Sponsored

Roush 2.6 Blower Coming

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
This should be fun. Imagine the TQ with this bad boy. Just saw this on FB. Whipple better step up its game. A TVS 2.6 blower will spank the Whipple 2.9 ;) Y'all better get on the TVS bus before it leaves. :lol:
Sponsored

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Can't wait to upgrade!

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Great, if only they would've come out with this a few weeks ago when I had mine installed. :doh:

Sponsored

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
TVS are the bomb. Whipple are dope too. But I'll take a tvs any day. 2.6 tvs would be awesome. If they made a 2.9 they would smash a twin screw. 2.3 is the little engine that could. :cheers:

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
i still dont get why whipple doesnt use the bigger rear feed blowers on the s550. fitment be damned buy a bigger cowl........

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
TVS are the bomb. Whipple are dope too. But I'll take a tvs any day. 2.6 tvs would be awesome. If they made a 2.9 they would smash a twin screw. 2.3 is the little engine that could. :cheers:
Whipples are over rated. A 2.3 TVS gives the 2.9 Whipple hell already. The 2.65 TVS will knock Whipple completely out of the park. :amen:

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If only Whipple made a 4.5.....oh wait
Whipple guys love reading and chiming in on the discussion... We get it… You love to dyno your cars… It blows my mind when I see you guys say, it made xxx on a Mustang dyno and xxx on a dynojet... My car has been on one dyno while it was getting tuned.. I am to busy enjoying and racing my car to seek out the highest dyno numbers!:lol:

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
This should be fun. Imagine the TQ with this bad boy. Just saw this on FB. Whipple better step up its game. A TVS 2.6 blower will spank the Whipple 2.9 ;) Y'all better get on the TVS bus before it leaves. :lol:
Just gonna throw a nice ole guess out there.
You'll see a drop in peak TQ while HP rises slightly on slightly less boost. There's a reason why you don't see many bigger liter roots blowers. In low boost applications, like what we run on our cars, boost will actually leak back up past the rotors.
On the plus side, you won't have to spin it as fast so less heat fo sho

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Whipple and Roush are both nice setups

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
Whipple guys love reading and chiming in on the discussion... We get it… You love to dyno your cars… It blows my mind when I see you guys say, it made xxx on a Mustang dyno and xxx on a dynojet... My car has been on one dyno while it was getting tuned.. I am to busy enjoying and racing my car to seek out the highest dyno numbers!:lol:
I've personally never put my car on a dyno...so there goes your theory. Good job for enjoying your car tho lol

Not a whipple fanboy here.. I love all forms of boost.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
Would the 2.6 be a direct swap for those that have the 2.3 already?

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Would the 2.6 be a direct swap for those that have the 2.3 already?
That is a good question. Honestly the TQ that bad boy will put out would require stronger rods or bigger pulley. :)

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
That is a good question. Honestly the TQ that bad boy will put out would require stronger rods or bigger pulley. :)
I thought we had forged rods already..... I thought the pistons were the only thing not forged...?
Sponsored