RPMs dropping at idle

FrankM5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401a package
I have a 19 GT with 28k miles and recently installed a Corsa no tune intake and have been noticing not daily but has happened 3 times this week where if I’m at the light the car will start dropping rpms maybe from 300-500 rpms and shake but then goes back to normal I have checked the seals don’t hear a link. Although there’s a hose that kind of feels like the has play but it’s in all the way. Also it’s a closed intake and I noticed there’s a tiny opening? Where I can fit a flat head and bring in air. That’s from me observing it. But everything else seems fine. I also noticed my digital dash go off for 15 seconds and then my apple car play acting up. Not sure what’s going on with the car, everything just came at me at once. No codes no power loss besides the idle part but again doesn’t happen often. Not sure what to do at this point any ideas?

54CC5B8C-09B6-4183-9B69-D9436E6EA525.jpeg
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Could be some kind of turbulence. Try putting stock back on and then swap back again. Not really gaining anything with a stock tune intake. The tune required ones have some gains up top.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Did the digital dash go out at the same time the idle drop happened? Did you have the battery disconnected when you did this conversion? If so I would double check the battery terminals are tight first. Maybe look for any engine grounds that you may have had apart, but if the dash happens at the same time, sounds like a momentary voltage loss. I’ve had a few cars that are similar over the years and have found a loose battery terminal enough times to go straight for it now when I hear this complaint.

OP
OP
FrankM5

FrankM5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Could be some kind of turbulence. Try putting stock back on and then swap back again. Not really gaining anything with a stock tune intake. The tune required ones have some gains up top.
The reason for the no tune intake was for warranty purposes and I actually feel the car pull harder although I do agree a tuned perhaps 91/e85 tune JLT intake is the way to go but I wanted something for now. So I am impressed, I had my doubts about it.

OP
OP
FrankM5

FrankM5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
The reason for the no tune intake was for warranty purposes and I actually feel the car pull harder although I do agree a tuned perhaps 91/e85 tune JLT intake is the way to go but I wanted something for now. So I am impressed, I had my doubts about it.
but nothing like this has happened before the install so it is weird

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Probably Cam phasers, I had mine replaced for this twice.

OP
OP
FrankM5

FrankM5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Did the digital dash go out at the same time the idle drop happened? Did you have the battery disconnected when you did this conversion? If so I would double check the battery terminals are tight first. Maybe look for any engine grounds that you may have had apart, but if the dash happens at the same time, sounds like a momentary voltage loss. I’ve had a few cars that are similar over the years and have found a loose battery terminal enough times to go straight for it now when I hear this complaint.
the dash turned off like 5 mins after the rpm drop
Sponsored