Sponsored

S550 may be eliminated sooner rather then later...

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
It will certainly be interesting to see what happens to ICE "specialty" vehicles as the market reaches some tipping point with either sales or market saturation of EV's. I'd be willing to bet the value of ICE vehicles will increase and prices will even go higher for both new and used.
Second hand yes, but if it is not legal to sell them new, it will be irrelevant.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
because there’s no comparison as far as raw torque and sound of a 289/302/351/428/429/5.0 pushrod, a modern 4.6 DOHC or the more modern Coyote 5.0 or 5.2 VooDoo.
I'm no EV fanatic or anything, but it clearly shows you've never been in performance EV car if you think that those don't have the torque capabilities of an ICE.

Sound I agree.

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
I'm no EV fanatic or anything, but it clearly shows you've never been in performance EV car if you think that those don't have the torque capabilities of an ICE.

Sound I agree.
I mean a model s vs the hoonicorn really says it all.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
You can have too much of a good thing!
I'll think about worrying about it when it hits 1600+ parts per million like it was many thousands of years ago when the number of life forms exploded and stepped out of the oceans, and the land became covered with plants.

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Not to say that an abundance of CO2 in the atmosphere won't make some incremental environment changes, but we could burn all of the fossil fuel that exists over the next 25 years and it will still only have incremental changes. Once it is gone, sure, incremental changes will still occur. So basically, whether fossil fuel is used or not, incremental changes to the environment will still happen. Some will change how some people live, but for the most part nothing major will change. For all we know, when fossil fuels are no longer used, it could have a different "negative" impact.

As for ICEVs disappearing, I'm not concerned, I will use whatever ICEV's that are available until I croak. I am not against EV's btw, I just have not seen any that have me wanting to get one. I am sure at some point that will change. Still won't have me give up at least some of the gassers I have.

One other thing....why do people go to watch a vehicle race, cars, bikes, whatever? Also if it is drag or track? By in large, most people go for the sound. Sure they like the speed, but take away the sound and it becomes quite boring. Unless there is an untapped crowd of spectators who hate the sound aspect, racing in general will die off. I guess you could come up with a fake way to make sound....maybe that would help?

Anyway, I'm sure someone will claim none of that matters as long as we have "cleaner air to breathe". Maybe they are right, but I still want my ability to tinker and hear and feel the car I drive, but that is just me. I do think the earth has a better chance to be hit by a meteor than cars causing global catastrophe. :cool:

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
But think for a minute why most car makers (including Ford) are going mostly EV? Markets are banning ICE cars so there will be no ICE market at all. Not saying it is right or wrong, but just reality.
The reality is that even though new ICE powered vehicles will wain, the roads will still be flooded with ICE powered vehicles for some time to come. So, get 'em while they're hot!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I'll think about worrying about it when it hits 1600+ parts per million like it was many thousands of years ago when the number of life forms exploded and stepped out of the oceans, and the land became covered with plants.
Oh dear - that old silly comment.

Try looking a bit harder at the real information and data and you will find how silly that is. You may also notice that humans were not around then :cwl:

It was also millions of years not thousands .......

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Not to say that an abundance of CO2 in the atmosphere won't make some incremental environment changes, but we could burn all of the fossil fuel that exists over the next 25 years and it will still only have incremental changes. Once it is gone, sure, incremental changes will still occur. So basically, whether fossil fuel is used or not, incremental changes to the environment will still happen. Some will change how some people live, but for the most part nothing major will change. For all we know, when fossil fuels are no longer used, it could have a different "negative" impact.

As for ICEVs disappearing, I'm not concerned, I will use whatever ICEV's that are available until I croak. I am not against EV's btw, I just have not seen any that have me wanting to get one. I am sure at some point that will change. Still won't have me give up at least some of the gassers I have.

One other thing....why do people go to watch a vehicle race, cars, bikes, whatever? Also if it is drag or track? By in large, most people go for the sound. Sure they like the speed, but take away the sound and it becomes quite boring. Unless there is an untapped crowd of spectators who hate the sound aspect, racing in general will die off. I guess you could come up with a fake way to make sound....maybe that would help?

Anyway, I'm sure someone will claim none of that matters as long as we have "cleaner air to breathe". Maybe they are right, but I still want my ability to tinker and hear and feel the car I drive, but that is just me. I do think the earth has a better chance to be hit by a meteor than cars causing global catastrophe. :cool:
Well those that watch Formula E and Extreme E don't go for the sound!

