Rolls Royce in a 2015 Mustang

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Okay guys, it’s not like I have the money to do this right now, but I was thinking. I eventually would want to go as full on P-51 Mustang with my car as possible so would it be feasible to fit a Rolls Royce V12 in the engine bay of a 2015 Mustang V6? Could it be done? How much do you think it would cost? Let’s discuss...
Sponsored

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Like an actual Rolls Royce Merlin?...forget it...impossible. If your talking about a Rolls Royce V12 out of say a Phantom, it could probobly be done with a lot of custom fab work and enourmous cost, Im sure the firewall would have to be cut out and moved back...id say not worth it.

Also should note: P51s didnt have a Rolls Royce in them anyway, the motor was built by Packard, it was however developed from the Rolls Royce Merlin.

OP
OP
Stam616

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Like an actual Rolls Royce Merlin?...forget it...impossible. If your talking about a Rolls Royce V12 out of say a Phantom, it could probobly be done with a lot of custom fab work and enourmous cost, Im sure the firewall would have to be cut out and moved back...id say not worth it.
Of course It couldn’t be an actual Merlin. Just an automotive V12 yes out of a phantom or some such vehicle.

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
In just to see this guy go bankrupt.

35yt2p.jpg

Seriously though, please don't.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stam616

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)

Also should note: P51s didnt have a Rolls Royce in them anyway, the motor was built by Packard, it was however developed from the Rolls Royce Merlin.
I know they were built by Packard but on license from Rolls Royce. Like I said I’m just curious since I know there’s a hell of a lot of people on here with tons more automotive knowledge so I figured I’d ask.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Frivolous waste of bandwidth.

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
Who was it that said there is no such thing as a stupid question? I think I found one......

Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Do the theme but stay with feasible drivetrain theory.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
You could probably spend much less money and fly an actual P51. That would be an amazing experience!

A few years ago they were doing it at a nearby airport for 2K.

OP
OP
Stam616

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
You could probably spend much less money and fly an actual P51. That would be an amazing experience!

A few years ago they were doing it at a nearby airport for 2K.
Well like I said at the start, I don’t have the money to do this right now.. I was just thinking out loud and seeing if there’s are people who would be able to tell me if it’s been done before, or that it may be feasible. I was in a car show a couple of weeks ago and there was a Rolls Royce nearby. I saw the engine and the idea came to me. I figured we’re all Mustang people here, so I thought I’d bring it up and see what people think.