Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
ad is incorrect. i see at least 4 mods.

1. filter
2. shifter knob
3. spoiler install
4. rear emblem replaced with bullitt letters
2-4 are correct, but the filter is not really a mod. That's just another filter that you can get. It looks like Airraid, I have the same one, looks identical to the Ford performance one for the same money, just different color.
Sponsored

StangersInTheNight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Just got the word…53k minus 1k deductible, paid 50,500 after TTL….There is a ‘19 bullitt for 44k with 15k miles. Same options, recaro and magneride….
What happened to the other $1,500?

raidernixon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 & 16 GT; 20 GT500 CFTP; 21 Mach 1
Did any airbags deploy? What kind of impact speed was there?

From the limited, photos this seems to be repairable without a salvage title hit, but it wont be cheap with labor being the primary cost driver and wait time being the annoyance factor. My father's F150 took a hit just like this a few years ago and it ended up being about $18K and 2 months in the shop. Most of that was labor, who knows how much of it was inflated for the insurance bill. I will say the truck drove and looked as if nothing ever happened to it when Ford was done with it and no salvage title applied, but it did have an accident on the record. Not apples to apples of course but just some perspective.

I'm not patient, so personally I'd walk away from it and let it be someone else's problem, especially if you can come ahead on another one.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
OP
OP
Adotcaruso86

Adotcaruso86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
What happened to the other $1,500?
sorry- I bought the car back in 2020 for $50,500. Somehow It sounds like I’m getting more than I even paid for it. The 19 that’s for sale near me is 44k with 15,700 miles. Front splitter is damaged but that seems like the only thing wrong with it. I guess if I drop the 16k down on this one I just found I’d have the optioned car, with 10k miles more but 6k less on a loan

Sponsored

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Hey everyone, this comes with embarrassment to even post/ask for help….as well as sadness. I won’t get into how it happened but it did. Long story short, the car is in perfect shape, 6,000 miles, minus the obvious damage. My insurance company has an estimate at 24k right now but telling me “no one will do this big of a job” and is recommending a total loss. I’m torn. If I find a place that is capable of fixing it, will it ever be the same? Is it best to take the check and find something new? I’m literally heartbroken and don’t feel like I deserve anything anymore but looking for any help my fear is if there is a collision location with the capabilities to fix it, is it worth it? I never plan, or want to sell it but the obvious is the value will be extremely diminished

thanks in advance
C5A53EDC-D2FE-40BA-A206-BEC9688DF736.jpeg

A5E61597-670F-4DF9-9F68-E5FD6A119B2F.jpeg
Anything can be fixed... question is, "is it worth it"? Find out what the TL value is ($$$ check to you)... Depending on what you owe and your walkaway cash balance, you might be able to buy back it. Could be a fun project if you have the means!

feeny1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'21 Canyon Denali LB, ‘19 ATS-V
I’m in a similar situation with my GT350. See “A Sad Day” thread in the gt350 section for my mess. I’m at over 3 weeks and still waiting on the full estimate from my repair shop. My insurance told me it’s 70% for a total loss, not 50%. Sorry to hear about your misfortune, and good luck with the car.

OP
OP
Adotcaruso86

Adotcaruso86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
I guess I’m confused by a lot of this situation. My insurance is telling me “no one wants to do this kind of work” well if the value is 53k and the preliminary settlement is 24k after they put in on a rack and did their observations, aren’t we pretty far off from a total loss? In PA, he told me we don’t have a % value of total loss but is 50% really horrendous? Also, maybe the forum can give me guidance…

clearly there is front frame rail damage, but on the estimate it says something about pulling the frame from the rear and 8 hours of labor? All doors open and close fine. Trunk fine. There is no mention of doing anything being done to the frame on the front except the engine cradle Being replaced

