Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Could this be the GT4? Notice the racing seat, and I vaguely remember seeing a racing cage.
I did think that.......but there wouldn't be a need to test a GT4 on the road, or would there?

However, we know the GT4 uses a cross place crank version of the 5.2.......and that's what I want to see in the next halo-Mustang. Well, a n/a 5.2 CPC in a Mach 1 and a supercharged or Ecoboost 5.2 CPC in the halo-Stang :)
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Exactly right, ford didn't need to road test the GT4.
I hope to hell this GT500 is twin turbo. Built internally tough as nails. That way they can debut it with 725 hp to satisfy emissions and then sell certain keys for drag. Say 125 hp tune upgrade for 1k. I don't give a shit if it doesn't have the most HP or a drag strip king. I want it to be a great driving car #1 but also have the potential to be a beast with a tune. Would be nice if ford had the balls, but I just don't think that's in their plans. I'm expecting a 725 hp car at around 4,000 lbs.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Exactly right, ford didn't need to road test the GT4.
I hope to hell this GT500 is twin turbo. Built internally tough as nails. That way they can debut it with 725 hp to satisfy emissions and then sell certain keys for drag. Say 125 hp tune upgrade for 1k. I don't give a shit if it doesn't have the most HP or a drag strip king. I want it to be a great driving car #1 but also have the potential to be a beast with a tune. Would be nice if ford had the balls, but I just don't think that's in their plans. I'm expecting a 725 hp car at around 4,000 lbs.
725hp that is quality on the road and I am trading in my GT350R.

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
I did think that.......but there wouldn't be a need to test a GT4 on the road, or would there?
Unless it's a street version of the GT4? I don't know, just a wild guess.

Similar to GT350/R and GT350R-C.

Sponsored

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
Worth mentioning I think, both sounds very similar.

[ame]

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Worth mentioning I think, both sounds very similar.

The video's are short but i don't hear any supercharger whine, the acceleration in the video is not very aggressive so not sure that you would hear any blow off from the turbo's but i don't hear that either.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
A 4000 pound Mustang ! Yikes !
Hahahahaaaa! Nah...I was just upset at the time man...just tired of this Bullpucky. I'm not a young fella anymore...my days are numbered. I'd like to at least hear about the thing before I go!

It shouldn't be much more than the ZL1...maybe 50 lbs. Hopefully it's less. Turbos and a 4.6 would drop it to below zl1 I think.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Paul,......just so it is known, I did email him this morning and hadn't heard back yet.
I just emailed him again.
10-4 thanks, we'll be waiting patiently on the side lines. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Siggy550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
I saw in MCA January magazine Ford Nationals (June 2-4) is celebrating the 50th anniversary of the GT500. There was a comment in there that MCA has heard rumors Ford may have a last-minute surprise. Sorry if someone already pointed this out.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I saw in MCA January magazine Ford Nationals (June 2-4) is celebrating the 50th anniversary of the GT500. There was a comment in there that MCA has heard rumors Ford may have a last-minute surprise. Sorry if someone already pointed this out.
Nope...hadn't heard that (I'm not an MCA member.....it's rather expensive for overseas members). But that's good to know and gives us hope!

:ford:

Go Time

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
* It will be a MY2019
* You will see it first at the 2018 NAIAS
* Will go on sale in the summer of 2018
* Will not be a TT
* Will have a larger fixed wing on the back that you have seen in pictures
* Will beat the current GT350 around the track
* Will be an absolute monster

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
June, and it's still uncertain if they can sell a 2017.5. I imagine they will still release a limited number for the GT500's 50th Anniversary.
Sponsored