Sad, possible loss….

Adotcaruso86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
Hey everyone, this comes with embarrassment to even post/ask for help….as well as sadness. I won’t get into how it happened but it did. Long story short, the car is in perfect shape, 6,000 miles, minus the obvious damage. My insurance company has an estimate at 24k right now but telling me “no one will do this big of a job” and is recommending a total loss. I’m torn. If I find a place that is capable of fixing it, will it ever be the same? Is it best to take the check and find something new? I’m literally heartbroken and don’t feel like I deserve anything anymore but looking for any help my fear is if there is a collision location with the capabilities to fix it, is it worth it? I never plan, or want to sell it but the obvious is the value will be extremely diminished

thanks in advance
C5A53EDC-D2FE-40BA-A206-BEC9688DF736.jpeg

A5E61597-670F-4DF9-9F68-E5FD6A119B2F.jpeg
Sponsored

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Damn dude. Nothing for you but sorry…

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
What is their TL payout?

OP
OP
Adotcaruso86

Adotcaruso86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
i havent received that yet. they told me it takes a while since the car is hard to get a fmv for? im guessing around 49k? based on trade in value plus a little? he told me the TL value would be basically the value the car would sell for on a car lot prior to the accident? im so confused by the entire thing.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Ouch! First off, hopefully nobody was injured. What are they showing as repair items? That front axle is toast, any frame damage? If they’re estimating $24k that might be too far gone for repairs. Personally, if the payout for totaling it is a good number, I’d probably take it and see if you can find another Bullitt.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Adotcaruso86

Adotcaruso86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
i was lucky enough to find a dealer late in 2020 that had one on the lot during covid,,,gave me all incentives plus 0% so i owe 36k so im guessing at best i walk away with like 10-12 k

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
12k down goes a long way on a new DH. And I love my Mach 1 and I'd still recommend TL, looking at a DH in 18 months.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
That bites

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
It looks like a loss to me, sorry to say.

I would say the insurance isn’t going to give you what you’re expecting either. I don’t wanna be that guy, but personally I would expect less. I would also rather be unexpectedly happy with their offer rather than disappointed, so I would expect less either way…

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Take the payout, pay it off and use the remaining cash to slide into a new one. As much as I love my Bullitt, that’s what I would do if I were faced with a similar situation.

Sponsored

thompsje

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
That sucks, but nearly anything can be fixed. If you really have a connection to the car, see what you can do to keep it. It's just metal.

I had a '95 M3 that I crashed... Folded the driver's side front wheel completely under the car, lots of ancillary damage. Insurance didn't total it, and it took 6 weeks to put back together. And when I picked it up it looked perfect and drove just as well. I was shocked, but I kept it for another 4 years because I loved that car and there was no way you could tell it had ever been damaged.

Also, if you want to keep the car, the concept of diminished value doesn't really apply. Even in a broader context, it's a bullshit concept that raises rates for everybody. Yeah, you might take a hit on resale because of it, but that's life. If it's fixed competently, it will be indistinguishable from stock.

sean p

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350 Velocity blue w/black stripe
Sorry about the car, in my experience the repair time could take a lot longer than thought. Had my shelby rear ended last year, and it took about 6 months for the dealership to fix. There was not even close to the damage you have, but it could also vary on dealer and location. Sorry again, good luck in you're decision .
IMG_2686.jpg
IMG_2687.jpg
IMG_2688.jpg

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
i havent received that yet. they told me it takes a while since the car is hard to get a fmv for? im guessing around 49k? based on trade in value plus a little? he told me the TL value would be basically the value the car would sell for on a car lot prior to the accident? im so confused by the entire thing.
i've got an unofficial black belt in dealing with insurance companies.

1. a bullitt with 6k miles is a new car
2. a new GT with those features is mid-high 50's bro and it still won't be a bullitt.
3. sorry for your loss.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
If all the damage is with the sub frame and suspension then you can do a complete aftermarket setup and end up with a better then new one. Providing your insurance will let you go with a aftermarket sub and suspension.

OP
OP
Adotcaruso86

Adotcaruso86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
i've got an unofficial black belt in dealing with insurance companies.

1. a bullitt with 6k miles is a new car
2. a new GT with those features is mid-high 50's bro and it still won't be a bullitt.
3. sorry for your loss.

thanks man---been a rough pill to swallow but i guess its my penace for no one getting hurt...are you saying you think i should have a decent TL value?
Sponsored