Sponsored

S550 may be eliminated sooner rather then later...

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
As better hints about the content than just the name of the site, which doesn't tell me much about any agenda behind the content going in. More on the matter of links toward the bottom of this post.
This forum takes the page title for the link automatically but if you hover over it the link detals will show where the link is taking you.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I wonder how many deaths were due to air pollution back in 1900 when every house was heated with coal or wood.

It's too bad the girl died but to think we can have 100% clean anything is another unobtainable pipe dream.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I wonder how many deaths were due to air pollution back in 1900 when every house was heated with coal or wood.

It's too bad the girl died but to think we can have 100% clean anything is another unobtainable pipe dream.
Loads. One of the reasons for the Clean Air Act in the UK and subsequent bans on burning coal followed by gas and then probably oil for heating homes in the UK.

Not many cars about in 1900 !

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Can't see the Forrest for the trees.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
People have no idea how much power is in a gallon of gasoline. Try pushing your mustang one mile at walking pace. Then think about how much power it takes to push that same mustang at 70 MPH down the freeway for 25 miles.
It's energy, rather than power (the engine has the power). But still incredible when you put it in those terms :). The problem is that gallon doesn't magically disappear; it stays in the air. And THAT is the problem with fuels.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The problem is that gallon doesn't magically disappear; it stays in the air. And THAT is the problem with fuels.
Nothing disappears. The fuels used to generate the electricity for EVs don't disappear either. And they're much worse. Nuclear waste is infinitely worse than anything given off by other sources of energy.
Besides, a modern, GPF-equipped, gasoline-powered car gives off little more than carbon dioxide and water. To claim that a girl died because of that is a gross exaggeration. She may have died because of pollution, but certainly not because of the 'pollution' caused by a 6th generation Mustang. Now, if someone had a 1968 Mustang and spent the best part of their life on their knees, behind the car, sniffing its exhaust, then sure, that could potentially kill them. But something tells me this wasn't the case with that girl.

Last edited:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Nothing disappears. The fuels used to generate the electricity for EVs don't disappear either. And they're much worse. Nuclear waste is infinitely worse than anything given off by other sources of energy.
Besides, a modern, GPF-equipped, gasoline-powered car gives off little more than carbon dioxide and water. To claim that a girl died because of that is a gross exaggeration. She may have died because of pollution, but certainly not because of the 'pollution' caused by a 6th generation Mustang. Now, if someone had a 1968 Mustang and spent the best part of their life on their knees, behind the car, sniffing its exhaust, then sure, that could potentially kill them. But something tells me this wasn't the case with that girl.
With the greatest respect the courts had the facts and professional experts / legal experts - I think it is fair to say they will have considered it carefully. Maybe you live in the country, but believe me cities can be some pretty disgusting places pollution wise, especially next to roads. We in the UK are over 50% non fossil fuel now with only around 7% nuclear so the electricity for the EV's doesn't have to produce the same pollution.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
With the greatest respect the courts had the facts and professional experts / legal experts - I think it is fair to say they will have considered it carefully. Maybe you live in the country, but believe me cities can be some pretty disgusting places pollution wise, especially next to roads. We in the UK are over 50% non fossil fuel now with only around 7% nuclear so the electricity for the EV's doesn't have to produce the same pollution.
Understood . . . and local geography can cause various pollutants to become concentrated. Los Angeles's infamous smog being perhaps the poster-boy example. Combined with an individual's unusual sensitivity to some pollutant or other would be a 'perfect storm'. I'm not trying to downplay what happened, I just wonder if a similar perfect storm was playing out.

I hear you on cities tending to be places with dirty air - I used to be able to see Philadelphia's air from the building where I worked and it wasn't pretty except on days where there was sustained brisk wind. I personally wouldn't choose to live in any major city (or drive in one much more than absolutely necessary; I did enough of that when I was much younger). Many people don't have that option, though.

I'm more than a little curious where all that non-fossil, non-nuclear power could be coming from.

Norm

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Did you see we built the Thames barrier for this very reason - and it get used so in answer to your question - it would have already happened. Sorry to piss on your fire.
No sunshine.

The "science" stated that large parts of the Uk would be underwater permanently. Not the occasional high-tides, in just London.

But you're correct......if it was real, it would have happened already.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
No sunshine.

The "science" stated that large parts of the Uk would be underwater permanently. Not the occasional high-tides, in just London.

But you're correct......if it was real, it would have happened already.
London is clearly at sea level. Why would 'large parts' of the UK be underwater - we are not an atoll. The Thames barrier was built to combat rising sea levels and is used because of rising sea levels - which bit do you not understand ?

Once again if you do not believe sea levels are rising I suggest you consult people who understand this better than you do..

Sea Level | Vital Signs – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet (nasa.gov)

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Understood . . . and local geography can cause various pollutants to become concentrated. Los Angeles's infamous smog being perhaps the poster-boy example. Combined with an individual's unusual sensitivity to some pollutant or other would be a 'perfect storm'. I'm not trying to downplay what happened, I just wonder if a similar perfect storm was playing out.

I hear you on cities tending to be places with dirty air - I used to be able to see Philadelphia's air from the building where I worked and it wasn't pretty except on days where there was sustained brisk wind. I personally wouldn't choose to live in any major city (or drive in one much more than absolutely necessary; I did enough of that when I was much younger). Many people don't have that option, though.

I'm more than a little curious where all that non-fossil, non-nuclear power could be coming from.

Norm
Wind and solar mainly. UK also investing in electricity storage to balance out when one or the other is not working. A lot of our wind generation is offshore where wind speed is more consistent.

UK details Wind_powered_electricity_in_the_UK.pdf (publishing.service.gov.uk)

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Man made climate change is a religion. Once a person "believes" it, there is no matter of facts that will dissuade them.

Unfortunately our school are preaching this hard. Makes no difference that the earth has been warmer than it is today and it makes no difference that the earth was colder than today.

The sky is falling, you know, and it is our fault

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
have a snickers
Sponsored