Running Waze + Sirius using Android Auto

ArtieTheOneManParty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I'm probably going to cancel my Sirius subscription on the Mustang, or at least play their game to get it cheap by canceling and re-subscribing. If I cancel, I still have SiriusXm on my phone. If I run Android Auto, can I play my SiriusXM using the phone at the same time as running Waze? If so, having it in the car would be redundant.
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I'm probably going to cancel my Sirius subscription on the Mustang, or at least play their game to get it cheap by canceling and re-subscribing. If I cancel, I still have SiriusXm on my phone. If I run Android Auto, can I play my SiriusXM using the phone at the same time as running Waze? If so, having it in the car would be redundant.
Sirius added AndroiAuto support about 3 years ago.

So why don't you try it? It should be working if you have the SiriusXM app installed on your phone. You should see the SiriusXM app on the Android dashboard screen. If it's not there, you might need to go into Android Auto settings, choose "Customize launcher" and toggle it on.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
If it's the same Siruis XM account, the car and the phone are on the same subscription - cancel 1 and you cancel both. The phone app is just a streaming add-on you get with the car's subscription.

OP
OP
ArtieTheOneManParty

ArtieTheOneManParty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I know how to access it, my question was more, will they both work at the same time, since both are running on the phone. Haven't had a chance to test it, I just wanted to check before I cancel the subscription. I do have another subscription that has streaming, so I'm good from that perspective.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
So you want to run Waze and stream Sirius from your phone (not from the car's antenna) at the same time?

I can't see why it wouldn't work. It's no different than streaming Pandora or playing other music at the same time as having Waze on. Maybe try that first? ie. download another streaming service to sample?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ArtieTheOneManParty

ArtieTheOneManParty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Turns out it's a non-issue. I called to cancel and they extended me for 6 bucks a month for a year.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
my question was more, will they both work at the same time, since both are running on the phone. Haven't had a chance to test it
I run google maps with voice prompt and XM streaming both on the phone and they both use the BT audio channel. But I don't have the big display.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
I ran Waze and Sirius for a while as I recall. My Sirius antenna in the car wasn't working and I was traveling so just had Sirius running on my phone app through Android Auto and had Waze giving me directions.

And I've had Waze running while listening to Iheart radio, all on the Android Auto app.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I have run them both in my car at the same time.
Sponsored