Using the word incremental doesn't really diminish the effects of greenhouse gasses. If you had any idea about what the burning of all the fossil fuels in the next 25 years would do you wouldn't have made such a silly comment. It would be completely impossible for a start!

I would love to know what this 'negative' effect is going to be. We didn't burn fossil fuels in any quantity until about 200 years ago, so plenty of evidence what happens if we don't do it.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
The reality is that even though new ICE powered vehicles will wain, the roads will still be flooded with ICE powered vehicles for some time to come. So, get 'em while they're hot!
They will disappear quicker than you think considering the average car age is just over 8 years. So by 2040 in Europe there will be very few ICE cars left. Once the numbers drop then the infrastructure needed to support them will quickly vanish too.

I agree they probably are at their best now, so indeed make the most of them.

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Well those that watch Formula E and Extreme E don't go for the sound!

Using the word incremental doesn't really diminish the effects of greenhouse gasses. If you had any idea about what the burning of all the fossil fuels in the next 25 years would do you wouldn't have made such a silly comment. It would be completely impossible for a start!

I would love to know what this 'negative' effect is going to be. We didn't burn fossil fuels in any quantity until about 200 years ago, so plenty of evidence what happens if we don't do it.
So you say and that is fine although it does not mean you are right or wrong, just your opinion. My point is that the changes are incremental and not all due to fossil fuels. It has influenced it in a direction, but it is so small most people do not notice any change. Another point was that whether we burn or not burn fossil fuels the environment will still incrementally change. So at some point the changes could be deemed negative to someone somewhere...whatever it is. Just keep in mind that even though climate change is real, the data does not back up the over-hyped hysteria that the end of the world will commence in the next 100 years due to us driving gas cars. Also, are you saying catastrophic climate change due to human intervention is more likely than a catastrophic meteor strike, a devasting solar flare or us humans blowing the planet up? I think the latter are much more likely.

As for formula E etc....do you really want me to post some links? It is glorified go-kart racing, which has lost millions every year. They give away as many tickets as they sell. Granted, if you turn off the sound, it will look fairly similar to Formula One, but you can't do that in person. Also, only having races of 20-30 laps is sorta self-defeating for racing. If you like it though, more (green) power to ya. :beer:

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
They will disappear quicker than you think considering the average car age is just over 8 years. So by 2040 in Europe there will be very few ICE cars left. Once the numbers drop then the infrastructure needed to support them will quickly vanish too.

Are you saying 8 years is the avg age a new owner keeps the car or the avg age of all cars?

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350

The average car life is way longer than 8 years. Even if the last ICE car is sold in 2030 they will be around a long time. The real question is if they will be taxed so much that they will be impossible to run. The EU i can totally see doing that. The US there would be all sort of out cry about it being regressive.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
So you say and that is fine although it does not mean you are right or wrong, just your opinion. My point is that the changes are incremental and not all due to fossil fuels. It has influenced it in a direction, but it is so small most people do not notice any change. Another point was that whether we burn or not burn fossil fuels the environment will still incrementally change. So at some point the changes could be deemed negative to someone somewhere...whatever it is. Just keep in mind that even though climate change is real, the data does not back up the over-hyped hysteria that the end of the world will commence in the next 100 years due to us driving gas cars. Also, are you saying catastrophic climate change due to human intervention is more likely than a catastrophic meteor strike, a devasting solar flare or us humans blowing the planet up? I think the latter are much more likely.

As for formula E etc....do you really want me to post some links? It is glorified go-kart racing, which has lost millions every year. They give away as many tickets as they sell. Granted, if you turn off the sound, it will look fairly similar to Formula One, but you can't do that in person. Also, only having races of 20-30 laps is sorta self-defeating for racing. If you like it though, more (green) power to ya. :beer:
Indeed - but my opinion is aligned with experts in climatology, not sure what your opinion is aligned with ?

As regards meteor strikes and solar flares - again no data to back up 'your opinion' - maybe you can provide some. There is a fundamental difference between something that is actually happening and something that may happen.

I'm not 'green' - I drive a Mustang V8 :cwl:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
The average car life is way longer than 8 years. Even if the last ICE car is sold in 2030 they will be around a long time. The real question is if they will be taxed so much that they will be impossible to run. The EU i can totally see doing that. The US there would be all sort of out cry about it being regressive.
Average car age is not the same as average car life.

Many of the really old cars do low mileage so contribute little to anything. I can assure you that there is nothing 'regressive' going on in Europe. Ironically the average age of vehicles in the US is nearly 14 years - so actually we are more progressive embracing progress. :cwl:

1643707613602.png
Sponsored