Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Story is still correct... bro. :doh:
Never said you were wrong bromigo. Just thought I'd add a picture for reference. You know... A picture is worth a 1000 words? It's your world brofessor, I'm just living in it.
Sponsored

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
He said he wants something for a snowboard. Ain't no way a snowboard is heavy enough to shatter the windows. This just has a strap that goes through the cabin to hold the rack down. The weight is all on the roof.
the strap goes through the cabin. There is no frame on the door. that means the strap will be between the roof and the window. Good way to have your window go up incorrectly and shatter. Those straps are meant for doors with frames around the window to prevent contact with the glass.

dwaine dibbley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 Coupe 2016

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
You need a GTi.
I got a Fiesta ST and it honestly does not carry much more than the Stang when skis and snowboards are involved.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
the strap goes through the cabin. There is no frame on the door. that means the strap will be between the roof and the window. Good way to have your window go up incorrectly and shatter. Those straps are meant for doors with frames around the window to prevent contact with the glass.
I would hope most people are smart enough not to put the windows all the way up using that. But even if they did, the window would probably go back down if it started binding. That is how it works in my Nissans.

Sponsored

webelevy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Ingot Silver,Recaros, 20in Foundr

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
The Yakima Q78 hook type attachment points will allow the door glass to safely go up as usual. Consider that until the current gen, most Subarus have frameless windows too. There'd be an uprising that'd put the 1917 bolshevik one to shame, if Subie windows were busting up as you fear ours might.
large.jpg

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Late update to this.

I have a Yakima dealer local to me here in The Netherlands, but they dont stock the Mustang parts.

I contacted Yakima in the US who were completely uninterested in helping ship a set to me from the US, or talking to their EU distributor to get parts to me.

So there the story ends. I was very surprised and quite saddened by the lack of effort and interest from Yakima. The S550 is one of Europes best selling Coupes in 2016 and there are more than 10k registered on the road now. Seems like a good business opportunity to me, but what do I know!!

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
He doesn't need a GTI. Dare to be different? There are Lamborghini's with cargo racks. Why not a Mustang?
8423c9b29095c591cbc37eeb2f7e96fa--lamborghini-aventador-super-cars.jpg
That's one of Jon Olssen's cars. He's a professional downhill skier, and always rigs up his exotic cars with various racks. I've followed his blog for a few years now.

http://jon-olsson.com/cars/

I think the Mustang has a bit of a short roof for a conventional roof rack system, it needs something that utilized the fast back a bit. Enrique did a youtube video a couple of years ago. It looks ok but I still think the S550 needs a more custom solution.

[ame]

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Late update to this.

I have a Yakima dealer local to me here in The Netherlands, but they dont stock the Mustang parts.

I contacted Yakima in the US who were completely uninterested in helping ship a set to me from the US, or talking to their EU distributor to get parts to me.

So there the story ends. I was very surprised and quite saddened by the lack of effort and interest from Yakima. The S550 is one of Europes best selling Coupes in 2016 and there are more than 10k registered on the road now. Seems like a good business opportunity to me, but what do I know!!
So you want one of us to buy it and ship it to you?

Sponsored
OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
So you want one of us to buy it and ship it to you?
Hey, thanks for the offer. Ill think it over. I could also use Stackry or similar. Really, im just a bit more pissed at Yakima for taking zero interest.

They have a big dealer just 10km from me here in The Netherlands. How hard can it be to ship a set.... ? I dont know.

Im not sure I want to give my hard-earned to a company that gives zero shits.

Thanks for the offer though, very kind :)

Reactions: Ebm

careless00045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I'm looking into options for roof rack systems for my 16 GT. I appreciate not everyone will think this is a great idea, but it's my daily car and having a roof system would allow me to use it even more..... Only a good thing in my opinion!

Google seems to suggest that Yakima is the only option out there?

Is that right? Does anyone have experience with this system or any other one?

Photos etc welcomed :)
hi, were you able to find something reliable? please let me know.

animatorsteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 2017
I usually just toss my snowboard in the trunk, with my seats folded down. But, if you want something for the top of your roof.... That can handle surfboards,kayaks etc.. try something like this. I've used them for my dagger kayak and surfboards. Handles fine on the highway.
They're quick to put up and take down after a day trip.
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/moobod...-for-Kayak-Canoe-Paddle-Board/PRD0U8Q25C82744
Sponsored