Roush "Style" ebay rear spoiler review

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
Had a ladder fall over on my trunk as the car sat in the parking lot at my office. Only car in the lot. The AC guys go up on the roof and the ladder blows over. $3000 worth of damage so I thought it might be an appropriate time to add the wing. It looks great and the finish on the wing was fine. As far as durability goes it seems rock solid using the double sided tape.
Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Mine is from ikon and has the raised lip but the VHB tape was not completely concealed by the lip. It's really not noticeable unless you're looking directly down at the bonding point.
I consider that a good thing, because then you know the lip is not preventing full contact of the tape. Still, this is better than no lip at all.

I am also faced with ordering from Ikon, and then not having as good of color match as this first one. I was quoted $150 to have it painted for a perfect match.

Still deciding what to do to achieve Perfect Enough.

B.Crowder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 Mustang GT Prem. M/T
My compla Can anyone else check to see if these two corners match on their spoilers? I am trying to find out if this is a one-off error, or something that comes out of a defective mold.
If you mean the "creases" in the top surface of the spoiler, both sides of my spoiler look like your first picture, ie. fairly "sharp". It doesn't look anything like your second picture, but it could just be the lighting. Regardless, I don't notice any asymmetry anywhere on my spoiler, but maybe the black color masks it better than TY.

Reactions: GTP

Brometheus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP 6MT
Both sides of my spoiler look the same.

Reactions: GTP

CompetitionOrange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT
Bought this product in magnetic and it looks great. Didn't realize it doesn't use same holes that stock gt spoiler used... So i ended up putting the stock one on rather than buying a new trunk/filling stock holes

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I ran a bead of black RTV silicone into the top and bottom of the spoiler to help hide the tape, as well as weatherproof it. It looks great and is seamless looking now. Just do a good job of it and get it really smooth when you do it. Of course, if you have a wing in a color other than black, I'm not sure how it would look.

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
for those that used 3M 4941 VHB tape. How is your spoiler holding up? Still on tight? How long have you had it on?

Dsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP LB
I know some have had good luck with the knock-off spoiler on ebay, so thought I would give it a shot based on the reviews and photos, but I have to say, they must have pulled mine out of the dumpster. What a total piece of garbage. From the dimples, to orange peel, to fine scratches over the entire spoiler, I can't believe someone would actually have the balls to sell this. Hardware was garbage along with the adhesive tape as well. Bought the real thing and man what a difference. Absolutely perfect UA color match and quality was spot on. The difference between these two is night and day. You get what you pay for. Knock-off on the right..stating the obvious.
IMG_4957.jpg

stangchief

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cr3group.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang premium
I am leaning toward the MMD by Foose spoiler on my spoiler delete 16 Eco....what is everyone's opinion and/or experience in using the tape on this spoiler compared to the Roush?

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I know some have had good luck with the knock-off spoiler on ebay, so thought I would give it a shot based on the reviews and photos, but I have to say, they must have pulled mine out of the dumpster. What a total piece of garbage. From the dimples, to orange peel, to fine scratches over the entire spoiler, I can't believe someone would actually have the balls to sell this. Hardware was garbage along with the adhesive tape as well. Bought the real thing and man what a difference. Absolutely perfect UA color match and quality was spot on. The difference between these two is night and day. You get what you pay for. Knock-off on the right..stating the obvious.

That sucks. Mine looks great.

Sponsored

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
for those that used 3M 4941 VHB tape. How is your spoiler holding up? Still on tight? How long have you had it on?

Mine has been on since May and is on there like a rock. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang Premium Automagic
Damn.. mine is perfect.

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Was the seller Ikon Motorsports, they are very reputable and if you did get it from them they will replace it. If not it's still worth a shot to contact the seller. Mine is perfect, been on the car for 1k miles now with just 3m and holding up just fine.

Dsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP LB
Was the seller Ikon Motorsports, they are very reputable and if you did get it from them they will replace it. If not it's still worth a shot to contact the seller. Mine is perfect, been on the car for 1k miles now with just 3m and holding up just fine.
Yes, Ikon through Ebay. Already installed the Roush. Will be returning the Ikon one. Good to hear others had better luck.
DSC00976.jpg

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
Has anyone who installed this wing with the 3M VHT tape tried removing it? I have had mine on since May with no issues but I am wanting to get another spoiler and need to remove this one.

The VHT tape is really strong and has held up well but now I am worried that I wont be able to get it off.
Sponsored