Surprised they are not charging extra for that... :cwl:
Sponsored

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Jesus, first taking away options and now selling them with rust…. Nice
Fords luck will run out eventually. Just look at the e-mustang.
most people wouldn’t want one for free .
They just lucky that a-holes like me , put up with the crap because we like them .

OP
OP

Glenn 70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
1970 mach 1 mustang
Just to confirm, please take a photo of the car itself. Trust, but verify...
Sent to me and photos taken while these 2 different new mach 1s were on a lift . Both about 2 weeks old . They didn’t send me outside photos .

OP
OP

Glenn 70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
1970 mach 1 mustang
Why is the resonator black? That looks like undercoating or paint(not factory). Looks like a flood car that was in salt water.
That’s interesting all out mustangs have a bit of black rust proofing splashed around under the car , don’t yours ?

OP
OP

Glenn 70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
1970 mach 1 mustang
Seriously. Did these cars get parked on the deck of the boat exposed to the sea for the whole trip? First the Ford screw up with features and then this, Aussie buyers must be irate if this is how they are all showing up.
I have no idea buts it’s not all the new mach 1s ,but a few . I have owned 2x S550 mustangs and had no rust problems . These pics look like salt corrosion to me ? , from salt roads in the US maybe ?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Glenn 70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
1970 mach 1 mustang
I have owned 4 s550s and none had painted resonators. None had rust like that even my 2016 that spent it's winters in Michigan's salt. I am skeptical.
Why skeptical ? Black paint is some sort of thick coating and on all our Aussie mustangs . I never knew yours did not have it till now . Both of my S550 had it and even over sprayed on the back of my wheels . It seems to be just hit and miss when they do it .

OP
OP

Glenn 70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
1970 mach 1 mustang
Probably built in Detroit winter/spring with salt everywhere and just sat around and then eventually shipped to Australia. I’m sure the ocean air siding help curb the problem.

Edit. I’m skeptical as well the painted resonator is suspect, looks like an older car...
,no brand new mach 1s , 2 off them .

OP
OP

Glenn 70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
1970 mach 1 mustang
They put that black shit on all the export mustangs. UK has complained and Ford uk seals the whole underbody.
it’s supposed to be some rust preventive! I also read it’s for tax reasons ? Having work done outside the US is supposed to help reduce export taxes ?
Either way, mine was the same. A 2 year old could paint better.
I spent a good 10 to 15 hours removing that black joke of a undercoat. I actually removed exhaust and went through 5 litres of acetone to melt it all off.
Thank you 👍 . Some on here don’t seem to believe me these are brand new Aussie mach 1s . That black tar type of under coat is near impossible to remove . They only seem to splash it around under the cars here ,not covering everything .

OP
OP

Glenn 70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
1970 mach 1 mustang
Jesus, first taking away options and now selling them with rust…. Nice
You know what makes this unbelievable is some other mustang owners are telling these owners its normal and just paint over it all with black paint from a rattle can . I would take it back and demand a new car or my money back .

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I apologize on this. I didn't know they would paint the bottom black as it made no sense to me. Most of the suspension bolts are stainless as is the exhaust. Painting it would just cause a hazard burning off. It looks like a salvage car that was flood damaged to me. Like a hack job.

OP
OP

Glenn 70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
1970 mach 1 mustang
I apologize on this. I didn't know they would paint the bottom black as it made no sense to me. Most of the suspension bolts are stainless as is the exhaust. Painting it would just cause a hazard burning off. It looks like a salvage car that was flood damaged to me. Like a hack job.
Nope brand new mach 1s ,not just one . I know someone that works at a ford dealership and spoke to him today . He told me a lot of the mach 1s have this corrosion problem and are using a machine that treats the corrosion with dry ice the break it down ,then they spray a black underbody spray on the effected parts . Maybe not all the dealers have this dry ice machine ?

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Nope brand new mach 1s ,not just one . I know someone that works at a ford dealership and spoke to him today . He told me a lot of the mach 1s have this corrosion problem and are using a machine that treats the corrosion with dry ice the break it down ,then they spray a black underbody spray on the effected parts . Maybe not all the dealers have this dry ice machine ?
The dry ice system you mention, is dry ice blasting. It’s used in the printing industry to clean off ink from machinery. It is a very effective but gentle blasting.

I was looking at a new M4 yesterday, those Germans build to absolute perfection !
Their attitude is so very different .

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I was looking at a new M4 yesterday, those Germans build to absolute perfection !
Their attitude is so very different .
They build some very impressive machines! It’s definitely a different mindset when it comes to fit and finish. I love my German car :rockon:

F24CF6CE-C4A1-4432-A07F-6A150F187EB1.jpeg
Sponsored