Sponsored

Rotor damage - Beechmont Ford states this is normal?

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Well by the time this is resolved I will have found a great local dealer as well. Too bad it's going to be at best the 3rd attempt at this point.

I will say that local dealers aside, Ford corporate is doing a great job trying to resolve. Not sure what the next steps are, but the Ford rep I'm working with has been great so far. I keep telling them the car is phenomenal - we just need to get this minor issue corrected. My 21 was absolutely flawless, but there is just something special about how this one drives. Once the brakes are fixed this one will be better in everyway.

Best of luck my friend. Ford does not like negative comments on line as they have monitors that actually read the comments (Good and bad) It sounds like you are on the right track (No pun) Let us know the final outcome. Hang in there.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tucker80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang CS, 2024 Civic Type R, SV650
Just a quick update that the 3rd time appears to be the charm. Nothing has been replaced yet, but I now at least have a work order that has been submitted by the 3rd dealer. It took them all of 15 secs to say that's not right at all and start working on the work order. They said they'll call back to schedule service once they have final approval and loaner car available. Fingers crossed, but it appears to finally be moving towards resolution.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
hopefully you get good news. New rotors should be installed but at minimum yours could be put on the lathe and a minimum thickness removed (basically surface cleaning). It’s sad that you had to jump through all these hoops for something that basic and easy to correct. It’s why I absolutely avoid the service department at all costs.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Just a quick update that the 3rd time appears to be the charm. Nothing has been replaced yet, but I now at least have a work order that has been submitted by the 3rd dealer. It took them all of 15 secs to say that's not right at all and start working on the work order. They said they'll call back to schedule service once they have final approval and loaner car available. Fingers crossed, but it appears to finally be moving towards resolution.
Aaron that is good news keep us up to date. I hope you finally get results.

OP
OP

Tucker80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
One final update - I had to wait for a fairly significant period of time to get the rotors replaced due to also getting the CS stripe replaced that was on back order from Ford and scheduling the work for one appointment. The stripe arrived this week and the dealership that has the car was pretty much speechless regarding the rotors. All 4 were immediately ordered for replacement and they had no explanation for what caused the issue.

I honestly can't say enough good about Kerry Ford in Tri-county. While I've been waiting for what seemed like an eternity they've called me almost weekly to update on the backorder situation. Even when there wasn't an update they would call just to let me know they hadn't forgotten. Truly remarkable customer service and I plan on telling as many people at Ford corporate as I can about my positive experience - and one standout customer service rep specifically.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Truly remarkable customer service and I plan on telling as many people at Ford corporate as I can about my positive experience - and one standout customer service rep specifically.
glad to hear it. Hopefully Ford will recognize the dealership and reward them in a meaningful way. Don't just send an email. Print it out and send it USPS to Ford HQ, President, and VP of Dealer Relations and VP of Customer Service. A paper-based letter really gets people's attention because it's so darn rare. You may well receive a "handwritten" response.

OP
OP

Tucker80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
glad to hear it. Hopefully Ford will recognize the dealership and reward them in a meaningful way. Don't just send an email. Print it out and send it USPS to Ford HQ, President, and VP of Dealer Relations and VP of Customer Service. A paper-based letter really gets people's attention because it's so darn rare. You may well receive a "handwritten" response.
That's actually a great idea! Good customer service reps are way under appreciated and deserve every bit of positive recognition possible.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Send that letter to Jim Farley also.

OP
OP

Tucker80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Send that letter to Jim Farley also.
Absolutely! I'm going to draft something up tonight. I plan to also hand a copy to the dealership manager as well.

Does anyone have a "best" address to use for the corporate team to give me the best/reasonable shot of getting it in front of the right people?
Sponsored