Sponsored

S550 may be eliminated sooner rather then later...

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Formula E Viewership: 316M - that's 3 F1 races +/-.

I am an early adopter in all things.

We were burning mass forests transitioning from hunter gathers to agrarian for 3000+ years and this is deemed to have caused most GHG and damage.

Then the 2000 yrs of mechanized war burnt a lot more.

Finally we have the military complexes that are responsible for est 30% of GHG, top 20 corps 40% of GHG
, melting permafrost 10% daily human activity and natural forest fires the balance - all are +/- but German reports are reliable. This is from recollection only....

I am looking fwd to buying an attractive EVs that is:

- not subsidized by bus riders and low income folks
- not recycled by 5 yr olds and distressed folks in 3rd and 4th world countries with no OHSA
- battery raw materials not mined from ocean floors, vulnerable countries by distressed people.
- 5 min charge to 500 miles range
- weight less than 3,800 lb
- use 100% non fossil fuel derived electricity.
- no nuclear electricity content unless mfg recycles the nuclear waste.

See you in 2040 maybe! This is an LOL parody - don't take anything here seriously.
2000 years of mechanised war ????? The tank was invented in 1916, just over 100 years ago.

Burning forests is not fossil fuels, the contribution was minimal at the time (from data) and also renewable. Don't confuse wood with fossil fuels please! This has NOT produced 'most of the GHG' - have you even seen global CO2 data over the last few years ?

Top 20 corps - I assume you mean corporations. In what way are these not human activity. What are these 'top 20 corps', I can only assume you mean the coal mining companies and oil companies ? Melting permafrost - yes a good point, but why is it melting ?????? It is a response to warming not the cause, having said that it is a positive feedback effect so ultimately will drive further temperature rises. This is why the 'tipping point' is so critical.

As regards you EV purchase - you will not have to wait long in Europe, maybe the US will take a while to catch up.
Sponsored

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
That's my point.

Mustang's (in particular) aren't expensive, and they aren't toys. But that's the perception they get, and I think they get it from overly-infatuated Mustang owners that treat their cars like delicate jewels that can only be used on nice, sunny days.

They are truly solid daily drivers. Large, roomy (for 2 people), a huge trunk, easy to get in and out of. And they're just fine in snowy conditions with the right tires. Even regular all-seasons work just fine in all but the deepest of snowy weather.

Other than maybe someone with several kids, they're fantastic for year-'round daily driving. An EB Premium 10A would be a really, really solid DD choice for year-'round use.
I totally agree. I'm 76 and my 2017 GT/PP Supercharged is my only car.

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
When I was weighing what to get it was between the Mustang GT or a Tesla model 3. This was my first purchase new and what tipped the scale was the realization that the Mustang would most likely be the last and only gas vehicle I will ever buy.

Fuck the future, 16 year old me would be so proud of me now!

Plus the range and charging issues still abound.
I also agree. I was thinking of getting a V8 mustang (maybe even a Shelby) as a retirement present to myself, but that's like in another 12 years.

I realized that even halfway to that date, we may lose V8's and manual transmissions. It was my wife who suggested that instead of leasing another Ecoboost 6MT (leased two), I just find a decent V8 to purchase.

She is also thinking about getting the Mach E (I refuse to call it a mustang). As much as this makes my skin crawl, her justification was, "would you rather I get a model THREE???" She and I both agree that between Teslas and the Mach E, the Mach E looks much better. But for now, thank goodness (for me) that dealers around me want ridiculous markups for Mach E's.

We have solar panels and her work is 10 min drive away. She said that it'd make sense for us to get battery backup for the house and have her charge an EV at home... I hate that it makes sense.

Echoing what you said, 16 year old me would be so proud of me as well, but then that was three decades ago, and if I told the 16 year old me that I am driving a 460HP 6MT Mustang that... Has touch-screen TV panel, DIGITAL gauges, and that the car steers itself back to lane AND I can talk to it and it talks back, the 16 year old me would laugh and tell me that the next thing I am going to say is that my name is Michael Knight and the car is called KIT.

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
The congestion charge only allows higher earners to access city

Horses, wagons, capapults are mechanized warfare....

Anyway west USA and West Canada produced 10 % of China's GHG last year, in one summer of forest fires, caused mainly by poor forest management policy failing to replant the natural fire breaks after forested were stripped...and lack of water bombers that they can easily order 1000 of from Russian or China.

Multiply that forest fire pollution by 50 X 3000 years.

The damage is done. Better off to spend the 100s TNs developing new power sources and space gates so we can all move to new planets....space shares equiry are cheap now. Just wait till musk gets another $TN subsidy he will make it happen like he did with the $800MN govt gift 12 or so years ago.
Congestion charge puts everybody off - I can assure you!

The rest of your post just drifts into delirium and ignores facts. I say again - look at CO2 levels over the last few thousand years to see the effect of fossil fuel burning - I'll give you a clue - it all happens in the last 100 years!

'New power sources and space gates' - oh dear!