing them yet. Doesn't matter though.
It would be a radical change from what what they advertise & say they are building and what I ordered <shrug>
Sponsored