Sponsored

Dropped my car off this morning at the Ford dealership to have the bumper get fixed.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
My GT 350 has the dreaded bumper sag. Mine will be the first car that they have done. I’m super anxious. I hate leaving my car at the dealership. I’ll include before and after pictures when I get it back. Hopefully the difference will be significant.
Sponsored

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
I fear I'm going to need to do this too.

OP
OP
Nfs1000f

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
Got the car back and the difference is nearly indistinguishable. Really disappointed. Dealer said he had 2 guys working 4hrs. Said the new gap is the best they could do. One positive is I cannot move the bumper as easily vertically as I could before the fix which means the new brackets must be stronger and future sagging should be eliminated. No pictures because there is no point.
Dealer said he will not do another bumper fix because the hours allotted by Ford are not enough.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Yup they only are supposed to use 1.7 hr. total. It sure looks like just a band aid fix to me. Your talking trimming tabs with scissors, screws, rivets compression wedges, etc. I'll just leave mine alone rather than take a chance of it end up screwed up worse. You would have thought they would have just made new brackets that would pull it up snug and be done with it.

Sponsored

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Maybe ill drop my wife off at the dealership to get the bumper sag fixed.
Maybe it's just time to trade for the newest hot model. Sorry (j/k), couldn't resist. :lol:

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer told me the tsb was for a new rear bumper support. Mine is going in Tues. I don't know how your dealer can let it leave the shop with no improvement. I would raise hell.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
My dealer told me the tsb was for a new rear bumper support. Mine is going in Tues. I don't know how your dealer can let it leave the shop with no improvement. I would raise hell.
My dealer said don’t do it. I agreed. He said it was a no guarantee... I said, “I agree.”

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Well its not just a new bumper support they as I said cut, rivet, screws, stick on compression wedges and only allow 1.7 hr. and then state if still excessive may be caused by bent or broken tabs/clips on the bumper cover and connecting brackets or mis-positioned brackets. TSB with pictures is 18-2107. If no improvement you can raise hell all you want but I guarantee you they won't try to do it all over again and possibly screw it up worse with all the process involved.

OP
OP
Nfs1000f

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
Well its not just a new bumper support they as I said cut, rivet, screws, stick on compression wedges and only allow 1.7 hr. and then state if still excessive may be caused by bent or broken tabs/clips on the bumper cover and connecting brackets or mis-positioned brackets. TSB with pictures is 18-2107. If no improvement you can raise hell all you want but I guarantee you they won't try to do it all over again and possibly screw it up worse with all the process involved.
Exactly.