geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Up to 600 miles before recharge.
You only get that if you drive it like grandma, with no A/C. That's why I said under WOT you get a half hour of fun followed by hours of charging.

And they corner flat, but very wide.
Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
You only get that if you drive it like grandma, with no A/C. That's why I said under WOT you get a half hour of fun followed by hours of charging.

And they corner flat, but very wide.

I’ve had enough. You win. I’ll tell Tesla, GM, Ford, Jaguar, etc. that all these billions inversted in EV is wrong and point them to this thread. I’m sure they will be swayed by your arguments :like:

draph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT PP1
Is this talking up of EVs on sites like this one what one might call "grass roots marketing"? Sorry, I'm not buying until I can have an EV do a 500 mile road trip in -2 degree weather, running the heated seats, heated steering wheel, the rear defroster, and keeping the interior a consistent 68 degrees Fahrenheit....and when it's time for a recharge, I can "fill it up" in 5 minutes or less at any one of 20,000 charging stations evenly scattered around the country, for less than the cost of filling up a mainstream IC auto with gasoline...and I don't need to sponge off of the hardworking taxpayers for a subsidy to get the price down to IC car levels. ...not to mention the potential treat of watching my car burn for 3 or 4 hours if I get into an accident. "Gear head" is a misnomer when talking about them getting enthusiastic about Teslas IMHO...more like electronics and software heads...gearheads like "gears" and "mechanisms" they actually control with their own hands...Tesla gearheads might be better described as Tesla "gamers". While I agree there's some novelty with interfacing with a CPU that maximizes acceleration for 0-60 in under 3.5 seconds, I think that novelty would wear off much faster than a case where I can achieve maximum acceleration for a 0-60 in under 4.7 seconds in the *choices* I make myself with regard to my shift points, throttle position when I drop the clutch from 0-mph, and how I use my senses to control my choices based on the sound the engine makes, how much the tires chirp and the tail wags on upshifts, the crackle of the exhaust on the overrun, etc...So, I will continue to let the early adopters stroke their egos as they trounce IC sports cars in the stoplight drags while I enjoy my own choice...and let liberty and free market principles continue to reign without regulation and subsidies designed to favor special interests with the biggest PACs and lobbying budgets. I'm still looking for my "I support photosynthesis" bumper stickers to put above my quad tailpipes...

draph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT PP1
I’ve had enough. You win. I’ll tell Tesla, GM, Ford, Jaguar, etc. that all these billions inversted in EV is wrong and point them to this thread. I’m sure they will be swayed by your arguments :like:
You do remember what the prior administration was doing with CAFE regulations, right? You do know the government mandates in CA, right? If they want to stay in business where the Government socially engineers the markets, they must invest the billions the way the almighty Government mandates. There is a lot of money at stake...to the point political parties funded by the non-IC engine special interests just might get really nasty and uncivil and desperate to get political parties that don't agree with them on "the future of electric cars" and "environmentalism" out of power. In my car, the right foot accelerates me forward, while the left foot disengages positive progress for my freedom and liberty to move about my country the way I choose.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Is this talking up of EVs on sites like this one what one might call "grass roots marketing"? Sorry, I'm not buying until I can have an EV do a 500 mile road trip in -2 degree weather, running the heated seats, heated steering wheel, the rear defroster, and keeping the interior a consistent 68 degrees Fahrenheit....and when it's time for a recharge, I can "fill it up" in 5 minutes or less at any one of 20,000 charging stations evenly scattered around the country, for less than the cost of filling up a mainstream IC auto with gasoline...and I don't need to sponge off of the hardworking taxpayers for a subsidy to get the price down to IC car levels. ...not to mention the potential treat of watching my car burn for 3 or 4 hours if I get into an accident. "Gear head" is a misnomer when talking about them getting enthusiastic about Teslas IMHO...more like electronics and software heads...gearheads like "gears" and "mechanisms" they actually control with their own hands...Tesla gearheads might be better described as Tesla "gamers". While I agree there's some novelty with interfacing with a CPU that maximizes acceleration for 0-60 in under 3.5 seconds, I think that novelty would wear off much faster than a case where I can achieve maximum acceleration for a 0-60 in under 4.7 seconds in the *choices* I make myself with regard to my shift points, throttle position when I drop the clutch from 0-mph, and how I use my senses to control my choices based on the sound the engine makes, how much the tires chirp and the tail wags on upshifts, the crackle of the exhaust on the overrun, etc...So, I will continue to let the early adopters stroke their egos as they trounce IC sports cars in the stoplight drags while I enjoy my own choice...and let liberty and free market principles continue to reign without regulation and subsidies designed to favor special interests with the biggest PACs and lobbying budgets. I'm still looking for my "I support photosynthesis" bumper stickers to put above my quad tailpipes...

Ok, even though I said I was out of here, your post seems totally honest so here goes. I don’t work for Ford so no conspiracy to get you used to the idea of the EV Mustang. I’m just another guy.

You won’t get bored with the acceleration. I worked with a guy that built a hot rod out of this 69 Camaro. I knew that outfit that built the engine as they built racing engines and the gearing was so extreame the engine was roaring as we just babied that car down the neighbourhood streets. Anyway, we came to this empty street and he just nailed it! I actually was pinned to the seat and my guts got pushed back! The same way they do in the Tesla’s but these are even more extreme. That is memorable and not forgettable. And that is not a new feeling but an old one. look at it as a “fix” or as a drug dependency that can get worse, but you will never kick. Think of it like that.