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I guess I’m confused by a lot of this situation. My insurance is telling me “no one wants to do this kind of work” well if the value is 53k and the preliminary settlement is 24k after they put in on a rack and did their observations, aren’t we pretty far off from a total loss? In PA, he told me we don’t have a % value of total loss but is 50% really horrendous? Also, maybe the forum can give me guidance…

clearly there is front frame rail damage, but on the estimate it says something about pulling the frame from the rear and 8 hours of labor? All doors open and close fine. Trunk fine. There is no mention of doing anything being done to the frame on the front except the engine cradle Being replaced
Insurance companies used to have this thing where they feel that any unibody damage over 8 hours is a straight up lie. When I was an adjuster I would write 2 hrs for set & measure then 8 hrs for the actual pull. If the shop and I agreed it needed more I would put time on strut towers, rails, radiator support etc etc till we came up with what was needed to do a proper repair. But again a lot of time the car would total from open items, hidden damage etc. With the total loss figure they are offering take the money and run. I am sorry you have to go through this but it sounds like you're going to be Allright. Maybe buy the other car and go FI. That should make you feel better. Good luck to you and thank God no one was hurt. After listening to your story I'm glad I'm retired from this business I used to get too upset over cases like this I sometimes had more trouble with it than the owner did. There are a lot of great Mustangs out there and I'm sure you'll find one that you love.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Adotcaruso86

Adotcaruso86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
Insurance companies used to have this thing where they feel that any unibody damage over 8 hours is a straight up lie. When I was an adjuster I would write 2 hrs for set & measure then 8 hrs for the actual pull. If the shop and I agreed it needed more I would put time on strut towers, rails, radiator support etc etc till we came up with what was needed to do a proper repair. But again a lot of time the car would total from open items, hidden damage etc. With the total loss figure they are offering take the money and run. I am sorry you have to go through this but it sounds like you're going to be Allright. Maybe buy the other car and go FI. That should make you feel better. Good luck to you and thank God no one was hurt. After listening to your story I'm glad I'm retired from this business I used to get too upset over cases like this I sometimes had more trouble with it than the owner did. There are a lot of great Mustangs out there and I'm sure you'll find one that you love.
Thanks man. I appreciate it. It just seems all so weird to me but that’s not the business I am in. You said “buy another car and go FI”. What’s “FI”?

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Thanks man. I appreciate it. It just seems all so weird to me but that’s not the business I am in. You said “buy another car and go FI”. What’s “FI”?
Supercharger yeah. That would put a little zing in your life don't you think.

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Just got the word…53k minus 1k deductible, paid 50,500 after TTL….There is a ‘19 bullitt for 44k with 15k miles. Same options, recaro and magneride….
I traded my 2019 with 4219 miles end of Aug, originally they listed it for $53k but still there for $47,990. Does not have magneride or recaros. Salesman was great Ben Kairalla at Palm Beach Mazda. I had the maintenance plan from Ford, synthetic oil, new wiper blades every 8 months. Had it almost 3 years, built right before switch over to 2020

OP
OP
Adotcaruso86

Adotcaruso86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
I’m guessing my only real option, or actual one that makes sense is to take the payout and wait for the market to cool down. Maybe I can pick up a bullitt next year with the similar options or something. Whole thing is just depressing.

FuzzyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Race Red GT350
Hey everyone, this comes with embarrassment to even post/ask for help….as well as sadness. I won’t get into how it happened but it did. Long story short, the car is in perfect shape, 6,000 miles, minus the obvious damage. My insurance company has an estimate at 24k right now but telling me “no one will do this big of a job” and is recommending a total loss. I’m torn. If I find a place that is capable of fixing it, will it ever be the same? Is it best to take the check and find something new? I’m literally heartbroken and don’t feel like I deserve anything anymore but looking for any help my fear is if there is a collision location with the capabilities to fix it, is it worth it? I never plan, or want to sell it but the obvious is the value will be extremely diminished

thanks in advance
C5A53EDC-D2FE-40BA-A206-BEC9688DF736.jpeg

A5E61597-670F-4DF9-9F68-E5FD6A119B2F.jpeg
Its confusing that there is no one wanting to take on this "big of a job" - it isn't all that big or complicated of a job. Unless there's is significant unibody damage.
It sounds like your Ins. company has an adjuster that is taking the easy way out. I'd keep pushing for a fix, especially if this car has some meaning or sentimental value to you.
Sponsored