Speed and acceleration sell. It’s as plain as that! Speed and acceleration first - then we talk about the other stuff. I guess you could say that speed and acceleration are important to most people looking at performance cars. Always has and always will - at least in North America.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
You do remember what the prior administration was doing with CAFE regulations, right? You do know the government mandates in CA, right? If they want to stay in business where the Government socially engineers the markets, they must invest the billions the way the almighty Government mandates. There is a lot of money at stake...to the point political parties funded by the non-IC engine special interests just might get really nasty and uncivil and desperate to get political parties that don't agree with them on "the future of electric cars" and "environmentalism" out of power. In my car, the right foot accelerates me forward, while the left foot disengages positive progress for my freedom and liberty to move about my country the way I choose.

For what’s it’s worth I’m a Canadian in Toronto. Our drive clean checks end in April. Now you can do whatever you want. The subsidy for buying an electric car was also cancelled. Tesla says it wants to sue. And the carbon tax (cap and trade) has ended in our province. So things can change!

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang

Yup! Tesla can suck our dicks cause we now have our own EV!

2022stang.jpg

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
It wasn't even the point that I thought the engine would break down the road it was the mere fact that my brand new bad a$$ 2017 Mustang sounded like a piece of crap every where I drove...not worth paying for the price of cars these days and not being 100% satisfied...to add an additive or something to the oil to quiet down a noise in my opinion is not normal...to that note if an additive is added who's to say Ford wouldn't blame the ticking on something that was added to the vehicle outside of factory specs...I am now driving my winter beater (96 Olds 88) which makes some noises, but is to be expected with a car that is 22 years old, not one that is 1 year old
what was the diagnosis of your car that Ford agreed to buy it back?

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
I was never impressed by fox bodies. My 91 trans am even with just a catback lost to only one and it had a pretty big cam and full exhaust on big and littles. My 2004 5 cylinder Colorado beat a full exhaust fox from a roll as well. They were quick but nothing to write home about, especially by today's standards. I mean they were still pretty much a mid 14 second car in stock trim with the occasional "stock" ringer pulling off a very high 13. With some basic mods they woke up pretty well but modded cars aren't arguable since everything goes out the window at that point.

Also, the mustang didn't come out in 1987. It got a mild styling upgrade and a small power bump thanks to a new ecu setup ..
91 T/A's were 14 second cars
I smoked plenty of 80's early 90 f body's in my 210 hp 4 eyed 5.0. Never raced a Colorado....still got it?
The 87MY had more than just a "new ecu" setup from the prior years. I spent plenty of time in an 87 GT as well.
The king of the 80's was the Buick

Noggles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
91 T/A's were 14 second cars
I smoked plenty of 80's early 90 f body's in my 210 hp 4 eyed 5.0. Never raced a Colorado....still got it?
The 87MY had more than just a "new ecu" setup from the prior years. I spent plenty of time in an 87 GT as well.
The king of the 80's was the Buick
That car wasn't anything special but it was a monster from a stop light because of the TPI. Beat many a car is shouldn't have in it lol. Stupidly sold the colorado about 5 years ago or so and now it lives somewhere in New Mexico. It wasn't anything special either, cold air intake and a tune that only turned off the speed limiter and reduced torque management.

Sponsored
OP
OP
p411mstang

p411mstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT
No diagnosis...the fact that it was at the dealer for over 30 days (39 days) and never touched (awaiting teardown) qualified it for a buyback...just turned it in Saturday....it's a done deal

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
But reality is that hybrids rule the track.
You keep regurgitating this false information as if it's gospel.

You also conveniently leave out the fact that a good portion of the Tesla's acceleration is due to the fact that it has an AWD drivetrain.

Put slicks on the Mustang, and the dynamic changes considerably.

I won't even address your laughable comments on the Foxbody. I cut my teeth on them 20 years ago. They were the cat's ass back then, now I look at them as junk.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
You keep regurgitating this false information as if it's gospel.

You also conveniently leave out the fact that a good portion of the Tesla's acceleration is due to the fact that it has an AWD drivetrain.

Put slicks on the Mustang, and the dynamic changes considerably.

I won't even address your laughable comments on the Foxbody. I cut my teeth on them 20 years ago. They were the cat's ass back then, now I look at them as junk.

Put slicks on the Tesla and the dynamic gap is larger. They are still on skinny factory tires. They will get faster through software updates as they just came out. AWD? It doesn’t matter - the car is faster! Make the Mustang four wheel drive...

And yes the era the car was made matters evaluating the car. When I was a young man that was “the” car to get. That was the car that ruled the roads back then. Not like now.

And yes the Grand National was faster but you hardly ever saw them. I knew two guys that had one. One guy added an Art Carr transmission but wasn’t aggressive on the street. Same with the other guy, but not his wife. She continuously broke rear axles racing guys and humiliating them. I saw her once nail it blowing the doors off this guy in an industrial area. But that was it for that car.

For what is worth the Tesla Model 3 Performance should make it into the 2s for 0-60 with just a wheel and tire change. That is the reality!

Oh crap: I forgot your first comment. Hybrids rule the track as that is all you find in F1!

Last edited:

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
100% clueless.

six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
That really sucks OP, but you seem to have gotten out of it. Best of luck with the next car.

^^Fatguy I don't get why you constantly shill for hybrids and EVs on this forum. It makes me wonder if you even have a mustang. I don't get it. If you have one do why don't you trade it in for a Prius V?
Sponsored